Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Try Fiona O'Mara. If you're staying in a Hotel, most of them have in house Beauticians.

Thanks a mil. I'd prefer to book a person specifically recommended rather than just ringing up a place, iykwim. I've had some dodgy jobs done in my time!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil. I'd prefer to book a person specifically recommended rather than just ringing up a place, iykwim. I've had some dodgy jobs done in my time!

Fiona is the owner, but has a number of girls working for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Anybody know what the deal is with the huge "Shake Dog" banner at Rockin' Joe's? It seems too basic and at the same time gaudy to be a designed logo for a rebranding, and it's too big and ungrammatical to be a statement about the menu. Google doesn't show it as a company name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Qreq wrote: »
    Anybody know what the deal is with the huge "Shake Dog" banner at Rockin' Joe's? It seems too basic and at the same time gaudy to be a designed logo for a rebranding, and it's too big and ungrammatical to be a statement about the menu. Google doesn't show it as a company name.

Seen it and wondered was it there to shade the sun?? Ive been in there once or twice and the sun has been beating in making it unbearable..

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Have people seen the 2 little ponies in the field beside the railway track. They don't have any covers on them and they don't appear to have shelter. I saw them earlier but it went right out of my head. Is there a local animal welfare group that could look into this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

anon71 wrote: »
    Have people seen the 2 little ponies in the field beside the railway track. They don't have any covers on them and they don't appear to have shelter. I saw them earlier but it went right out of my head. Is there a local animal welfare group that could look into this?
    They don't really need covers, ponies are quite resilient especially when used to being outside like these ones are, there are quite a few trees for cover. They will be fine, they have been in that field for a number of years without any obvious issues.

solerina wrote: »
    They don't really need covers, ponies are quite resilient especially when used to being outside like these ones are, there are quite a few trees for cover. They will be fine, they have been in that field for a number of years without any obvious issues.

I don't know anything about ponies or horses but they just looked so miserable standing there. I'm a softy when it comes to animals, I'd probably have them in my sitting room....

I don't know anything about ponies or horses but they just looked so miserable standing there. I'm a softy when it comes to animals, I'd probably have them in my sitting room....

You'd have to catch them first!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Nearly everyone passing by seems to come and give them treats, so I suspect they're not too badly off.
    Better that than seeing them trying to pull numerous children down the road on a sulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Laken Dara

Would anyone on the forum know of anybody in the Clonmel area,that repairs electric cookers,that wouldnt charge an arm and leg for a call out fee?
    Sean Sunderland is not available for about a week,he was my first port of call..Thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Laken Dara wrote:
    Would anyone on the forum know of anybody in the Clonmel area,that repairs electric cookers,that wouldnt charge an arm and leg for a call out fee? Sean Sunderland is not available for about a week,he was my first port of call..Thanks

Try Fitzgeralds in Cahir?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Laken Dara wrote: »
    Would anyone on the forum know of anybody in the Clonmel area,that repairs electric cookers,that wouldnt charge an arm and leg for a call out fee?
    Sean Sunderland is not available for about a week,he was my first port of call..Thanks:)

I sent you a PM with a phone number of a man who should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭pooch90

Try Fitzgeralds in Cahir?

Very hit or miss I've found. We only used them once and they were a disaster between ordering wrong parts, never returning calls, not showing up when meant to etc. All in all we were left with no fridge or freezer working for over two months so would definitely not recommend. Others swear by them but I'd never go back.

cml387 wrote: »
    Nearly everyone passing by seems to come and give them treats, so I suspect they're not too badly off.
    Better that than seeing them trying to pull numerous children down the road on a sulky.

If they were being used for sulky pulling would that be an issue for animal welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

If they were being used for sulky pulling would that be an issue for animal welfare.

Has it been in the past ?

PacMan wrote: »
    Has it been in the past ?

I've no idea. I was asking in general conversation at work about the ponies and it was said that children attach them to smaller sulkies. I haven't seen it myself.

All sulky racing on public roads should be banned regardless of the size of the animal involved, its cruel and down right dangerous for all road users !!

All sulky racing on public roads should be banned regardless of the size of the animal involved, its cruel and down right dangerous for all road users !!

I agree with you completely. I honestly can't stop thinking of the 2 little ponies. I was talking my husband tonight who told me he's seen the smaller of the 2 ponies on the road being beaten along by children..I'm crying since...Said he'd not mentioned it to me before because he knows how soft I am..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

I see one of there horses lying down for nearly two days and can't get up, i'd say he's bunched. his head is still up but he doesn't look great. and he's only a hundred yards from the owner's site. one law for them and one law for us.

I my husband told me he's seen the smaller of the 2 ponies on the road being beaten along by children...
    snipey wrote: »
    I see one of there horses lying down for nearly two days and can't get up, i'd say he's bunched. his head is still up but he doesn't look great.

Has either of you reported this to the Garda?

• Advertisement

Has either of you reported this to the Garda?

I can't report anything because I didn't witness anything and my husband says he won't either. Firstly he couldn't identify the kids and he has no proof anyway. And secondly without giving details, we've had experience of the guards dealing with members of the travelling community concerning witnessing and reporting an assault. Absolutely nothing was done so I honestly can't see them being bothered about a couple of ponies.

I've contacted a local animal group but I haven't heard back from them.

ya there's a vet on the way and ispca are coming to check the horse

I can't report anything because I didn't witness anything and my husband says he won't either.

Its always best to report issues like this to the Garda. At least it will be logged, and if a pattern of complaints continue, at least they will be obliged to do something.

Its much better highlighting issues to the proper people, than complaining here on a public forum, expressing pity and outrage, and then saying you cant or wont do anything about it.

Says it all really

Any update ? Is the horse Ok ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

PacMan wrote:
    Its much better highlighting issues to the proper people, than complaining here on a public forum, expressing pity and outrage, and then saying you cant or wont do anything about it.

Don't fall off that high horse you're on :-)

Any update ? Is the horse Ok ?

ya I gave a walk over there today and the horse was on his feet but barely, he's obviously very sick and needs help I didn't meet the ISPCA guy so I don't know will there be a follow up.

Its always best to report issues like this to the Garda. At least it will be logged, and if a pattern of complaints continue, at least they will be obliged to do something.

Says it all really

As far as I'm concerned highlighting issues of animal welfare to an animal welfare group is doing something about it. Which is exactly what I said I did.
    So where in that did I say I can't or won't do anything about it.

And as you correctly pointed out, this is a public forum so I'll continue to feel free to complain and express any emotion I choose to do whilst obeying the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I heard The new proposed coffee shop/bakery in O Connell st has been given the go ahead dispite all the objections from O Gormans across the street from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I see they have redesigned/relaunched the Clonmel website, looks great:

http://www.clonmel.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

If anybody was thinking of getting a VR setup but you're unsure if it's worth it or whether you might be among the fraction who gets motion woozy, there's a new VR arcade you could try. It's beside the Subway on Parnell Street. I haven't tried it, but it's nice to have the option there.

Advertisement