Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Tnx lads for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Anyone out the N69 seeing a large fire tonight? I can see a large smoke cloud for the past two hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

dashoonage wrote: »
    Anyone out the N69 seeing a large fire tonight? I can see a large smoke cloud for the past two hours

Test firing of the tyre bonfire in mungret?

Test firing of the tyre bonfire in mungret?

mmmm that could be it. ive a few out the back to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

dashoonage wrote: »

Wonder was that the Smoke cloud I saw from Dromcollogher :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Wonder was that the Smoke cloud I saw from Dromcollogher :eek::eek:

If it was over towards the Shannon estuary side then yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I just found out that there is an upstairs part to the library. Very impressive set up they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Shannon757 wrote:
    I just found out that there is an upstairs part to the library. Very impressive set up they have.

The public resource or the bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

PetKing wrote: »
    The public resource or the bar?

The place with all the computers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/235686/u-turn-on-banning-children-from-st-patrick-s-dayparade-in-limerick.html

Decision made, I will definitely be passing on the parade this year. I suspect that Grooveyard were possibly trying to cut the numbers of scouts/sports groups walking along in mind-numbingly boring numbers. But surely 5 minutes of thought would have let them figure that there would be the kind of complaints that there were and that they'd have to backtrack. How hard would it be to state on the application that; The theme of this year's parade is X, all applicants must detail how their group will show this theme or a general St Patricks Day/Irish theme. So if the theme was Spring, like it was in 2015 all the groups must do something like dress as flowers/birds/bunnies, make papier mache daffodils/Easter eggs to carry, etc. Sing spring songs, play music as they pass. Groups with older kids could be more imaginative and make Pan/Bríd/other mythological figures associated with spring costumes/banners/floats. Have a separate application process for corporate entries who's efforts must be outstanding to have a place in the parade. No more Mr Binman trucks with a few ballons tacked on to be accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Anyone know where the windmill parts in Foynes are destined for? They've been there at the west entrance for a good few weeks. I'm guessing they could be bound for Tarbert direction?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

kerryked wrote: »
    Anyone know where the windmill parts in Foynes are destined for? They've been there at the west entrance for a good few weeks. I'm guessing they could be bound for Tarbert direction?
    There's over 40 wind turbines to go up with site prep near Scartaglin in Co. Kerry. Could be for there (Scartaglen and Cordal windfarms are their names).

On a different note, besides the mess on the Dublin Rd, did one think traffic around the city in general was nuts today?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

marno21 wrote: »
    On a different note, besides the mess on the Dublin Rd, did one think traffic around the city in general was nuts today?

Traffic around the golf links road and monaleen was mental at 6:15pm or so. Couldn't fathom it because the roadworks by Audi couldn't have caused such a buckle onto the side roads.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Berty wrote: »
    Traffic around the golf links road and monaleen was mental at 6:15pm or so. Couldn't fathom it because the roadworks by Audi couldn't have caused such a buckle onto the side roads.
    There was a car abandoned on the approach to the Kilmurry roundabout outbound on the Dublin Rd with delays back to the Groody roundabout so that may have been partly responsible.

The traffic on the Childers Rd/Ballysimon Rd all day seemed worse than usual too. Not sure the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The traffic on the Childers Rd/Ballysimon Rd all day seemed worse than usual too. Not sure the cause.

Avoiding traffic on the Dublin road on the groody bridge. Lads had a stop and go system for road surfacing(didn't see resurfacing required myself but hey) which probably caused lots of people to dive left towards ballysimon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Where can i buy white vinegar for cleaning? Preferably in the city and a larger bottle.

Parchment wrote: »
    Where can i buy white vinegar for cleaning? Preferably in the city and a larger bottle.

The Chinese supermarket on Henry Street? No idea how it compares on price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The Chinese supermarket on Henry Street? No idea how it compares on price.

Thanks! i never even thought of looking there.

Anyone know where I can get a reasonable set of speakers for a 90s era hifi??

Blew my set tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Anyone know where I can get a reasonable set of speakers for a 90s era hifi??

Blew my set tonight

Try Tony or Sean in Future sound and vision top of William Street next to gleesons sports shop they will always set you up great bunch of guys

• Advertisement

steveon wrote: »
    Try Tony or Sean in Future sound and vision top of William Street next to gleesons sports shop they will always set you up great bunch of guys

Second hand set if possible

As in a set from the 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

As in a set from the 90s

They often have old sets so worth an ask her to are you sure you blew the actual speakers and not the sound output chip in your system? They do repairs on some units too ...

As in a set from the 90s

Have a pair of speakers from an old Philips hi-fi here free to take away if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Sorry lads can i ask anyone attitude of some '' shop owners'/mangers when asking them about summer work (it was for my sister) .She was following up on some of the cvs she sent out.Some of the them would hardly even give u the time of day when asking. Leave it there & we will get back to you.(not in the nice way response.) ''we will ring you if we need you''. How did some of these people get managers jobs if they are that rude/ignorant. Every chemist nearly she tried even ones that say they would changed their mind. Is that how bad it is gone now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Sorry lads can i ask anyone attitude of some '' shop owners'/mangers when asking them about summer work (it was for my sister) .She was following up on some of the cvs she sent out.Some of the them would hardly even give u the time of day when asking. Leave it there & we will get back to you.(not in the nice way response.) ''we will ring you if we need you''. How did some of these people get managers jobs if they are that rude/ignorant. Every chemist nearly she tried even ones that say they would changed their mind. Is that how bad it is gone now ??

Some people are assholes and enjoy feeling even nominally superior to others. If they are bad when you are asking for work then just imagine working for them.

Some people are assholes and enjoy feeling even nominally superior to others. If they are bad when you are asking for work then just imagine working for them.

Funny cos it's true haha.

Devils advocate- at least some of these people are probably plagued with people looking for part time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Speaking of part time...any jobs going - retail, cleaning, waiting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bad crash last night, 12 car pile up.....one man died, RIP

https://www.her.ie/news/one-man-killed-12-car-pile-limerick-335647

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Anyone drive the N69 any way regularly and try to tune their car radio to newstalk?

I've been trying to tune in on that particular road the last few weeks and the sound keeps going high and low and trying to autotune. Thought it was my radio at first, but all other channels seem to be working okay.

Just wondering if it's happening to anyone else?

• Advertisement

kerryked wrote: »
    Anyone drive the N69 any way regularly and try to tune their car radio to newstalk?

I've been trying to tune in on that particular road the last few weeks and the sound keeps going high and low and trying to autotune. Thought it was my radio at first, but all other channels seem to be working okay.

Just wondering if it's happening to anyone else?
    Try turning off the RDS on your radio if possible and keep it tuned to 107.6 for the N69.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement