Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Footage is circulating widely on social media and been confirmed by some mainstream sources of a street party that took place in Fortlawn, Blanchardstown on one of the weekend evenings. Some comments suggest many arrests were made.

Personally I'd put them in Guantanamo style cages on the Bog of Allen for about six months, then think about a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Footage is circulating widely on social media and been confirmed by some mainstream sources of a street party that took place in Fortlawn, Blanchardstown on one of the weekend evenings. Some comments suggest many arrests were made.

Personally I'd put them in Guantanamo style cages on the Bog of Allen for about six months, then think about a trial.

Was walking the dogs on Mountview rd. past there around 8 on Saturday evening - Music was blaring and plenty on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Absolutely disgusting. Our management company put out a notice asking people to be mindful of the number of hospital staff and other frontline workers on shift hours and to try to limit noise so they can sleep. It seems to be having an impact. Amazing the difference people being considerate can make

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

A post from someone I know living in that estate

Hey everyone of Fortlawn Drive and those who donated this is the total we made for our front line staff of blanchardstown hospital as it was €1238 but we have taken €20 from it to cover for the gesture for the DJ and chocolates for our neighbour our very own frontline staff of blanchardstown hospital Thanks very much to everyone on the drive and all of those for donations Sinéad and Gemma are very thankful to everyone

2020-04-20-17-32-31-94199013-3074091705945436-510142286839939072-n-jpg-750-378.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It costs a grand a day to give someone a bed in hospital. The effects from having a party will make this a massive net loss for the hospital they’re ‘helping’ while also serving as a big eff you to the staff risking their lives. Never ceases to amaze me the stupidity and selfishness of some who can’t just go a few weeks without a sesh.

• Advertisement

Cash isn't any consolation if there's a new cluster of Covid 19 as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Well im sure they thought they where doing good, surely better than keelings?

If we all knew the answers and could do the right thing be great, a month I havent seen herself so yeah be nice if this was a easy fix

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

And the selfishness of people like this are costing you more time away from her. Add a few extra days for every party like this. We do know the answer and yes it’s incredibly simple: stay at home unless you’re going to the shop or exercising, don’t spend time with people who don’t live with you. The ‘for charideeee’ aspect is transparent as anything, they knew they’d get slack for this, knew it was wrong and thought they’d have a clever response ready. Except they’re not clever, everyone can see through it and they look like scummy fools.

I don't think that many people could be so collectively naive and stupid. The footage shows that physical distancing was the last thing on their minds, getting pissed and dancing like pigeons seemed to be a high priority.

That money should go to the Guards who had to arrest them for the danger it put them in and by extension their families.

I don't think that many people could be so collectively naive and stupid. The footage shows that physical distancing was the last thing on their minds, getting pissed and dancing like pigeons seemed to be a high priority.

That money should go to the Guards who had to arrest them for the danger it put them in and by extension their families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

jeffk wrote: »
    A post from someone I know living in that estate

Hey everyone of Fortlawn Drive and those who donated this is the total we made for our front line staff of blanchardstown hospital as it was €1238 but we have taken €20 from it to cover for the gesture for the DJ and chocolates for our neighbour our very own frontline staff of blanchardstown hospital Thanks very much to everyone on the drive and all of those for donations Sinéad and Gemma are very thankful to everyone

2020-04-20-17-32-31-94199013-3074091705945436-510142286839939072-n-jpg-750-378.png

Fundraiser my eye. If they want to donate money they can do it from inside their houses. 1238 euro will mean eff all to Connolly if another cluster starts because of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I can't see the bank making a draft out to Frontline Staff either, must think we are thick as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

jeffk wrote: »
    Well im sure they thought they where doing good, surely better than keelings?

If we all knew the answers and could do the right thing be great, a month I havent seen herself so yeah be nice if this was a easy fix

Nonsense. What good did they think they were doing staying up till all hours dancing in the street so close to one another. Idiots.

They wanted a party and had one. I would like a load of things like my kid seeing her grandparents and to go for a long walk in the park with my family. Also not seeing some people I know getting ill. I stay put and follow the rules as it is working.

We dont all know the answers but we have some clear evidence what we are doing is working. If people don't understand this then they are clearly just slow. Its not rocket science. I may seem harsh but there are people dying from this and the country is on lock down and people have lost jobs, businesses crumbling, health system somehow just about coping with it because of the sacrifices we are all making.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭horse7

horse7 wrote: »

That was reported on the news yesterday afternoon, think I had radio Nova on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i actually heard about that locally, mad stuff. sounded like they might have being trying to rob the mans car

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Similar to the guy in Balbriggan (I think) a few weeks ago who pulled over a car at 2am claiming to be a guard and demanding ID from them. Turns out he pulled over two of the local drugs squad in an unmarked car who arrested him on the spot. His car had all sorts of Garda and Fire Brigade badges and IDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Zaph wrote: »
    Similar to the guy in Balbriggan (I think)

Close, Baldoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Zaph wrote: »
    Similar to the guy in Balbriggan (I think) a few weeks ago who pulled over a car at 2am claiming to be a guard and demanding ID from them. Turns out he pulled over two of the local drugs squad in an unmarked car who arrested him on the spot. His car had all sorts of Garda and Fire Brigade badges and IDs.

Mental.
    It boggles the mind! Is he some sort of fantasist? Enjoys playing a guard and pulling people over?

With regards to the one in castleknock - I don't get it too :pac: if they're trying to steal that person's car then you'd understand. Scum of course. But there is dozens of ways to steal a car lol. I dunno, the first one being break in when no one is around.

If they were only looking to beat the guy up well then why pretend to be a guard? And why not do that when they pulled him over? Rather than bricking it when he asked for ID and only coming back when they saw him record.

Am I missing something? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭horse7

Was a guy about 30 years ago did similar stuff in blanchardstown ,he used to enjoy acting like a cop,he eventually was caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Was a guy about 30 years ago did similar stuff in blanchardstown ,he used to enjoy acting like a cop,he eventually was caught.

Bloody spacer :pac:
    The normal response for something like that is if he wants to be one he should become one. But if he's doing stuff like that in the first place no way would the guards touch him haha.

There's an interesting short documentary on YouTube about some guy in new York who steals trains. Yup you read that right.
    He jumps in them and makes all the stops to pick people up :pac: been arrested so many times.

Maybe the castleknock duo thought they be social justice warriors and question people why are they out in quarantine. Who knows :pac:

Bloody spacer :pac:
    The normal response for something like that is if he wants to be one he should become one. But if he's doing stuff like that in the first place no way would the guards touch him haha.

There's an interesting short documentary on YouTube about some guy in new York who steals trains. Yup you read that right.
    He jumps in them and makes all the stops to pick people up :pac: been arrested so many times.

Maybe the castleknock duo thought they be social justice warriors and question people why are they out in quarantine. Who knows :pac:

there are loads of youtube videos of spacers in the states who buy old cop cars and bikes and go around pretending to be the law. sure look at the blues brothers :)
    but then again, it is the states and what do they expect if they allow joe public to buy old cop cars!

Friend posted on FB about attempted break in in Hartstown last night. Alarm went off twice during night. Came down this morning and sitting room window was smashed.

Caranica wrote: »
    Friend posted on FB about attempted break in in Hartstown last night. Alarm went off twice during night. Came down this morning and sitting room window was smashed.

so what did they do when the alarm went off, roll over and just go back asleep?? :confused:

Seve OB wrote: »
    so what did they do when the alarm went off, roll over and just go back asleep?? :confused:

Went down turned it off, checked the place, reset alarm and went back to bed. Think whoever did it was counting on the alarm not being put back on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Has anyone been in Waterville Park the last couple of weeks?! Is fishing allowed in the pond there?! :/

raheny red wrote: »
    Has anyone been in Waterville Park the last couple of weeks?! Is fishing allowed in the pond there?! :/

Fishing isn't exercise so not allowed as a reason to be in the park at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

raheny red wrote: »

Fishing was never permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

My thinking exactly on both replies above. No exaggeration there were about 15 people fishing there yday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Gio2

Massive row in Waterville park just now between two groups of teens. So much for social distancing. Very frightening with so many kids families in the park.

Advertisement