Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jay&silentbob

I have e-mailed the gunnerairsoft people and asked for a refund.No reply and no refund.Have i been done a dodgy deal or wt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ok, I whinged about ehobby charging me extra, even after they told me that it was going to be another price.

the otherside is - the package left Hong Kong onthe 26th and I was handed it at my door this morning 28th.:eek:

They also included a free SCAR bipod grip because of the price error (unnecassary but appreciated).

The -1 which I gave them just turned into +2. Amazing.

jeez that was decent of them., teach you, being a grumpy aul fella in future, they should ask for it back.,:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

vtec wrote: »
    jeez that was decent of them., teach you, being a grumpy aul fella in future, they should ask for it back.,:p:D

:D
    Hey, it's ma job - that's what grumpy ould lads do:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got a package from America in total including shipping it was worth $82 or €55. I was charged €32 customs duty, I've contacted UPS about it and they say it's correct. I thought the charges where supposed to be around 30% not well over 50%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

ScumLord wrote: »
    I got a package from America in total including shipping it was worth $82 or €55. I was charged €32 customs duty, I've contacted UPS about it and they say it's correct. I thought the charges where supposed to be around 30% not well over 50%.

UPS add a nice little charge for "administration" on top of the VAT and duty the government nabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Shiva wrote: »
    UPS add a nice little charge for "administration" on top of the VAT and duty the government nabs.
    Damned UPS! I payed extra for the quick shipping and everything, then they go taking more money off me..

€87 for a sling and pouch. There good quality ww2 replicas of actual Thompson SMG gear though The sling looks class on the gun.

Can't really fault the company I bought off, ima-usa.com I had the package in one week exactly despite customs holding it and missing the delivery guy on the day it was supposed to arrive.

Quality off gear is excellent, and the sling gave me hours of entertainment trying to figure out how the damn thing works. It's not that I'm stupid the sling is like a puzzle. It looks very rugged and I've no doubt it will stand the test of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

ive got some advice.:mad:

order on a monday or tuesday,:mad:

definately dont wait til after wednesday:mad:

or you'll be waiting til monday to get that aeg.:mad:

cause anpost dont deliver on a F***ING SATURDAY:mad:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

but if you wait for the following monday or tuesday its gonna take longer anyway.,;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭legofsalmon07

I am thinking of buying from www.redwolfairsoft.com
    if you have ordered from them before what were they like
    Exp.stoped by customs,vat,slow shiping,dear delivery.Etc
    Thanks
    Leg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

As far as I've heard, they are one of the best, but that's just hearsay, havn't had any experience with them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Very Fast and excellent customer service.
    They downgraded a product I bought from them and sent a letter
    of declaration with my invoice for customs to say its was under 1j.

I had a faulty valve for the gas mag I bought and also was missing a scope
    from the rifle I bought and they replaced/resent very quickly.

The product I bought was the first and Only item that
    has ever been stopped by customs for me.
    And I have been buying online since the early 90's

The only negative thing I have to say is that when I ordered
    via Paypal with them a few days Later AIB's security dept for VISA
    got spooked and canceled my card thinking there was a security breech
    even thought I told them everything was OK. They said Visa contacted
    them with a list of CC numbers that "may" have been compromised.
    Not red wolfs fault at all but something to be aware of when ordering
    from companys from China.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've used them several times. I find them excellent and their prices are usually pretty damn good too. I've been hit for customs every single time with them but in fairness, every time I ordered from them, it was a big and/or expensive package, so I was expecting it. Delivery has always been about a week with them regardless of size, and their shipping rates are good.
    If you have any questions for them, they're very quick on replies and there's little to no "Engrish" to have to wade through.

If you found something there you like, I'd recommend them for the order. The last thing I got from them was 2 Maruzen P99s, 3 extra magazines and a bunch of misc parts. Ordered on a Monday, was using them by Friday.

Thanks alot lads appricate it
    would you be able to give a rough estimite on customs on 1 rifle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Depends on the overall price including shipping.
    customs fees had to be paid at my front door before the delivery

Here is a breakdown of what I bought and got charged when I
    bought a Star AW338:

Total this cost 748 Euros.
    Out of which:
    120 Euros was postage
    143 Euros was Customs Fees and Vat.

There is NO WAY I'd pay that much for a standard rifle but
    this was a very very special order for me.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Roughly 26% of the total cost including shipping in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

dddd ..but that

thats the...

you order it the ....urrrgh

nevermind:(

oh lord why must you mock me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Blackthorn1011

If you want to know the breakdown of the customs duty and VAT here's a link,

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leaflets/pn1179.htm

I think its all there, i only took a glance at it.

Enjoy!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Got over 2000 loyalty points with them at this stage. Very fast turn around time. If you are not ordering anything needed upgrade, normally within a week, but if it's upgrade, 5 to 10 days like they said on the website. Most recent item was a KSC G19, upgraded with metal slide and to 300fps. Ordered it on the 24th Feb, got it yesterday (and damn, it's good!!). However not the cheapest, but price is fair and their customer service is very good. I normally hit them with a number of questions before I purchase anything and they are always very helpful. In regards to customs, sometime I am hit with the charges, sometime not. The only problem I have is that alot of the items I wanted are not in stock. Then again, I DO want alot of the stuff they have on their website.

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    Got over 2000 loyalty points with them at this stage. Very fast turn around time. If you are not ordering anything needed upgrade, normally within a week, but if it's upgrade, 5 to 10 days like they said on the website. Most recent item was a KSC G19, upgraded with metal slide and to 300fps. Ordered it on the 24th Feb, got it yesterday (and damn, it's good!!). However not the cheapest, but price is fair and their customer service is very good. I normally hit them with a number of questions before I purchase anything and they are always very helpful. In regards to customs, sometime I am hit with the charges, sometime not. The only problem I have is that alot of the items I wanted are not in stock. Then again, I DO want alot of the stuff they have on their website.
    Sounds like a nice pistol wer you charged customs or vat on that if so how much.
    Thanks
    Leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

What wold one need to put a bipod on a vsr?
    And do they have weaver rails on them or do you need to buy them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

[Sounds like a nice pistol wer you charged customs or vat on that if so how much.
    Thanks
    Leg ]

Actually, I got a pair of them. Mate of mine was also looking for a sidearm. The whole order was two G19 (both with metal slide and barrel upgrade), Guarder G-C4 Polycarbonate Eye Protection Glasses, Milspex Uniform (Marpat, L), Tokyo Marui Rechargeable Two Way Professional Pro-Light and 4 x KSC 20rd Magazine for G19. Funny thing is, no custom charge this time. But I remember I was hit with charges when I got the TM AEP USP and two mags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gaelic Ghost

anyone ever get hit by import charges when buying from rsov using tnt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

anyone ever get hit by import charges when buying from rsov using tnt?

I'd imagine that if you use either UPS or TNT - pretty much expect to be hit, and include their "processing" charges on top.

i am getting something from uncompany and i saw how many chocies for delivery i was wondering whats the best
    Delivery options:
    1.any worldwide express
    2.ups express
    3.tnt express
    4.speedpost(ems)
    5.fedex
    6.airmail
    7.ground mail

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

i am getting something from uncompany and i saw how many chocies for delivery i was wondering whats the best
    Delivery options:
    1.any worldwide express
    2.ups express
    3.tnt express
    4.speedpost(ems)
    5.fedex
    6.airmail
    7.ground mail

id imagine any worldwide express would do the job.

i was debating to go with un company or wgc alot of people say that you are more than likely to get charged if you go american

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

speedpost (ems) or airmail.

Generally - with any courier company (DHL, Fedex, UPS), the applicable taxes etc. are automatically calculated from the parcel value and provenance (i.e. it's coming from outside EU = automatic tax/duty/VAT/"processing fees") with their global all-integrated system. In fact, don't be surprised if you get a bill for VAT/customs duties etc. before you get your delivery. Doesn't matter one bit that it's US or HK or Singapore or CN or wherever.

they sent me a qutation saying that they only sen aeg by express mail only so tnt the said is this through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yup EMS is what i always use, very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

kdouglas wrote: »
    no reason for them to seize it, is there a number you can ring to query why it was seized?

just talked to customs. said they seized the gas because they did not know what power (fps) of the gun that the gas is used for.

Advertisement