Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yay, congrats, Mia what a lovely name!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

congrats glad its all over but this is where the fun begins

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pic as promised.

Mia was born face up which apparently usually leads to either a section or forceps.

Her face is really badly bruised in the pictures and will take a week to 10 days to go down.

img031.jpg

img030.jpg

img027.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Stargazer baby, my first was the same, he had some brusing and forcepts lines on his cheeks but it does heal.

It takes you 9 or so months to make them and the Dr dings them taking them out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Aww, the poor little thing *snif* but sure in a week or two that'll all be forgotten about. Congratulations.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer, She is still just adorable!! How is mum doing?

How is your mrs doing now ninja? Poor thing was through an awful lot! Abby is quite the cutie!!:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My wifes doing great despite the fact that the epidural didnt work.She went from 1cm to 10cm in 4 hours and from 4cm to 10cm in the space of 30 minutes.
    She did find it very hard with no pain relief.

Yikes that is the second epi that I have heard of recently that didn't take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

great hellrazer thats good.congradulations on your new arrival,she looks like you!:D Are you going to name her after me(only joking)lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Quality wrote: »
    How is your mrs doing now ninja? Poor thing was through an awful lot!

Getting better, but slowly. If she does a lot (but still less than she was able to do when heavily pregnant) one day she is wrecked the next day. Nana is helping out a lot.
    Abby is quite the cutie!!:)

She looks less cute covered in puke at 4am, I can assure you :eek:

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 NiamhEile

Hello all, just wanted to join the thread. I am having twins! A boy and a girl, and they are due 4th of May but I will be having them next Tuesday on the 22nd April (at 38 weeks) via c-section, as twin1, the boy, is breech. I am nervous and knackered and completely stressed. Trying to finish all the work I need to hand in for my degree before next Tuesday! This pregnancy was entirely accidental but we are just about almost getting our heads around having the babies! And I am 37.5 weeks! Anyway, just wanted to join in, and to agree with all you women talking about how uncomfortable and over-rated pregnancy is!!! After having gone through these 37 weeks so far, I cannot understand why anyone would ever go through this a second time (let alone a third fourth fifth.. etc!) by choice!!! My gran had ten kids, I cannot understand how she coped...

NiamhEile wrote: »
    Hello all, just wanted to join the thread. I am having twins! A boy and a girl, and they are due 4th of May but I will be having them next Tuesday on the 22nd April (at 38 weeks) via c-section, as twin1, the boy, is breech. I am nervous and knackered and completely stressed. Trying to finish all the work I need to hand in for my degree before next Tuesday! This pregnancy was entirely accidental but we are just about almost getting our heads around having the babies! And I am 37.5 weeks! Anyway, just wanted to join in, and to agree with all you women talking about how uncomfortable and over-rated pregnancy is!!! After having gone through these 37 weeks so far, I cannot understand why anyone would ever go through this a second time (let alone a third fourth fifth.. etc!) by choice!!! My gran had ten kids, I cannot understand how she coped...

Congrats Niamh,

I take it your havin a boy and a girl? How are you managing emotionally never mind physically...

On another note..
    There seems to be a high percentage rate of twin pregnancy on Boards, I will be making sure my doc has an extra good look on my next scan!! It would be just my luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mum2b

Hi all, first time on this site, hope this works !
    Second pregnancy - 13 weeks....
    Would be interested in the 3D Scanning - BUT Dublin is so far away from South Kerry!!!
    Anyone know of a clinic in the Munster area ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Congrats to you all.I myself had baby no3 7 weeks a go and hes gorgous my youngest was 11 and i thought id never cope,but hes very good sleeps most of the night and is very pleasant.So i thought to myself i should have had him years ago .So good luck all of you i hope everything goes well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

mum2b wrote: »
    Anyone know of a clinic in the Munster area ???

http://www.babyscan.ie/index.php

They are in Ballincollig in Cork, very friendly women in there. We're booekd in for this Sat, can't wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mum2b

Thanks for that, I've just been told another clinic in Cork city, Pensose Wharf. Would you mind posting after your 3d scan to let me know how you found it ??? Would really appreciate it, thanks a mill
    Oh by the way, how many week are you ?

12 weeks tomorrow, Its a huge relief to get this far..:D

3 weeks to go to hospital visit and scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

im not pregnant, the wife is

i made the sig below and to demonstrate it to the wife i made a thread in the test forum called test and "Mr Magnolia" replied congratulations

not sure why he was reading the "test" thread in the "test" forum, but it was nice to read the reply

anyway 3rd ultra sound scan is on monday, the first was the best as you could see the whole baby, nowadays you can only see about half the head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

mukki wrote: »
    im not pregnant, the wife is

i made the sig below and to demonstrate it to the wife i made a thread in the test forum called test and "Mr Magnolia" replied congratulations

not sure why he was reading the "test" thread in the "test" forum, but it was nice to read the reply

anyway 3rd ultra sound scan is on monday, the first was the best as you could see the whole baby, nowadays you can only see about half the head

I've seen this signature in several threads, and I was wondering what it was about. Congratulations to you and yours - hope everything goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Heres my little darling born 21st Feb this year.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg316/tinofapples/Caoimhe/HPIM3164.jpg

And here she is with her cousin a few weeks ago :

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg316/tinofapples/Caoimhe/HPIM3077.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Very cute, tinofapples!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

Ah shes lovely, congrats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Time for me to join the club ladies. 8 weeks pregnant!

Congratulations.

Time for me to join the club ladies. 8 weeks pregnant!

Congrats Mrs, Hope your keeping well... A christmas baby??

Quality wrote: »
    Congrats Mrs, Hope your keeping well... A christmas baby??

:) Doing good, just tired and sick... like all the time! Due Dec 12th. So hoping to have the baby before xmas! Have my first scan 29th May, day before my birthday! Which hospital are you going to Quality?

OMG My hormones are out of control at the moment, I had a fight with the girl at the check out in the supermarket today. Which ended up with me not getting my shopping!!

She accused me of opening a bag of apples to take one out for my son. (There was a pile of loose apples.) And then said she was going to charge me for the full bag.

It was too much for an emotional quality. I told her to "Keep your apples" And stormed out of the shop...

Friggin hormones!!:eek:

Quality to be honest I would have done the same!!

Was feeling really sick this morning so didn't go to work... ended up feeling sorrry for myself and crying my eyes out in the boyfriends arms!

Quality to be honest I would have done the same!!

Was feeling really sick this morning so didn't go to work... ended up feeling sorrry for myself and crying my eyes out in the boyfriends arms!

Thats nice you have someone to cry to. Thankfully you only have a few more weeks of sickness left. Hopefully less.

Its a tough time on a woman.... Not just the physical changes but the emotional ones. The emotional can be worse. On my last pregnancy I used to be sitting in work crying. The consultant wanted me to see a psychiatrist. I was crying for no reason at all. Just uncontrolable tears.

Embarrasing to think of now, But just so you know it is normal to have bad days. Try not to bottle it up....

• Advertisement

Hopefully!

Had a horrible horrible nightmare last night... Had gone to bed at 11.00 and fell asleep. The nightmare was that the baby was born and was dead and everyone was giving out to me and blaming me saying it was all my fault.

I woke up sobbing, couldn't control myself and had to go in and wake my boyfriend up (he fell asleep on the sofa). He didn't know what was happening, took me nearly an hour to stop crying and even then I couldn't settle for the night. Hardly slept at all...

I was horribly nauseous this morning though, so I hope thats a good sign!

Advertisement