Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Never did dots myself, a few of my mates did, always during the week when they were bored and waiting for Sat night.

I did a few stawberrys in the Olympic and at parties but never got any real buzz.

The only time I got a bit of craic out of acid was one night 5 of us drove down (one lad in the boot of a nissan bluebird) to near Enniskerry and parked up in the forrest and went looking for Powerscourt waterfall. it was one crazy night walking throught the forrest every now and then stopping for a joint - that was some ordeal trying to roll a j in the dark, laughing, tripping.. When we eventually found the waterfall the noise was deafening, the shadows of the trees from the light of the moon. Then trying to find our way back to the car with all these little red eyes looking at us, we all saw the same things, it was freeky. We eventually got back to portmarnock beech, crashed out in the morning sun and had a few more joints, a great night.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Never done the dots lads, was always afraid of them. What were they like. Mates and these girls I used to know from Jobstown used to do them in the Asylum, mad bitches.

Dots were to be wary of alright if L.S.D. doesnt agree with your mind as they were far stronger than your standard blotter paper trips,
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=l1DrqgobbcwC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0#PPA40,M1

However i found them in the right conditions to be very insightful....this might sound a bit hippyish but i took a couple one night & remember being amazed by the natural symmetry of a tree (cant be explained you would have to neck two dots & be there):D it just looked computer generated or somthing it looked so symmetrical:eek:
    And the ripples created by rain droplets in a puddle look far more interesting when you are on two Dots as opposed to being drunk in town waiting for a taxi when you coulnt give a SH*T about trees or rain:D
    I know i know it sounds ridiculous but they are quite a bit stronger than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

NovaGSi wrote: »
    I did a few stawberrys in the Olympic and at parties but never got any real buzz.
    Cheers,
    Mick

I found that Strawberries were best when taking on their own, even just a half. A nice melow buzz:) But I was always conscience of long term effects from these so generally I gave them a wide bearth compared to some of the lads cause you'll get something in the post years later if ya know what I mean.
    I used to hang around with this bloke from Kilnamanagh used to take 4 and 5 at a time, then he would blow petrol on top of that buzzing of the Hardcore Exstasy tape.. The fool would write T.P.H. on the bottle. And when the Garda would take it off him and ask what it meant, he'd say Tallaght Petroleum Head, fool! He would walk over to his house get another bottle and wave at them from his front door blowing more petrol, in front of his mother, the scumbag!
    We used to be freaked out hanging with this bloke especially when he'd be desribing his trips:eek:, you couldn't shake him though.

The only time I got a bit of craic out of acid was one night 5 of us drove down (one lad in the boot of a nissan bluebird) to near Enniskerry and parked up in the forrest and went looking for Powerscourt waterfall.

We had a rave in the hellfire club back in 97 or so not to sure...have a tape from it i'll upload somtime.....anyway we had only got these Yokes called MA125's printed on them & i did about 8 of em & still had two left the next morning but man it was a mad mad mad FUC*IN night buzzin around the outskirts of the forest & the big fire in front the heller cause we were all tripping off our nuts on them with great tunes;)

Another time there was a party in a gaff just down a bit from the heller with a view over the whole city (wont say the name of the gaff) that went on for days & warren K was playing for a lot of it....i wasnt there for all of it & if i was probably wouldnt be here now if i had stayed from the account of my mate who was there for all of it given the amount of illegal narcotics that were consumed over the days.

Dots were to be wary of alright if L.S.D. doesnt agree with your mind as they were far stronger than your standard blotter paper trips,
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=l1DrqgobbcwC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0#PPA40,M1

However i found them in the right conditions to be very insightful....this might sound a bit hippyish but i took a couple one night & remember being amazed by the natural symmetry of a tree (cant be explained you would have to neck two dots & be there):D it just looked computer generated or somthing it looked so symmetrical:eek:
    And the ripples created by rain droplets in a puddle look far more interesting when you are on two Dots as opposed to being drunk in town waiting for a taxi when you coulnt give a SH*T about trees or rain:D
    I know i know it sounds ridiculous but they are quite a bit stronger than normal.

These blokes I knew from Lucan were always banging on about this experiment they wanted to try, don't know if they ever done it though.
    When we were buzzing at the after parties they would go on about wanting to do trips and sit in a totally white room and just let their imagination run riot. I can see the logic in that, wonder did they ever do it, completely lost all contact with them.
    Doing yokes to come off trips, now thats some buzz:D

O.K. appologies for all the waffle but have to get this down before I forget all this stuff, back to the tunes. Does anyone have track from the Olympic 'Do you want to Party'. Not sure if thats the track name.
    There used to be this girl who used to hang over the balcony at the end of the night when the music had stopped and the place was emptying out singing it, 'Let me take you up to the highest, let me take you up to the top'. She used to get a lot of attention with people whilsling up at her from downstairs and she loved it.
    Anyone got an mp3 of that tune please.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have track from the Olympic 'Do you want to Party'.
    Anyone got an mp3 of that tune please.

I have a track on an old OLYMPIC tape with a tune with a bird singing 'do you want to party' & a sample of chuck dee from public enemy also in it saying 'bring the noise' if its the one your after?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Good old dots acid like no other lol. Loved all acid when I was still young enough to survive the hangovers and even play rugby the day after lmao. Loved the feeling of taking acid before e's it was a reall strange come up as the E started to take hold it was like your body wanted to go in two different directions and your thoughts were coming down a tunnel. I remember one night I could actually see my thoughts coming if that makes any sense. Think I already posted way back in the thread my wierdest experience on dots in the asylum when I put one under my eyelid cause all my M8's were saying it was a mad buzz and I was never one to miss out lol ****ed up night where reality left the building big style untill about 4 in the morning when i got a dove into me and things leveled of a bit. Another night on dots I was out in Greystones in a night club that used to play slow sets twice in a night, each time the slow set came on my vision went and i couldn't see 2 feet infront of my face litteraly like the music was making me go blind and as soon as the slow set was over i could see fine. You had to love the dots but they were defo for the head strong!!

I have a track on an old OLYMPIC tape with a tune with a bird singing 'do you want to party' & a sample of chuck dee from public enemy also in it saying 'bring the noise' if its the one your after?

I'd say thats the track but auld Chuck D wasn't on the version I am after.
    Although Public Enemy are class, thay were playing in Dublin only a few weeks ago, never got a chance to go:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

that track is DJ SCOTT - DO YOU WANT TO PARTY.

remember meself and a m8 doing a globe 1 night after be out in town,think we were after being in the asylum.anyways we ended up back at mine after dropping the globes.we were actually on a bit on a downer but we hed the beatles yellow submarine on video to watch(we actually planned to watch it on acid.man that film was made for tripping.everyting just made so much sense.elenor rigby the sea of holes the headlands the blue meanies.just magic.remember after the film thinking to meself this is the happiest i've ever felt in my life.we left the gaf for the obligatory walk to the garage and everything was perfect.the world was wonderfull.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭antoinb

If its the old Olympic tune your after i think you are looking for
    http://www.discogs.com/release/212268

I have it on Vinyl ,Im off home to Ireland in two days time so im pretty busy but when I get back here ill dig it out and rip it if nobody has posted it by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Its funny what you get up to when your mad out of your box, Done a lot of Acid my self, mainly double diped strawberries , I allways used to call them a 3 stage rocket, first the jiggles, then the second is the mad out of it stage, some times with an outerbody experience, had one of these outside the Oylmpic one time, 3rd is the paroined stage, I remember one night mad out of it on Acid, thought the old bill where after me, and ran home from the Oylmpic, into my bedroom to hide, paroined out of my box,

I got into it just after the acid wharehouse scene, no one knew where the f**k they where going to be held at, back in thoes days, in 1988, 1989,
    always remember one being held up in a building up on the Sundrive road,

I used to go pick Magic Mushrooms, up in a field, in the mountains, at the back of the Thomas Davis Gaa Club, on the Kiltipper Rd Tallaght, used to bring them home and microwave them , to dry them out, or bru them up in a pot of tea, they where allways a bit mad thoes mushrooms,
    Got into the scene myself about 1990, used to go to the Oylmpic every weekend, great place, allways used to stay southside, mostly Gravity, AKA Sides-DC, Grouchoes , not sure of the spelling, the club used to be down by Stephens Green, just off Graftin Street, used to go to the Harp Bar alot for awhile aswell , I've been in the System, Ormond, Columbia mills, AKA the waterfront, and that big church place , down near th Big Tree Pub, not sure of the name , think it starts with a T,

Sides was allways my place to be, used to meet up with a few boys from Tallaght, and allways went down stairs , beside that big speaker down near the Jacks, it used to look very dirty and black down there, I remember there was allways Birds hanging about in the mens jacks......

Anyway got the JX N-Trance Dj Pressure tape uploaded,
    and as I said in another post, the Quality is not the best ,
    and it was copyed onto a 30 min tape, I nicked off a friend years ago,

JX-N-TRANCE-DJ-PRESSURE-LIVE PT1 30 min only

http://www.mediafire.com/?b90c4djxvcc

JX-N-TRANCE-DJ-PRESSURE-LIVE PT2 30 min only

http://www.mediafire.com/?qz9wj91wk40

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

anyone remember anniversarys?? i remember doing them one halloween and we thought we'd got ripped but needless to say after bout 2 hrs the giggles kicked in and it was like hanging out with mr soft, we went back to my mates gaff and his folks got freaked out as we were all eating coco pops for some reason and the spoons just looked fcuking huge like spades or something and his oul dear getting freaked out cos we wouldn't stop laughing. double dip strawberries always seemed to be on offer, have great memories of dropping them and dancing round the fields in ballybrack and granville listening to DLR fm, Sunset fm etc and bopping away to the tunes. The lawnmower man used to be a great film to watch on acid with all that 3D trippy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Got this tape aswell, if anyone is intrested, I will copy it onto the computer as a mp3,

rob.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

there is aload of double dip strawberries doing the rounds at the mo around here

anyone remember anniversarys?? i remember doing them one halloween and we thought we'd got ripped but needless to say after bout 2 hrs the giggles kicked in and it was like hanging out with mr soft, we went back to my mates gaff and his folks got freaked out as we were all eating coco pops for some reason and the spoons just looked fcuking huge like spades or something and his oul dear getting freaked out cos we wouldn't stop laughing. double dip strawberries always seemed to be on offer, have great memories of dropping them and dancing round the fields in ballybrack and granville listening to DLR fm, Sunset fm etc and bopping away to the tunes. The lawnmower man used to be a great film to watch on acid with all that 3D trippy stuff.

Not jumpin on your Halloween badwagon Johnny but you just reminded me of a particular night. Halloween and acid is a bad memory for me. There was a mini riot in Kilnamanagh when about 5 Garda cars pulled up to a group of about 20 people around a bombfire, my mates and some from Tymon. Someone broke the back window of a Garda car, well you can imagine what happened next. They just grabbed anyone they could and bet the crap out of them.
    One poor fella got it bad batons and all. I shouted over 'Leave it out'.
    With that they turned on my like a pack of dogs, 2 or 3 of them, well they caught me running from them and smashed my head in with a baton:eek: and plenty of kicks and punches from our valiant law enforcers too. I was tripping out of my nut at the time. Blood pouring from my head for ages and the side of my head swelled up for days! Off my head getting cleaned up and the auld pair firing the questions at me. Thing is you wouldn't even bother complaining in the Garda station, you'd be laughed at.
    Ah well there were plenty of other mad Halloweens over the years, ones which I could enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

bmooney wrote: »
    there is aload of double dip strawberries doing the rounds at the mo around here

was here.

not too sure i could ever handle 1 of them again.would like to try but had 1 r 2 bad trips on them so the fear is always there it might happen again.thinking your going to go insane and never ever come back down off your bad trip.funny really now looking back.

any mushrooms to be got these days.

remember 1 r 2 nites b4 heading into the asylum meself and m8 used to drop our dd strawberries and listen to pink floyd the wall.

remember this 1 particuar nite listening to the wall on his ma's stero in her bedroom,was the only decent stero in the house.folks were out obviously.anyways sitting there on a pile on cloths leaning against his ma's chest of draws when i looked to my left and there's this big black hole,and i'm thinking insanity.if i fall into this hole thats insanity and i'm not coming back.but i manage to hang on and not get seduced by the dark side.still the trip was kicking in hard now and starting to feel a little paranioed.

so the wall is still playing but were getting ready to head off,so i stand up and begin to head for the door when next thing i hear get out and something pushes me and i'm on the ground in the landing on the floor thinking that the judge from the movie the wall has pushed me and told me to get out.so i stand up and look behind and i'm just about getting me bearings back when i'm thinking it must have been 1 of the boys that pushed me,but they were too far away really to have pushed me.

goes to show you how the oul mind can play tricks with youe head.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Going around where? Been trying to get them feckers for years again, would love a revisit! :)

No way, I thought they were rare as hens teeth and never to be seen again.

No way, I thought they were rare as hens teeth and never to be seen again.

na there was sum going around drimnagh last week and another board member who i wont names rang me and told me there was aload up his way 2 dont no what price they was going 4

Acid still big in lots of other countries, just the usual dregs of shi*te though here in every respect. Still very popular in parts of the US from what I hear.

• Advertisement

got yolks years ago i think they was called christmas crackers dont no what was in them was told later on that there was a microdot in them i lost the plot that nite bigtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

I remember those christmas crackers alright, think it was around 94, we did them one stephens day in me mates gaff, were planning to go into sides but were too mad out of it to get moving, never realised there was a dot in them.:eek:

Remember those crackers alright, mad scaggy things... don't think there was a micro dot in them though! They were like some of the more speckled doves from what I can remember... the ones that were more brown than white and more crumbly than hard :D

Remember Super Doves :eek: Big deep doves that were perfect in shape and totally white, kinda of a glaze on them... they were the very best I reckon and I was only fortunate enough a few times to get my hands on them... blew the head off me the first time I did them, and took ages to come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

i was at The Prodigy NYE 1994 i think it was and then legged it over to Sides were i bought 2 of those Xmas crackers mother of jaysus:eek: absolutely mad out of it tripping like a mother fu***r,ended up skagged in the jacks,bouncers dragged me out,sat me down,gave me some water and told me to either dance or get thrown out..madness eh,some nite :pac:

jonny68 wrote: »
    ended up skagged in the jacks,bouncers dragged me out,sat me down,gave me some water and told me to either dance or get thrown out..madness eh,some nite :pac:

The bouncers were sound like that LOL, kick you out for colapsing, kick you out for dying and kick you out for not dancing..

There was a couple of real sound bouncers up in the Olympic, does anyone remember big Franky? He was from around Crumlin. And there was another lad how was there towards the end, Dave maybe (everyone was Dave). The first night he was working myself and one of the lads were up on the balcony with a bottle of olbis oil, Dave went mad with us and tried to drag us out, we just fell arounfd the place laughing at him. from then on we had great craic with him. He ended up in the Ormond after the Olympic closed and he'd let me in for free and bring a bag of Scumpy Jack in for afterwords - cider was lovely on the way down/home.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

**** i should not have mentioned the acid a few pages ago,this thread is going into a acid frenzy :D
    does anyone remember bunking into the olympic around the side door? the bouncer use to take a dropsy and you where in:) and allso the best ever e`s i took back then where in the olympic around 91 i think? just called mdma in a red and white capsule,best ever e experience by a mile.mates of mine still rave about them to this day!

btw , im looking for a tune/mpe, hope someone here might help? its -

beat foundation - save me / http://www.discogs.com/release/11426
    its the 1995 mix!

thx

paddy

the best ever e`s i took back then where in the olympic around 91 i think? just called mdma in a red and white capsule,best ever e experience by a mile.mates of mine still rave about them to this day!

The best ons I ever took were the white doves in the Olympic around '92, they were my first and I think you'll always chase the first buzz anyway.

I remember taking my first dove as I turned the corner to the Olympic, got in line, paid in, walked along the right hand side of the dance floor under the balcony heading towards the girls jacks and then just as I put my right foot onto the dance floor it was like I just exploded, it was rush after rush the whole night, I couldn't leave the dance floor wow wow wow, just thinking about it now. i met so many sound people that night, everyone was so friendly it was amazing......I never had a night as good as that again.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

The best ons I ever took were the white doves in the Olympic around '92, they were my first and I think you'll always chase the first buzz anyway.

I remember taking my first dove as I turned the corner to the Olympic, got in line, paid in, walked along the right hand side of the dance floor under the balcony heading towards the girls jacks and then just as I put my right foot onto the dance floor it was like I just exploded, it was rush after rush the whole night, I couldn't leave the dance floor wow wow wow, just thinking about it now. i met so many sound people that night, everyone was so friendly it was amazing......I never had a night as good as that again.

Cheers,
    Mick

ahh the aul reliable doves where very good around 91/91! i think everybody where very weary about capsules because you never new what was in them!
    but there is another capsule that i took many time in the asylum called rhubarb and custard! now they where good but did not last long but when thay kicked in it was wow!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Remember those crackers alright, mad scaggy things... don't think there was a micro dot in them though! They were like some of the more speckled doves from what I can remember... the ones that were more brown than white and more crumbly than hard :D

Remember Super Doves :eek: Big deep doves that were perfect in shape and totally white, kinda of a glaze on them... they were the very best I reckon and I was only fortunate enough a few times to get my hands on them... blew the head off me the first time I did them, and took ages to come up.

Yeah those christmas crackers were also called Double barreled doves from what I remember about double the thickness of a normal dove with brown specks in them!

when you say glaze do you mean kinda shinny like the coating on an aspirin?

• Advertisement

ahh the aul reliable doves where very good around 91/91! i think everybody where very weary about capsules because you never new what was in them!
    but there is another capsule that i took many time in the asylum called rhubarb and custard! now they where good but did not last long but when thay kicked in it was wow!:D

Ah the auld capsules. First time was New Years Eve 92/93 and they were Rhubard and Custards in the Olympic at £25 a pop and, would have been my second time in there and I brought one of my mates in with me for his first time. We opened it up and split the dust at the mineral bar at the back of the hall. I can't remember the exact buzz but I do remember having a brilliant night:D
    Heres the one and only tune I remember from that night.

SL2 - Way In My Brain. Probably wouldn't stand out as an Olympic classic to many but it was played a bit and it is a savage track!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2rxdzdxylxm

Seond capsule I done was a Dam Buster and this was deffinetely one of the best ones I ever done. Done it in the Olympic and was still full on later that night in the Asylum. I clearly remember that night all the lighs being red on the main dance floor. The red lazers over the DJ box and the lights in the corners were red too, made for a deadly
    atmosphere:)

Third and last one was another Dam Buster, althought I couldn't bust my way out of a Killarney Garda cell cause thats were I ended up on the way to see the Prodigy in Killarney's Gleneagles Hotel. On the way to the gig plain clothes detectives surrounded as from all sides:mad::mad::mad:. I got caught with my personals and a bag of goodies was found beside me on the ground, not mine. I talked some sh1te in that station, wouldn't post it here cause I wouldn't be believed. Got in for the last half hour still off my head on Dam Busters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement