Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Laken Dara

I sent you a PM with a phone number of a man who should be able to help you.

I thank you all for replying to my post looking for help with a cooker repair.I googled,and came across a man from Mullinahone,Adrian Rochford,who covers Clonmel.He was great to deal with,was here when he said he would be,and I had the job done a day after I phoned him...Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

marvin80 wrote: »
    I see they have redesigned/relaunched the Clonmel website, looks great:

http://www.clonmel.ie/

good to see it was done by a local fella

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

anon71 wrote: »
    ..... my husband tonight who told me he's seen the smaller of the 2 ponies on the road being beaten along by children..[I]I'm crying since[/I]....
    anon71 wrote: »
    And as you correctly pointed out, this is a public forum so I'll continue to feel free to complain and express any emotion I choose to do whilst obeying the forum charter.

I agree with you completely, reporting it is always the better direction, and am happy that you have taken that option

One wonders if some people are sympathetic towards the ponies or looking for sympathy for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

good to see it was done by a local fella

Didn't realise this but great to see.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Qreq wrote: »
    If anybody was thinking of getting a VR setup but you're unsure if it's worth it or whether you might be among the fraction who gets motion woozy, there's a new VR arcade you could try. It's beside the Subway on Parnell Street. I haven't tried it, but it's nice to have the option there.

I went there last week.

The have 4 VR 'rooms' running HTC Vive and were setting up a 2-seater car seat for virtual driving.

€20 an hour / €10 - 30 minutes / €6 - 15 minutes. They were offering free 2 minute demos for those that were just curious.

I played Quivr on Steam for 30 minutes with a mate and loved it. The lads running the place set the game up, gave us some instructions and left us figure out the rest ourselves.

They had a bunch of other games but they need to work on a better way of letting people know exactly what is available and they still need some time to work out some teething issues (mics weren't working so unable to speak to other players). All in all money well spent. If you don't fancy splashing out €1000 for the Vive then head along to this crowd and give it a try. They say that walk-ins are welcome but there was only 30 minutes wait last Friday so it may get busy over the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Surprised nobody has mentioned Dorothy Perkins about to open in O Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Surprised nobody has mentioned Dorothy Perkins about to open in O Connell St.

where?

Beside holland and barrett. Anyone know what's happening with the old estate agents place in Parnell Street across from subway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Morrigan restaurant have said they are closed/closing down on Facebook.

Was it Santa I saw about 10 mins ago ? Bright red light from west to east,going a good pace,with no sound at all.Thought at first it was one of those lanters,but way too fast....And no,I wasnt on the sauce..I was getting out of the car after a visit...Would little green men be red?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Karianna

Ho, does anyone know what huges mills is like now? Theres so little around to rent but i know it used to be bad so a bit nervous about it.

(X posted)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Karianna wrote: »
    Ho, does anyone know what huges mills is like now? Theres so little around to rent but i know it used to be bad so a bit nervous about it.

I don't have experience living there, but I did view a place there a year or two ago so here's what I thought:

The corridors were very dim even though the lights were on during daytime. That gave a bad first impression that whomever is in charge of maintaining the building doesn't care that it gives a "dangerous" vibe. On the way to my prospective apartment, I noticed a potential neighbour's door was significantly damaged. The apartment itself was fine to look at. You could have plenty of sun and a nice view of the hills if your place is on the south side of the building or the sound of the river when its high and no sun if you're on the north side.

I decided to go with a different place because of the bad first impressions and people were warning me against it even though they couldn't cite specific incidents.

Incidentally, I reconned Bridgewater House that same year on a weekend night. One of the entrance doors was broken so anybody could enter and somebody was blasting music for all to hear.

Maybe these places are fine and my first impressions were misleading. I'm eager to hear from someone who lived in either place fairly recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

Sad to read on FB that Premier music is closing down..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

that place where tipp fm w has a a closing down sale as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

snipey wrote: »
    that place where tipp fm w has a a closing down sale as well,
    Given that it was a Christmas pop up shop that's not unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Sad to read on FB that Premier music is closing down..

That's a real pity. I've been a customer there since it opened. People these days are too occupied with getting everything for the cheapest price possible and to hell with the local shop selling usually for not a lot extra. It's only when these shops are closed that people realise how much these shops contribute to the area, theres a lot to be said for being able to bring a faulty item back to a physical shop rather than an online entity.

I have no idea why the shop closed but I'm sure that online competition pricing them out of the market had some part to play in the decision.

On a positive note, the lads are staying in the music business and will continue to run the stage and equipment hire side of the company.

The new Galileo restaurant is a fantastic addition to O Connell Street really nice looking place and always looks busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

The new Galileo restaurant is a fantastic addition to O Connell Street really nice looking place and always looks busy.

I agree. Was there for a late lunch on Thursday. Nicely decorated inside. Good quality food and attentive staff. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

tinyk68 wrote: »
    I agree. Was there for a late lunch on Thursday. Nicely decorated inside. Good quality food and attentive staff. Really enjoyed it.

Must try it out! Will they give you a can of coke with your dinner though? One of my pet hates about the original Galileo. Insisting the sit in customers must drink flat coke from a 2l bottle, but selling cans to the take away customers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Anyone have any ideas on where i could by a glass display cabinet in clonmel?

Something like this http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-furniture/cabinets-sideboards/detolf-glass-door-cabinet-black-brown-art-10119206/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Anyone have any ideas on where i could by a glass display cabinet in clonmel?

Something like this http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-furniture/cabinets-sideboards/detolf-glass-door-cabinet-black-brown-art-10119206/

I don't, but there is a guy on Facebook who goes to Ikea most weeks and brings stuff home for a small fee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

jlm29 wrote: »
    I don't, but there is a guy on Facebook who goes to Ikea most weeks and brings stuff home for a small fee!

Thanks I'll look into that but it would be handier to pick something up in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭giveitholly

anyone know if penneys is opened tomorrow new years day

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

anyone know if penneys is opened tomorrow new years day

It's closed according to https://www.primark.com/en-ie/store/clonmel It's open from 10am on January 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Qreq wrote: »
    It's closed according to https://www.primark.com/en-ie/store/clonmel It's open from 10am on January 2nd.
    cheers thanks

A new fish restaurant in the Poppyfields looks impressive looking in from the outside anyway.

Will give it a try shortly and see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Sounds interesting ! is it a chain thing ?

I don't know and I've forgotten the name.
    The interior is so stylish that I suspect it might be a franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,567 ✭✭✭✭klose

I don't believe so, one of the guys who worked in esquires has taken it over, looks classy from the outside and is a fish and chip shop + seafood bar. Can't help but feeling only serving fish is shooting yourself in the foot a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Yeah I don't know...
    They have them in France (franchised), not sure they do very well tbh, but they're still going after a few years.

Advertisement