Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trucha82

Hi everyone,
    I have quick question - any noise issues transferring from one house to another? Are you all happy the way they were isolated??
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

alexf1 wrote: »
    There's planning permission in for an attic conversion in a Beech Type A in Barnwell Grove. Looks like a decent conversion that doesn't take away much space on the first floor for the stairs. Has anyone converted the attic in a Beech Type B (wide house type)?

Why would someone feel the need to put in planning permission for thie attic conversion? Are they planning to add windows to the front of the house? I'm told if they face the windows to the back of the house there would be no need for planning (but Im no expert).

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭alexf1

I'm sure it needs to be fully above board if it's a new build. There's a window in the side of the house as well as Velux's at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Collyb101 wrote: »
    Why would someone feel the need to put in planning permission for thie attic conversion? Are they planning to add windows to the front of the house? I'm told if they face the windows to the back of the house there would be no need for planning (but Im no expert).

I think, we need permission if you planning windows at front or back.
    Instead, we can install V windows on the roof for the attic room, without any permission.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Were all the houses released in this phase sold the weekend just gone?

• Advertisement

Were all the houses released in this phase sold the weekend just gone?

They all sold on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

alexf1 wrote:
    They all sold on Friday!

When is the next phase due for release?

I'm not sure but they're flat out building houses. Probably best to call the estate agents (who are very good) and tell them you'd like to be contacted when they are releasing more for sale.

Next release on Sep. But, normally cancellations will come

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trucha82

Hi Guys,
    Again I wonder if there are any noise/sounds issues transferring from one house to another? Are houses well soundproof? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 danb85

For those that are signing off on their houses now, have you received a completion date and if so from who?

Our insurance companies need completion dates and our solicitor is unaware this and said she has never experienced this before. When we signed off on the house (Last week) we asked the builder for a completion date so we can get our paperwork in order, he said that would be communicated through the solicitors. When we asked our solicitor about this she was confused.

So I was wondering, has anyone got a completion date and can they explain what this is?

- Is this from the Builder stating the house is completed?
    - Is it from the bank?

No-one will release paperwork until we have this date and the bank wont release the money until we have the paperwork, so we seem to be stuck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

danb85 wrote: »
    For those that are signing off on their houses now, have you received a completion date and if so from who?

Our insurance companies need completion dates and our solicitor is unaware this and said she has never experienced this before. When we signed off on the house (Last week) we asked the builder for a completion date so we can get our paperwork in order, he said that would be communicated through the solicitors. When we asked our solicitor about this she was confused.

So I was wondering, has anyone got a completion date and can they explain what this is?

- Is this from the Builder stating the house is completed?
    - Is it from the bank?

No-one will release paperwork until we have this date and the bank wont release the money until we have the paperwork, so we seem to be stuck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
    I think, Your home insurance from the bank itself & giving discount for that. So, Insurance team never allow to start insurance without knowing closing date. Mortgage team wont process without insurance. :):)

Your solicitor can solve this by contacting builder's solicitor, to know when can close the sale.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 15 danb85

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I think, Your home insurance from the bank itself & giving discount for that. So, Insurance team never allow to start insurance without knowing closing date. Mortgage team wont process without insurance. :):)

Your solicitor can solve this by contacting builder's solicitor, to know when can close the sale.

Thank You

Thanks everyone seems to be in agreement that the solicitor should be able to get this. So I will push with our solicitor once again.

Thanks.

danb85 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone seems to be in agreement that the solicitor should be able to get this. So I will push with our solicitor once again.

Thanks.

PM sent

Trucha82 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Again I wonder if there are any noise/sounds issues transferring from one house to another? Are houses well soundproof? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Should be. didn't get any complaint from the neighbour yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 t1mmyf

The roads are narrow but you can easily fit 2 cars on it! I was dropping paint up to the painter on Barnwell Grove this morning. They let me drive onto the grove and down to my house because i had all the paint in the car. Parked it on the road itself. There were JCB's etc going by my car with ease. The narrowness just makes you go a bit slower which is a good thing. Reduces the need for speed bumps maybe?

Hi,

Let me ask a question about our solar grid.

If we didn't use the electricity which produced by the solar panel, what would happen, Does this store somewhere or go to ESB?

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Hi,

Let me ask a question about our solar grid.

If we didn't use the electricity which produced by the solar panel, what would happen, Does this store somewhere or go to ESB?

Thank You

It doesn't store or doesn't pass it on to ESB. If you don't use as and when its produced, its wasted.

bbari wrote: »
    It doesn't store or doesn't pass it on to ESB. If you don't use as and when its produced, its wasted.

Thank you..

Are You sure, because our solar grid producing 4-5 KWh now a days. I don't think, normal house use these full energy for the day time.

Thank You

Thank you..

Are You sure, because our solar grid producing 4-5 KWh now a days. I don't think, normal house use these full energy for the day time.

Thank You

You are in Barnwell - Aren't you ?

The panel is to produce 1000W (1KW) at its best on a sunny day.....

• Advertisement

When you say the panel, do you mean each individual panel on the roof or all the panels on each roof?

t1mmyf wrote: »
    When you say the panel, do you mean each individual panel on the roof or all the panels on each roof?

I meant - the total power produced from all of the 4 panels is to be 1 KW on a good day. That's my understanding anyway.

I meant - the total power produced from all of the 4 panels is to be 1 KW on a good day. That's my understanding anyway.
    That seems very low. electricireland state that a southfacing panel in Kildare will generate 1520KW a year. Now I have no idea how many panels that is but you'd assume it's not far off what is standard in Barnwell. Which would be around 4KW a day.

You could be right but I have never seen it producing more than 900W at a time.

Have a look at this -

http://www.solarelectric.ie/project/residential-garage-roof-wexford/

"This 4.3kw Conergy PV system was installed from start to finish in one and a half days in total."

If you see the pics, there are 18 panels producing 4.3kw. We have 4 panels only and makes sense that its producing 1kw. I remember talking to the electrician and he said each panel produce 0.25W so 4 of em will produce 1kw. I also thought it will produce something in winter too but its dead dead in winter months.

Hi,

Yes, I'm in Barnwell.

Converter display was showing 5.2KWh as "E-Total" for yesterday (was a good sunny day).
    Isn't that number indicating, total electricity produced in a day?

Thank You

Hi,

Yes, I'm in Barnwell.

Converter display was showing 5.2KWh as "E-Total" for yesterday (was a good sunny day).
    Isn't that number indicating, total electricity produced in a day?

Thank You

That's correct but I THINK the the example I quoted (4.3KW) and the 5.2 KW what you are referring to are two different things. Probably 4.3KW is produced at a point in time and the 5.2KW is the total for the day? I think what matters is what is the max produced at a time so if 900W is produced at 11am and we are using washing machine/dishwasher/fridge at that time and the total consumption is 1,000W, 900W is used from the PV and 100W is used from the grid. I'm just going by the common sense or logic and I could be completely wrong!

That's correct but I THINK the the example I quoted (4.3KW) and the 5.2 KW what you are referring to are two different things. Probably 4.3KW is produced at a point in time and the 5.2KW is the total for the day? I think what matters is what is the max produced at a time so if 900W is produced at 11am and we are using washing machine/dishwasher/fridge at that time and the total consumption is 1,000W, 900W is used from the PV and 100W is used from the grid. I'm just going by the common sense or logic and I could be completely wrong!

Hi,
    see this pdf. https://www.teagasc.ie/media/website/publications/2016/11.-Solar-Energy.pdf

"A large domestic dwelling with an unshaded south facing roof of approximately 30m2 could install 4 kilowatts (kW) of PV panels. Located in Carlow and set at the optimum angle to the sun (35⁰), it would generate around 3,300 kWh of electricity (roughly equivalent to the amount of electricity consumed by a small household) throughout the year). "

"If you are generating more energy than you are using and your PV system is connected to the grid, the balance will be exported. In many countries the exported amounted for smaller systems of <30kW PV is not metred and is deemed as being 50% of the generated energy."

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Have a look at this -

http://www.solarelectric.ie/project/residential-garage-roof-wexford/

"This 4.3kw Conergy PV system was installed from start to finish in one and a half days in total."

If you see the pics, there are 18 panels producing 4.3kw. We have 4 panels only and makes sense that its producing 1kw. I remember talking to the electrician and he said each panel produce 0.25W so 4 of em will produce 1kw. I also thought it will produce something in winter too but its dead dead in winter months.

1kw is very less
    It should produce 3-4 units in a good sunny day. .around 70-100 in a good summer month

Also as I understand if u don't use it goes back to the grid for esb... and yes they don't pay back anything to you now which I think they used to before

• Advertisement

The ESB had a trial scheme where anyone with solar or wind power generators could 'sell' power back to the grid but they stopped it a while back. It's a shame as it could as it would be nice to build up some credit during the summer on your electricity account. A friend of the family had a couple of small wind turbines on his farm and was generating lots of power and cut his bills in half or better. Not sure if he still gets paid as he was one of the first to sign up. The turbines weren't cheap though...

Advertisement