Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,574 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted with the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

SCENES!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Yes bai! That was our best shot at progressing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

It's what we were all hoping for I'd say. Assuming we beat them it's BK Hacken of Sweden. That will be tough alright but I'm already starting to dream of qualifying for the group stages :D

The draw has been very fair to us. We should get past Linfield without too much of a problem, BK Hacken are a small mid-table Swedish team, it will be tough but its another winnable tie, and who knows where we go from there. I just hope JC has learned from his mistakes of last year against KR. The big thing here for us is the prize money, its well over 200k per round and that doesn't include gate receipts etc, what happens over the next few weeks determines next years playing budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

I hope that there is no trouble up in Belfast it is a great fixture for the club and really we should have a great chance of progressing Ross gaynor is their top player

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

It won't be like this, that's for sure. ( first 7 mins is a bit political but after that it's all about THAT night.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoU4sFtf0KI&ebc=ANyPxKo2yuKxvLmiuZJVs7bwIdC2sTsLbge8U-t75pcm0HvGiDzG4rpr7RdKk298D6Zy4LHZ-b2h3R-E_X9s6q6QoNb0Z2pO1Q

Good luck to Cork, you will win this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

joeysoap wrote: »
    Good luck to Cork, you will win this one

Not if we play like we did against Rovers on Friday. We were brutal. No end product, no killer pass, one or two good chances, but very little created overall. Complete opposite of how we played against them last time at the Cross. I thought Rovers should've had a men sent off early on for a foul on Maguire when he was one-on-one with the keeper. But the way we were playing, they'd probably have played ten behind the ball and we wouldn't have been able to break them down.

A lot of people saying we'll coast past Linfield cause they're out of season. The other night, we looked like a side out of season. Such a disjointed performances, we were just completely off the pace. The break probably f*cked up our momentum a bit. But still, it's only three weeks. And the lads were at a training camp in Portugal for about a week. Those kind of things should be standing to a team, but it didn't seem to last night.

Hopefully this match was just a blip. If we play like we did against Rovers, then I'd be concerned. But if we play like have for most of the season, especially against Dundalk a few weeks ago, then we should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Really looking forward to Thursday night now. Hopefully it all passes off peacefully.

Just found out that I have to be in Dublin next Thursday and Friday, so I'm going to miss the home game. I am more than a little annoyed :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyone know if Setanta are showing it?

• Advertisement

Yeah such a big game wouldn't it be on tv. This is what its all about no time for second best here, if the league and cork city wants to take things to the next level european wins are so so important and pivotal. Pats won 1-0 tonight at home a good start for the LOI in europe I wouldn't take Linfield lightly they are in Europe every season and know what its all about, they have some good players and will be fired up for this one just as we are, but if we play to our top standard we should progress I have no fear about that, but we shouldn't get complacent a win vs Linfield would be one of the clubs greatest achievements.

If we cant beat an out of season Linfield over two legs, then we can all forget about it. We are a much better team than them, we must go there and believe we are going to play them off the park and I think we will. 2-0 in Windsor and 4-0 in the X. Cant wait for tomorrow, getting a bus up the road to a Europa League tie is going to be such a novelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Qualifying for the next round is worth €210,000 to the club. Winning is the only option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Qualifying for the next round is worth €210,000 to the club. Winning is the only option!

Linfield will be thinking the same. Serious money though

We need not think only about the money play the match and the result will hopefully follow, biggest game in years despite our great form we must play with freedom vs Linfield, pity its not on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

What's our record against Linfield?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Worztron wrote: »
    What's our record against Linfield?

Played once and lost 1-0 in Setanta Cup in 2007.

Just heard that the game is being broadcast live on 96FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

That's grand but it's shocking that its not on TV.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    That's grand but it's shocking that its not on TV.

+1

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any team news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Switched on a minute ago and there is music playing.

Edit. Works on fm radio. Not online.

Sweet!

Nice one City. Rovers dragging to co-efficient down once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

1 up half time in the tie bit of work yet to be done

Great result. Any away win in europe is a great day for and LOI club, but now we have a home leg to manage keep a clean sheet and we go through simple as. Hope Setanta broadcast the home leg once again a fantastic result but loads of work still to do. As for Rovers they don't have the attacking quality no center forward like fagan or maguire who score for both city and pats to give 1-0 wins. Best of luck to Pats Tuesday hopefully us and them will qualify think Rovers are out at this stage hope im proved wrong

The better results all LOI clubs get, the easier the draw in following years ( in theory anyway) if you don't participate in the 1st qualifying round it's €200k 'free' money as you get this automatically ie Dundalk automatically get this as well as well as the €300k for the 2nd qualifying round they are in. That's why it's important for all Irish teams to do well. Pity about Rovers but great result for City. And barring a fall both Dundalk and City should be here again next year, and let's hope straight to the 2nd qualifiers.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Nice one City. Rovers dragging to co-efficient down once again.

No they aren't. They are dragging their own one down. Not ours or anyone elses.

So fúck them.

Good result alright, but not that great TBH. Expect to do the job next week without too many problems though.

It's disgraceful that none of the TV channels here showed the game. I listened to the match on 96FM, City fans were in great voice!

I'm working away next week so can't get to the Cross :mad: so I am hoping against hope that the match will be on Setanta - but RTÉ should be showing the game in my opinion.

• Advertisement

While it would be nice if it were televised you have to weigh up who cares aside from CCFC fans and a small amount of LOI fans. Even at that not all LOI fans would be racing to watch it. I know if it were Dundalk/Bohs or whoever Vs Linfield and it was televised, Im not going out of my way to watch it.

People at the moment are also exposed to a serious amount of "top quality" football on TV with the Euros (awful tournament so far, but thats a chat for elsewhere) so Im not sure the appetite is there for watch a EL 1st qualifying round game.

Advertisement