Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

aaronm13 wrote: »
    If true it's a shocking way to opperate a business. I'll be going down the parcel Motel route after this. It's worth the €4 as I always have stuff within a week to 10 days. I once ordered something on a Sunday from AliExpress and had it in my locker that Thursday. It was just standard shipping too. The stuff I'm waiting on was ordered on 24th of August. I wasn't in any rush at the time but actually need one of the things for this weekend.
    Yea sounds like it, but in this case i can't do much about it its first time with such troubles. Im ordering a lot stuff every month there, usually are small cheap devices less than 5e so paying another 4e will be to much so have to stay as is.

Ps. Getting feeling that is organised action from local sellers/government body's to slow down deliveries and make more attractive local purchases :)

joker@ wrote: »
    Yea sounds like it, but in this case i can't do much about it its first time with such troubles. Im ordering a lot stuff every month there, usually are small cheap devices less than 5e so paying another 4e will be to much so have to stay as is.

Ps. Getting feeling that is organised action from local sellers/government body's to slow down deliveries and make more attractive local purchases :)

even you order stuff together sometimes they may be dispatched separately with no way of knowing in advance. so if you were using parcel motel or similar could be hit by numerous €4 charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Seems the neighbours took this one in.
    Oct 11, 2017
    12:14 pm
    DELIVEREDan-post
    Oct 11, 2017
    07:18 am
    ITEM IS ON DELIVERYan-post
    Oct 11, 2017
    12:56 am
    ITEM IS IN TRANSITan-post
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12
    Oct 11, 2017
    12:56 am
    ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTEDan-post
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12
    Oct 10, 2017
    03:57 pm
    ITEM IS IN TRANSITan-post
    ATHLONE MAIL CENTRE CO WESTMEATH
    Oct 10, 2017
    ITEM RECEIVEDan-post
    Oct 10, 2017
    ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTEDan-post
    Oct 10, 2017
    10:48 am
    The item has arrived in the country of destinationpostnl-international
    Oct 06, 2017
    09:35 am
    The item is on transport to the country of destinationpostnl-international
    Oct 03, 2017
    01:08 pm
    The item is processed at the PostNL sorting centerpostnl-international
    Oct 03, 2017
    01:08 pm
    The item is at the PostNL sorting centerpostnl-international
    Oct 03, 2017
    07:31 am
    Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centrepostnl-international
    Oct 02, 2017
    04:40 pm
    The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNLpostnl-international
    Sep 30, 2017
    07:03 am
    The item has left the originating countrypostnl-international
    Sep 29, 2017
    11:58 am
    The item is ready for shipmentpostnl-international
    Sep 28, 2017
    03:20 pm
    The item is lodged to airport warehouse in originating countrypostnl-international
    Sep 28, 2017
    02:15 am
    The item is pre-advisedpostnl-international
    Sep 27, 2017
    11:53 am
    The Item is at the shippers warehousepostnl-international

Note as a tracked/signed item this would normally be faster than the untracked stuff (few bits coming that way).

ED E wrote: »
    Seems the neighbours took this one in.

Note as a tracked/signed item this would normally be faster than the untracked stuff (few bits coming that way).
    Or like mine few days ago (local package not Chinese) left under the door mat. For Chinese still waiting 3 weeks will be now.

Or like mine few days ago (local package not Chinese) left under the door mat. For Chinese still waiting 3 weeks will be now.

Signature forged again on that one :mad:

• Advertisement

Miracle my packages status is "attempted delivery" obviously by ghost rider at 1800 yesterday. Whole family at home, CCTV checked no sign of anyone,no attempt delivery notice left.

Got two items in today and last Friday. 3 and a 1/2 weeks after they arrived in Ireland. BS.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

recent order took 2weeks and 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

What's going on with Anpost??

2017-10-10
    09:53:00The item is being processed by customs
    09:53:00The item has been processed in the country of destination

2017-10-05
    12:46:00The item has arrived in the country of destination

Item arrived in country on 5th. 12 days later, still no sign of it?? Poor service to say the least.

Have another package fron Holland stuck 6 days, not even showed up on anpost system can confirm it with NL post. Other pacakages are here for last month in the system, what a joke.

• Advertisement

Have another package fron Holland stuck 6 days, not even showed up on anpost system can confirm it with NL post. Other pacakages are here for last month in the system, what a joke.

this is just to total crap again.

have items arrived in ireland since nov 20 and no sign of them on the an post system. just leaving them in the corner of a warehouse again....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

glasso wrote: »
    this is just to total crap again.

have items arrived in ireland since nov 20 and no sign of them on the an post system. just leaving them in the corner of a warehouse again....

Yeah An Post is only an internal mail deliverer now...they have no interest in delivering foreign post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Its annoying alright.

I ordered stuff last month, but forgot to check my home address at the checkout and got it sent to Parcel Motel in NI instead. It arrived in a few weeks compared to stuff I ordered months ago to my ROI address and am still waiting for.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Its annoying alright.

I ordered stuff last month, but forgot to check my home address at the checkout and got it sent to Parcel Motel in NI instead. It arrived in a few weeks compared to stuff I ordered months ago to my ROI address and am still waiting for.

with the Christmas rush of stuff from Amazon UK etc not a chance I guess of the stuff from China being looking at. It's a joke really and they get away with it with no repercussions at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

glasso wrote: »
    with the Christmas rush of stuff from Amazon UK etc not a chance I guess of the stuff from China being looking at. It's a joke really and they get away with it with no repercussions at all.

No in fact the government gave them something like 30 million of our tax money this year..presumably to build extra sheds to throw post they can't be assed delivering into :mad:

Hilarious statement on their site "An Post is the backbone of e-commerce in Ireland"...maybe they meant the area below the backbone :D

This thread to continue discussion of long delivery times from China to Ireland.

the other thread was closed down so starting up another one.

I had actually contacted an post last month myself asking about this and this is the reply that I got.

Note the times quotes after delivery in Ireland. So effectively that to me is proving that the prioritization of post from China is very low and basically that you can expect it to be waiting a month In Ireland before delivery, and likely much longer than that as many have experienced.

The transit times for packets from China can be subject to considerable delay, An Post is working with the international carriers and making every effort to process and deliver items as speedily as possible.
    Our current delivery for standard packets from China after arrival in Ireland is 3-4 weeks for standard untracked, 1-2 weeks for registered and 2-3 days for the express service.
    Customers are reminded to always use their full address, including Dublin postal district or county as well as their unique Eircode when shopping online.

Regards

XXXX XXXXX
    An Post, | Customer Services| An Post |Ground Floor | GPO, Lower O'Connell Street | Dublin 1, D01 F5P2 Ireland |
    T: 1850575859 | f: 353 1 8090900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: Ok, in light of the astonishing admission by An Post to glasso in post #677, it seems everyone blaming AP was right. Merged threads and re-opened.

here is a screenshot of the email
    It was received in October.
    I hadn't noticed on first reading that the times quoted were AFTER ARRIVAL in Ireland.
    No reason given for the delay - obviously the items from China are effectively being deliberately slowed - to discourage? due to low/no fees to AP? - whatever - it doesn't matter - fact is AN POST are doing this and have admitted it.
    So you'd be lucky to get it a month after the item gets to Ireland and going by the experience of many in this thread way worse than that.

<SNIP> Can you remove the email address and the contact name and repost please. Thanks

435510.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Just FYI. :)

Many shoppers (myself included) experienced huge difference in shipping time China --> here vs. China --> UK --> here, the least being significantly faster. However, had opposite experience recently - 2 very same items simultaneously bought from the same seller. One shipped directly, one via PW. Direct one came after 6 weeks, PW one today, after 10 weeks. Both properly addressed, both shipped the same day.

• Advertisement

Wait, they know how to use that email account? I never get a reply.

Maybe we should post in cheese sandwiches in poorly sealed packets......

ED E wrote: »
    Wait, they know how to use that email account? I never get a reply.

Maybe we should post in cheese sandwiches in poorly sealed packets......

it came back from a named employee. could have been a moment of madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I wonder was it a typo, I had a Chinapost tracked from 11:11 arrive at the DMC yesterday,
    2017-12-07 11:21 DUBLIN 2, ITEM IS IN TRANSIT
    2017-12-07 11:12 DUBLIN 2, ITEM IN DEPOT - MIS-SORTED
    2017-12-06 17:20 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE EXT, DUBLIN 12, ITEM RECEIVED
    2017-12-06 17:20 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE EXT, DUBLIN 12, ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED
    2017-12-06 17:20 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE EXT, DUBLIN 12, ITEM IS IN TRANSIT
    Origin Country: China
    2017-12-06 17:20 Have reached the destination country
    2017-12-04 11:50 Airlines shipped
    2017-11-20 02:33 Guangzhou Processing Center, arrival
    2017-11-19 18:17 Shenzhen processing Center, Export Direct Seal
    2017-11-19 02:17 Shenzhen, opened for export
    2017-11-18 11:49 Guangdong Shenzhen Collection Center, has left, the next station processing center
    2017-11-18 09:54 Guangdong Shenzhen Collection Center, has been issued
    2017-11-18 09:23 Guangdong Shenzhen Collection Center, has received
    2017-11-14 00:45 The logistics order has been created (quick sell-through platform)
    ======================================