Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DIT Campus - Grangegorman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

nowecant wrote: »
    Oh I understand the legal delays were not the GGDA fault.

But why have many of the other parts of the scheme not advanced? Or if they have, why do they not highlight them?

Ok the new HSE Primary Care facility and the Educate Together school are open/progressing but they are not strictly part of 'DIT Grangegorman'

I would like to see the status of:

-Broadstone Gate
    -Any of the student Student Accommodation (2000 beds?)
    -West Quad
    -Library
    -Engineering Quad
    -Built Environment Quad
    -Park House (whatever they plan to do with it)

None of these need be delayed by the issues they had with the Central and Eastern Quads and the legal troubles

Instead its just a constant feed of art workshops and exhibitions

Admin staff based in Rathmines Road have started to move into the 5th floor of Park House as of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭nowecant

"Three DIT colleges to go on sale as they begin next phase of Grangegorman move"

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dit-14623407
    DIT will put three of its colleges on sale this year as it makes way for the development of its new campus in Grangegorman.

Colleges on Cathal Brugha St, Kevin St, and in Rahtmines will all be put on the market over the next few months while a smaller property on Sackville Street will also be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Admin staff based in Rathmines Road have started to move into the 5th floor of Park House as of this week.

So GGDA owns Park house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Would any of you be able to tell me the gate opening times? I'm trying out different ways to commute as I've started a new job. This morning I said I'd walk through the campus to the Dublin Bikes station on Grangegorman Road but of course the Prussia St gate and the Fingal place gate were closed. There doesn't seem to be any info on line and I asked a girl in the café in the Park shopping centre and she didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

DIT website says this:

TERM TIME:
    Campus Grounds M-F 08.00 - 22.00 SA 08.00-17.00 SU 10.00 -16.00

SUMMER:
    Campus Grounds M-F 08.00 - 18.00 SA 09.00 - 17.00 SU 09.00 - 17.00

MJohnston wrote: »
    DIT website says this:

TERM TIME:
    Campus Grounds M-F 08.00 - 22.00 SA 08.00-17.00 SU 10.00 -16.00

SUMMER:
    Campus Grounds M-F 08.00 - 18.00 SA 09.00 - 17.00 SU 09.00 - 17.00

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately the hours of the gates seem to vary somewhat from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

cgcsb wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. Unfortunately the hours of the gates seem to vary somewhat from above.
    Call 01 402 3000 and ask to speak to the porters at Grangegorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

cgcsb wrote: »
    Here are the summer hours.

http://www.dit.ie/estatesoffice/openinghoursbuilding/#Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

The temporary pedestrian link from the Campus through to Broadstone should be opening soon this should be interesting for cutting some cycling commuting times down .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

trellheim wrote: »
    The temporary pedestrian link from the Campus through to Broadstone should be opening soon this should be interesting for cutting some cycling commuting times down .

I don't know anything about the link, but if it is a pedestrian link, then why is cycling allowed?

blanch152 wrote: »
    I don't know anything about the link, but if it is a pedestrian link, then why is cycling allowed?

Why not? It's a wide enough space for both.

Whats being developed on site beside broadstone LUAS stop? A plaza I think was in original plans?

Zipppy wrote: »
    Whats being developed on site beside broadstone LUAS stop? A plaza I think was in original plans?

This was the original plan

You can also get a better overview in this video at about 1:50

No idea if the plan has been changed or updated

trellheim wrote: »

Have you got a date or a source for this? It would be great when it finally happens but I have given up waiting. I kinda figured they would finish the major building work at the East Quad before there was a chance of this happening.

Construction of both the East and Central quads seems to be going at a good pace in fairness

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

blanch152 wrote: »

It’s not a “pedestrian link”, the planning permission shows it as a pedestrian and cycling link, not one or the other.

Sadly the view of the people planning the project is that shared paths / areas is the way to go but there’s ample space for segregated paths, which reduce conflicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

They are completely conceptual and were released before the designs of any of the individual buildings were even designed by architects, several of the buildings in DIT have not even been designed yet as far as Im aware

Great photos of the Quads under construction:

45486013_10156585415106413_762339622544998400_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fcada4b01f065d0b5b1845fa2944866f&oe=5C87DD12

45524578_10156585416341413_4601354856848949248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=2900ee9c5f571d66d2ea97a43003dd8d&oe=5C71AD9D

45428164_10156585417791413_8955912874165796864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4daf596ee7d49785e5d03c3069769ee3&oe=5C72A3F3

The pedestrian link between Grangegorman and Constitution Hill has been opened today. This will hopefully cut a lot from my commute

trellheim wrote:
    The pedestrian link between Grangegorman and Constitution Hill has been opened today. This will hopefully cut a lot from my commute

Where does that come out in constitution hill? is it 24hr?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

By Broadstone LUAS stop.

Zipppy wrote: »
    Where does that come out in constitution hill? is it 24hr?

From the GgDA Facebook Page:
    Just to let everyone know the new link to Constitution Hill will be open from 9am to 4pm from Monday 19th November. After a settling in period the aim will be to extend those opening times. From next week signs will be put up on the gates indicating current opening times.

LXFlyer wrote:
    By Broadstone LUAS stop.

MJohnston wrote:
    From the GgDA Facebook Page:

Thank you..might be useful shortcut for visiting friends in stoneybatter .. if it opens in the evenings..

no I checked and was disappointed to find out its 0900-1600 opening hours for the present. "we plan to expand in the future". Much like the park shopping centre gates then.

pity :(

The Grangegorman end of the link is just to the right of the clock tower building in MJ's first photo above.

Anyone know if the opening hours are extended yet? It's pretty much useless to me at the min since its only open 9 to 4. Seems a waste of construction time and material

was supposed to open a t 7am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Pretty sure it was open when I drove by at 7:30

Thanks guys. They really don't make it easy to find out this info.

Follow the GGDA on Twitter and Facebook, as that's usually where they share the news:

https://twitter.com/GrangegormanDev/status/1076128817968746497

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

DIT (along with ITT and ITB) is now TUD

Advertisement