Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greystones lost and found thread. [All Posts here]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hermoine

Hi all, Our lovely young tabby cat has gone missing from Woodlands.
    If anyone in the area has seen her wandering around in the Woodlands vicinity, please could they let us know. She is a 2 year old tabby and has no collar and a clipped left ear. she is quite shy but sweet natured and affectionate. She will probably be hungry by now.
    We have only had her 2 days and she escaped last night. She came from Milltown in Dublin so we dont think she has run back there.
    this is our first pet and our 2 young boys are very distraught.
    Please let us know if you see her on 086 7316148.

there is a photo attached.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi - there is no attachment to your post if you want to retry posting it.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

iPhone left in taxi in Greystones on friday before Christmas. So anyone missing one call 085 7047988. Notices out since Christmas but no one claiming it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stonedcherrie

My beloved black and white cat is missing again. Recently moved from Charlesland Court to Seabourne Apartments and he seems to roam back to the old house. Not this time though :-( He is wearing a grey collar with the name 'Socks'. He's shy around strangers. If you do see him, please contact me. Attached please find a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Lost a black "Seal Skinz" glove yesterday evening on the way home from the shoreline.
    My housemate said she saw a glove attatched to a tree at the first roundabout (shoreline side) this morning heading to work but didn't know I had lost mine so she didn't take it but when I wen't down to look again in the afternoon I couldn't find any sign of it.

If anyone found the glove (link here) and returned it I would be very greatful and owe you a coffee/wine/beer or some token of appreciation as I only got the pair about 4 weeks ago and am gutted that I was so stupid as to lose one.

Please PM me if you have seen it or handed it in anywhere etc...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sinkadinka

Just noticed this thread......... we found pair of reading glasses today beside the Watson & Johnson carpark and have handed them into Greystones Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Small female cat lost Delgany near Kindlestown Wood.
    Not collared but is chipped. Will respond to the name of Selma, most likely by rolling onto her back and chirping like a bird.
    While she is 3 yrs old now she still looks and behaves very much like a kitten.

Tortoise in colour with white chest and white paws.

SillySelma-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Catstail

Our cat is missing since Saturday morning from Charlesland Grove. He is black and white with a white tip on his tail. He is a slim cat. If anyone sees him can them please contact us. Can people please check their sheds and attics as he likes to explore. If anyone hears a cat crying can they check where it is coming from as he may be stuck somewhere. Any help in finding him would be much appreciated. I have attached a photo. Hope you can help. Reward offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

hi has anybody lost a rabbit? i saw a white obviously pet rabbit .tufty ears .blue eyes .down near the second from roundabout from shoreline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Catstail wrote: »
    Our cat is missing since Saturday morning from Charlesland Grove. He is black and white with a white tip on his tail. He is a slim cat. If anyone sees him can them please contact us. Can people please check their sheds and attics as he likes to explore. If anyone hears a cat crying can they check where it is coming from as he may be stuck somewhere. Any help in finding him would be much appreciated. I have attached a photo. Hope you can help. Reward offered.
    Again???!!!!

• Advertisement

Found, thank God as he needs daily medication. A little bit shaken. Trip to the vets and now ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinosaur

Found bracelet in Charlesland today. Please PM me if you have lost one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Again???!!!!
    I think their cat is a wanderer, I don't think a lot of people realise that cats like to eff off for a few days every now and again especially if someones feeding them elsewhere.

Lost cat posts should be banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think their cat is a wanderer, I don't think a lot of people realise that cats like to eff off for a few days every now and again especially if someones feeding them elsewhere.

Lost cat posts should be banned!

They're not going to be banned

Could we try and keep this on topic - ie reporting something lost or found or giving helpful or useful information

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Taltos wrote: »
    Small female cat lost Delgany near Kindlestown Wood.
    Not collared but is chipped. Will respond to the name of Selma, most likely by rolling onto her back and chirping like a bird.
    While she is 3 yrs old now she still looks and behaves very much like a kitten.

Tortoise in colour with white chest and white paws.

SillySelma-1.jpg

Still missing Selma now 2 weeks. Other cat missing her terribly, any sightings?

Hi,

A young black, long haired cat appeared at our door on Monday night and is hanging around our house ever since. He is very friendly, but a bit skittish. He is very vocal and cries a lot and I am sure he is lost and missing his owners. If anybody recognises the cat in the picture and knows who owns him, can they please reply to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

Brought him to Blacklion vets but they say he's got no chip, we arent supposed to have pets here so cant really hold onto him too much longer, gorgeous and obviously well cared for little dog. Call Lee on 087 6911650

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

retreiver found on greystones beach this morning. I watched him for an hour and a half and he kept wandering onto the tracks.I grew anxious so decided to take him to vets,no micro chip, has collar but no contact details. I have posted on several facebook sites and lost and found websites. local groomers, gardai and will post posters.

https://www.facebook.com/schmel22?sk=timeline#!/photo.php?fbid=10150693204586675&set=a.134661216674.141308.550906674&type=1&theater[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

hes safe and watching the rugby with us,but my dog is a little put out by it all. any info would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Lost near Supervalue and Hillside estate. PM me please
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Lost near Supervalue and Hillside estate. PM me please
    Cheers

I lost a 50 when i had the cab. It was a real bumper night as well with two trips into town and one to Dundrum. I was so annoyed!

Hope you find mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Found €50 near Tesco's the other day. Not sure if it's the same. Bit crumpled and damp.

cheers Glenjamin, unlikely to be mine, wasn't near Tescos when lost, but fair play for checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

cheers Glenjamin, unlikely to be mine, wasn't near Tescos when lost, but fair play for checking.

It was a windy day ;)

dang! i shoulda thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Grey male kitten with a white patch on chest found in Charlesland Wood.
    Approx 6 months old, very friendly un-neutered male. No sign that he was ever wearing a collar either.
    Have him in the house at the moment but can't hold on to him too long as kids allergic to cats.

He is great condition, obviously well cared for.

PM me if this is yours or you know the owners

6851821610_823ba7dc6c_z.jpg

6851826818_4bb5019a24_z.jpg

6997956485_853ed792b2_z.jpg

6997966361_fb9526c53a_z.jpg

***update***
    We had to let him out last night so he spent the night out and about. He turned up again this morning before the school run. Haven't seen him since. I hope he finds his owners or someone that can give him a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

DK32 wrote: »
    Grey kitten with a white patch on chest found Charlesland Wood area. approx 6months old, very friendly. Have him in the house at the moment but can't hold on to him too long as kids allergic to cats.

Believe it or not I was actually the one who was talking to your wife just there at the door looking for the cat's owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

My verbal reasoning skills have deserted me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If he's not neutered then it's unlikely they have chipped him - won't be a wasted effort to scan for a chip. And I'm not sure if they charge you for it...

@ dr ro - what?!! I don't get that remark!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I was trying to figure out what happened by the post, but couldn't get my head around it!

Advertisement