Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It is 28.2c now here at Grange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Mount Dillon reporting 30c at 1500.
    Hope the Rossies know your spose to take the temps in the shade :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Hope the Rossies know your spose to take the temps in the shade :pac:

It's a Met Eireann station.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I coached soccer camps in the heat in California but today, on an Irish camp, easily rivals the hottest of those days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

25C here now, the easterly breeze shaving a good 4C off what could have been. Still very warm tho and very pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1600 Met Reports , Mount Dillon still at 30 degrees.

Ok my maximum temperature has slightly decreased after a high of 28.6c - so it looks like this will be my confirmed maximum temperature for this month. Maximums so far for 2016

January: 15.1c
    February: 12.4c
    March: 14.2c
    April: 16.1c
    May: 22.5c
    June: 24.2c
    July: 28.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Ok my maximum temperature has slightly decreased after a high of 28.6c - so it looks like this will be my confirmed maximum temperature for this month.
    :confused: only 24.8c in my backyard.

:confused: only 24.8c in my backyard.

MICRO-CLIMATE confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

28.6C in Galway city - a new highest temp for the year so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just after seeing the forecast on met eireann, tomorrow will be mild but a bit of a shock to the system with a drop of up to 10C. Tonight the east could hang on to 20C throughout the night but will fall to 18C during tomorrow daytime, then temps in and around the 18-21C mark between Thursday and next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

ongarboy wrote: »
    Went for a swim earlier. Never seen this beach so packed!!!

How was the water? Curious to know how warm it's got this summer!

Gonzo wrote: »
    just after seeing the forecast on met eireann, tomorrow will be mild but a bit of a shock to the system with a drop of up to 10C. Tonight the east could hang on to 20C throughout the night but will fall to 18C during tomorrow daytime, then temps in and around the 18-21C mark between Thursday and next Monday.

18-21c is grand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

With the breeze dropping off and the now cloudless sky in west Dublin, I have just recorded 26.2°. It will be interesting to see what Casement recorded at 5pm. It's about 3.5km from here. If that breeze and cloudier spell hadn't occurred earlier, I reckon I would have hit 28°. My all time record is 28.2°in July 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes is going to be oppressive tonight not much reduction in temps at all in the east . Mins of 20c in Dublin. Let's see if we can get done thunderstorms to make that reading 14

Yeah I have dropped to 27.4c now so 28.6c is my confirmed high.

My warmest days on record

1. 1 August 1995, 30.4c
    2. 19 July 2006, 30.3c
    3. 9 July 2013, 29.7c
    4. 2 August 1995, 29.5c
    5. 2 June 2009, 28.9c
    6. 10 July 2013, 28.9c
    7. 11 July 2013, 28.8c
    8. 18 July 2006, 28.8c
    9. 19 July 2016, 28.6c
    10. 28 June 1995, 28.6c

So this day ranks as my 9th warmest day ever recorded.

I just noticed something?

19 July 2006: 30.3c
    19 July 2013: 28.5c
    19 July 2016: 28.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hit 25'6C here earlier in an easterly sea breeze, amazing, never ever had temps approaching that in an easterly before.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Bit of a change here already beautiful blue skies replaced by hazy sunshine and cloud. I'm not kidding.

Apparently 30 degrees in Ballinasloe nearing 6pm! Wonder where they get their readings?

Ballinasloe.jpg

Get your accuweather BS out of here :pac:.

• Advertisement

temps on the rise here over past 2 hours as the sea breeze has died down, 26C here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Had a high of 29.4 at 16.17, happy with that :), has dropped back a bit now, getting quite cloudy to my west, lets see what this evening brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Bit of a change here already beautiful blue skies replaced by hazy sunshine and cloud. I'm not kidding.

Completely overcast here in Dungarvan now, whereas an hour ago there was almost no clouds!

26° at Casement at 6pm... highest temper there all day. My recording is now 26.4 so it's consistent with what Met E are recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭pauldry

Had a high of 29.4 at 16.17, happy with that :), has dropped back a bit now, getting quite cloudy to my west, lets see what this evening brings.

Yeah touched 29c in Sligo too ....report for markree will have 28 29c

We cudda won if it werent for some cloud at 2 to 330pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Completely overcast here in Dungarvan now, whereas an hour ago there was almost no clouds!

Thanks I thought I was the only one!! What was it like there yesterday as a matter of interest?

I reckon Casement could have gotten the 30° today only for the breeze between 12 and 3pm. Funny how it just died away in the afternoon but that's typical of hot weather in coastal areas.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Completely calm now here in Dublin 16. High level cloud has rolled in from the south, and, temp rising slightly now. 25.3c atm.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Get your accuweather BS out of here :pac:.

Meh, I pretty much always find it good. How do we know people's readings that they post here are any more accurate?

• Advertisement

Elliott S wrote: »
    Meh, I pretty much always find it good. How do we know people's readings that they post here are any more accurate?

Accuweather would say we would get thunderstorms in Winter for god sake. Carnacalla, tell him please.

Advertisement