Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Garyt82 wrote: »
    I found 25 way too high for those coils. 18-20 max

Working ok for me at 25 using Aspire Zelos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Afternoon/Evening All. My nautilus is reaching the end of its life currently, is there another mtl tank out there that is as good if not better?
    Have used nautilus 2 and didnt like it. So anything newish, thats decent would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Afternoon/Evening All. My nautilus is reaching the end of its life currently, is there another mtl tank out there that is as good if not better? Have used nautilus 2 and didnt like it. So anything newish, thats decent would be good.

Innokin Zenith is apparently good.

I posted somewhere that I ordered the new Kayfun Lite 2019. Well it arrived about a week ago and I've put it through a series of various builds and wicking techniques. It's the 22mm version I got, beautiful looking tank and has good flavour from nearly every build I put into it but unfortunately that's it.
    Very poor build quality,leaky 510 pin, grub screws are atrocious tight. For 80 yo yo I'd have expected a flawless atty.
    This is the second and last authentic Kayfun that I'll buy,first being the 5 which was marketed as a mtl but wasn't unfortunately, more off a restrictive DL type vape.
    There are much better mtl rta's available for a fraction of the price of a Kayfun and that's where I'll be staying from now on.
    Finally customer service from SvoeMesto on the issues I've mentioned has been disappointing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I posted somewhere that I ordered the new Kayfun Lite 2019. Well it arrived about a week ago and I've put it through a series of various builds and wicking techniques. It's the 22mm version I got, beautiful looking tank and has good flavour from nearly every build I put into it but unfortunately that's it.
    Very poor build quality,leaky 510 pin, grub screws are atrocious tight. For 80 yo yo I'd have expected a flawless atty.
    This is the second and last authentic Kayfun that I'll buy,first being the 5 which was marketed as a mtl but wasn't unfortunately, more off a restrictive DL type vape.
    There are much better mtl rta's available for a fraction of the price of a Kayfun and that's where I'll be staying from now on.
    Finally customer service from SvoeMesto on the issues I've mentioned has been disappointing so far.

I'm interested by this but find it hard justifying the price. With your feedback I'll definitely leave it. I've never tried any svoemesto atties but the impression I've always had is that they are like Grey Goose vodka, basically charge more to create the image of better quality. It's telling too that so many $20-$30 MTL atty reviews include a comment about how it just as good as kayfun for a fraction of the price

• Advertisement

I'm interested by this but find it hard justifying the price. With your feedback I'll definitely leave it. I've never tried any svoemesto atties but the impression I've always had is that they are like Grey Goose vodka, basically charge more to create the image of better quality. It's telling too that so many $20-$30 MTL atty reviews include a comment about how it just as good as kayfun for a fraction of the price

Ordinarily I wouldn't spend the colour of 80 on an atty but since returning to primarily mtl I decided to give it a shot,I also understood that this particular atty had undergone rigorous testing before release.... someone missed something somewhere along that test route... I have a 10 euro DVARW clone that gives as good a flavour as the Kayfun,is easier to build and wick and doesn't spew juice out it's ass.
    The Galaxies rta or rdta,the Hastur mini,the Savour, you could probably buy all four for the price of the Kayfun and each of them outperforms it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Get yourself a YFTK KF Prime clone for €15. Great mtl tank.

My top mtl tanks.

1. Original Berserker mtl.
    2. Dvarw mtl.
    3. Kayfun Prime.
    4. Doggy tank.
    5. Pico rta.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Get yourself a YFTK KF Prime clone for €15. Great mtl tank.

My top mtl tanks.

1. Original Berserker mtl.
    2. Dvarw mtl.
    3. Kayfun Prime.
    4. Doggy tank.
    5. Pico rta.

Completely agree on the berserker, still not beaten. I'd add the ehpro true MTL to this list. It's not even 20 new.

Bill thanks for this feedback. I'll stay away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

conjon wrote: »
    Completely agree on the berserker, still not beaten. I'd add the ehpro true MTL to this list. It's not even 20 new.

Great capacity too on the berserker. If you bottom fill it with the bubble glass it holds about 7ml, maybe more and its really easy on juice.

I'll have to check out the Ehpro.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rubberella

Hi. First trip abroad after taking up vaping (oh how easy it was when I smoked). Mod and batteries in the hold. Check! No problem. Short a couple batteries but I'll manage. Juice? Check! Tried my new 100ml Anarchist Purple. Now I know what people mean about all day vape. This stuff is flying out of my mouth and both nostrils at an alarming rate. Yummy. Unfortunately I have made a big mistake. Rushed to the airport without taking an extra coil. Current coil half used but was hoping it would last. First time on the mesh version of the Cleito120 and enjoying the taste so much. But my luck could not last. Ignored a harsh hit to my peril and just got THE MOST vicious dry hit. Well F*CK ME! My ghroat has been destroyed. Another lesson learned the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

Am I the only one who gets not very good flavour or vape from mesh coils? Have the falcon resin and uforce t2, and tried multiple different mesh coils with both and nothing at all appeals to me? Am I doing something wrong!? I got the falcon because I was getting lazy with building, but I get far more flavour and better vape from even a vandy vape revolver than this tank.. Did I just buy hype!?

https://vapewild.ie

Vapewild now have an Irish based presence.
    It could be a bit glitchy as it's still in Beta test mode.

flas wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets not very good flavour or vape from mesh coils? Have the falcon resin and uforce t2, and tried multiple different mesh coils with both and nothing at all appeals to me? Am I doing something wrong!? I got the falcon because I was getting lazy with building, but I get far more flavour and better vape from even a vandy vape revolver than this tank.. Did I just buy hype!?

I've only tried 1 mesh coil and like yourself it didn't really do anything special,yes there is a lot of hype over mesh and I'm sure it's excellent but like everything vape related it's subjective to the person using it.
    For an outstanding flavour producing rta it's hard to find anything that beats the OFRF Gear. Only downside to it is the small capacity but if it was any bigger then you wouldn't have the same flavour production.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Rubberella wrote: »
    Hi. First trip abroad after taking up vaping (oh how easy it was when I smoked). Mod and batteries in the hold. Check! No problem. Short a couple batteries but I'll manage. Juice? Check! Tried my new 100ml Anarchist Purple. Now I know what people mean about all day vape. This stuff is flying out of my mouth and both nostrils at an alarming rate. Yummy. Unfortunately I have made a big mistake. Rushed to the airport without taking an extra coil. Current coil half used but was hoping it would last. First time on the mesh version of the Cleito120 and enjoying the taste so much. But my luck could not last. Ignored a harsh hit to my peril and just got THE MOST vicious dry hit. Well F*CK ME! My ghroat has been destroyed. Another lesson learned the hard way.

Just opened a bottle of this myself, absolutely gorgeous stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

I've only tried 1 mesh coil and like yourself it didn't really do anything special,yes there is a lot of hype over mesh and I'm sure it's excellent but like everything vape related it's subjective to the person using it.
    For an outstanding flavour producing rta it's hard to find anything that beats the OFRF Gear. Only downside to it is the small capacity but if it was any bigger then you wouldn't have the same flavour production.

Yeah have been on the look out for one of these myself, I don't mind the small capacity, always have bottle of juice with me anyway... It looks perfect as well

flas wrote:
    Yeah have been on the look out for one of these myself, I don't mind the small capacity, always have bottle of juice with me anyway... It looks perfect as well

Good deal on Cigabuy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’m using an Innokin Coolfire IV TC100 with an isub tank and Kanthal BVC coil. The flavour is very poor, has anyone got any suggestions on the best coil to use with it?
    I’ve resorted to sticking my Smok tank on it and I kind of wanted to move away from that.

https://vapewild.ie

Vapewild now have an Irish based presence.
    It could be a bit glitchy as it's still in Beta test mode.

Could be a dumb question but a while back I ordered a load of juices off Vapewild at 80/20 and 65/35 and find they all burn the coil within a few drags. Using the Innokin EZWATT with T20s coils. 0.8 ohms at 16/18 watts.
    It's fine for the 1 quid juices, the ones in the pop-up shop next to Tesco, the ones in petrol stations etc., it's just the VapeWild ones that do it.
    Any ideas why?

Could be a dumb question but a while back I ordered a load of juices off Vapewild at 80/20 and 65/35 and find they all burn the coil within a few drags. Using the Innokin EZWATT with T20s coils. 0.8 ohms at 16/18 watts. It's fine for the 1 quid juices, the ones in the pop-up shop next to Tesco, the ones in petrol stations etc., it's just the VapeWild ones that do it. Any ideas why?

No such thing as a dumb question,I think their juice is 80VG and 65 VG so I'd imagine your atty is having problems wicking that thick a juice. What you buy in Tesco and petrol stations is predominantly PG based,much thinner and wicks easier in your atty meaning the cotton won't become dry and burn. If you use that type of atomiser then try to get juice that's mixed 50/50, that should reduce the risk of burning.

No such thing as a dumb question,I think their juice is 80VG and 65 VG so I'd imagine your atty is having problems wicking that thick a juice. What you buy in Tesco and petrol stations is predominantly PG based,much thinner and wicks easier in your atty meaning the cotton won't become dry and burn. If you use that type of atomiser then try to get juice that's mixed 50/50, that should reduce the risk of burning.

Thought it must be that, couldn't be the sweeteners if everyone else is happy with them. :P I was under the impression the other juices I was using were 50/50 so thought the 65-35 wouldn't be too big of a jump.
    Now to decide if it's worth buying a new set-up to use up 30-odd juices :P

• Advertisement

Thought it must be that, couldn't be the sweeteners if everyone else is happy with them. I was under the impression the other juices I was using were 50/50 so thought the 65-35 wouldn't be too big of a jump. Now to decide if it's worth buying a new set-up to use up 30-odd juices

There are a few very good mtl tanks taking stock coils that are reasonable at the moment, Innokin Zenith, Aspire Nautilus 2. For higher VG juices you might be better with an rta, the Ehpro True, Galaxies or a clone of the higher end tanks such as the Kayfun Prime or DVARW, those 2 in particular are excellent and are available from Fastech.

Yeah I really didn't want to go down the rebuilding route, vaping is a way for me to not smoke, I don't need more hobbies. :P

For anyone that wants a different choice of juice https://www.vapeorb.com
    Based in Malaysia, excellent quality and service. Prices and delivery are very competitive.
    Highly recommend these 2 that I've tried so far.
    https://www.vapeorb.com/products/caramel-green-tea
    https://www.vapeorb.com/products/de-la-cream-series-butterscotch-ryl

Any chance of getting stung for import duties?

Any chance of getting stung for import duties?

It's always a possibility unfortunately when ordering outside the EU but small orders are probably safer in case of a disaster. I haven't been stung......yet!!!

Hopefully one last question :P I'm going to dilute the high VG juices I got. I'm more or less happy enough doing it with the £1 menthol juices but is there anywhere handy to get PG in something like 60ml bottles? Would rather just mix as I go rather than in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

anyone have one of these in hand,

any pros or cons?

Thanks

https://vapewild.ie/vaporesso-swag-80w-vape-mod/

dball wrote:
    any pros or cons?

Haven't used one but any of the mtl groups that I'm in recommend it highly. That and the Pico would be very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

For anyone that wants a different choice of juice https://www.vapeorb.com
    Based in Malaysia, excellent quality and service. Prices and delivery are very competitive.
    Highly recommend these 2 that I've tried so far.
    https://www.vapeorb.com/products/caramel-green-tea
    https://www.vapeorb.com/products/de-la-cream-series-butterscotch-ryl

Hey Doc. Great find. Who do you use for delivery and what are shipping times like ?

• Advertisement

Shinobollo wrote:
    Hey Doc. Great find. Who do you use for delivery and what are shipping times like ?

Shipping can vary from 7 to 15 days. Standard post working for me so far.

Advertisement