Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Sparko

My mother got her appointment for second dose of AZ this Saturday. 8 weeks to the day since first dose. 68, in the Helix, living in Ashbourne, Co. Meath.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

redved wrote: »
    I don’t see any one completely losing their **** and it’s an entirely natural response to what to get the vaccine as soon as possible.

Sure is... but you have people here going mad that the government are talking about opening registration for 30 to 39 year olds, as if it's some sort of PR stunt and not active and proper preparation.

Wonder will people like you get added to the overall total of jabs provided in the country. Considering its all employees and immediate family(?) its likely to be a few thousand people.

I'd imagine so. Can't see why they wouldn't add my jab to the other Pfizer jabs administered and overall jab count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

spockety wrote: »
    Speaking as a 42 year old from Dublin, it's hilarious to see other 41/42/43 year olds from Dublin completely losing their s**t here about not getting an appointment yet. They're going as fast as the supplies are coming in, fair play to them. It's not their fault your ma and da were riding at the same time as about 100,000 other people.

Cheers for that beautiful image of the late 70’s / early 80’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

My wife and I just got notice of second jab for Pfzier. We were due to get it next Tuesday (22nd) exactly after 28 days. Strange thing is the text said Saturday, so I just assumed it was a few days early. When I checked the date more carefully, it is for Saturday week (26th), so they are running a bit behind it would appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Ahhh Mrs Bottoms arm is seemingly gonna fall off its so sore :p:p

Did your wife get pfizer or Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

So we will be on holiday the week we are due our second jab my wife got her first the day after me so it looks like we have two different days again on same week for second jab ..
    We will be on holiday with a special needs child so not great if one of us has to do a 6 hour return journey on two different days .
    Even if we got same day it would help greatly, rang helpline to explain and they were as good as useless all she suggested was to text back NEW when we get appointment but it would be more than likely a different day on that week and not the following week .
    I asked if we could get done the weekend before but she couldn’t arrange that for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

redved wrote: »
    I don’t see any one completely losing their **** and it’s an entirely natural response to what to get the vaccine as soon as possible.
    Well, there is a mixture of "Are we there yet?" and "How many sleeps to Christmas?" going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Russman

harr wrote: »
    So we will be on holiday the week we are due our second jab my wife got her first the day after me so it looks like we have two different days again on same week for second jab ..
    We will be on holiday with a special needs child so not great if one of us has to do a 6 hour return journey on two different days .
    Even if we got same day it would help greatly, rang helpline to explain and they were as good as useless all she suggested was to text back NEW when we get appointment but it would be more than likely a different day on that week and not the following week .
    I asked if we could get done the weekend before but she couldn’t arrange that for us.

In fairness, and I appreciate your circumstances, its a fine balance they have to find between ensuring we get as many people jabbed as possible and doing everything to assist that, and going down the potential rabbit hole of rearranging appointments to suit everyone's wants. You'd have the world and its mother looking to rearrange their times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Russman

My mother got notification of her second AZ dose for this coming Sunday in Citywest. That'll be 2 days shy of 9 weeks since her first jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭JRant

spockety wrote: »
    Speaking as a 42 year old from Dublin, it's hilarious to see other 41/42/43 year olds from Dublin completely losing their s**t here about not getting an appointment yet. They're going as fast as the supplies are coming in, fair play to them. It's not their fault your ma and da were riding at the same time as about 100,000 other people.

I'm in the same boat and I really don't mind the delay. It should have been communicated in a better manner though. Supply isn't the issue though, it's the pivot to second doses that's causing it. Couple of things that have annoyed me though. First, saying the delay in 30-39 registration was due to a slow uptake in the 40-49 and that refocusing on second doses would have no impact on first dose schedule. There has been no clear data given on the first point and the second point just can't be true with circa 310k doses per week being forecast for the next couple of weeks.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

aodh_rua wrote: »
    Is there a particular time of day for the texts or do they come out as-and-when the system gets to you? Also wondering if the online portal updates ahead of the text.

FWIW - I was Pfizered

#1 sent 18:14 Monday for a 1440 appointment on the next Thursday

#2 sent 17:18 Tuesday for a 1435 appointment the next Thursday

NMG

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Now I'm finally first dose vaccinated, just thinking ahead to dose no.2. For anyone vaccinated after 1 June (everyone 45 and under pretty much), dose no.2 will fall after primary schools have closed. Its an age group that will have a lot of parents of young kids so they are all going to be holidaying (domestically) in an 8 week window starting end of June. Long story short, lots and lots of second doses clashing with holidays. I hope they have thought ahead to this. If you refuse one day, no point after you the next day, etc. I wonder will they allow you by then to get second doses by appointment in convenient pharmacies? Gonna be messy if not.

I know people who have travelled back to Dublin last week from Kerry, for their shot and returned to their hotel break afterwards. If you want the shot badly enough it won't be an issue

Obviously they will offer other appointments if you choose not to return for the 2nd dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Now I'm finally first dose vaccinated, just thinking ahead to dose no.2. For anyone vaccinated after 1 June (everyone 45 and under pretty much), dose no.2 will fall after primary schools have closed. Its an age group that will have a lot of parents of young kids so they are all going to be holidaying (domestically) in an 8 week window starting end of June. Long story short, lots and lots of second doses clashing with holidays. I hope they have thought ahead to this. If you refuse one day, no point after you the next day, etc. I wonder will they allow you by then to get second doses by appointment in convenient pharmacies? Gonna be messy if not.

Can't exactly organise a vaccine rollout around school holidays so that it suits the people getting it on the off chance that their in a different county, that's not the HSEs issue to be quite honest, it's a personal issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

Getting vaccine on Sun 20th in Wexford aged 41

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

There are people who say "Western Problems" on this one. Not trying to sound like an idiot, but getting your vaccine means you won't have a holiday to hospital or ICU which is a good price to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

AstraZeneca second dose Sunday 20 June CityWest
    Age 69.
    First dose received 20 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Any 50+ folks who got Pfizer in the last four weeks gotten the call for 2nd shot yet? This Saturday will be 28 days since I got my first and wondering should I expect a text this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

axe2grind wrote: »
    1st pfizer 20th May (Thurs) Greystones

2nd dose
    text 15th June
    app 20th June (Sunday) Greystones.

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Looks like the first Pfizer jab wasn't too bad for me. 48 hours later and no pain. Noticed the arm getting really sore about four hours after the jab and that lasted until last night. Woke up this morning and it was much better. Don't know if it's related at all but for what it's worth, my persistent eczema that has been pestering me for the last year or so is suddenly gone. Probably nothing to do with it but if it did, brilliant! I hear the second dose can make you really sick though so I'm prepared to take a couple of days off after that one.

Just out of curiosity, did all of you register on the exact day your age group was called to register? I did, took ten days and first dose done. Hopefully the second one will go as smoothly. Honestly I have no idea how people are selected (a raffle?) but hopefully everyone will get theirs soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

There are people who say "Western Problems" on this one. Not trying to sound like an idiot, but getting your vaccine means you won't have a holiday to hospital or ICU which is a good price to pay.

Sorry, I should perhaps have clarified. On vaccine no. 1 my wife had this very issue (we were 3 hours away) and did indeed travel back during the June bank holiday weekend, just as you suggest, even though it ruined our first weekend break in over a year. But that's just us, I suspect most people on vaccine no.2 in particular might be less enthusiastic about breaking mid holiday. I'm speculating but I suspect a lot of people in July will want to defer, and defer by at least a week. I was just highlighting that issue. As is apparent from my posts on here I'd walk across broken glass for the vaccine but talking to friends I'm seen as a vaccine zealot in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BallyRockDeep

24 got Pfizer today and a date for my 2nd dose already exactly 4 weeks from today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Any 50+ folks who got Pfizer in the last four weeks gotten the call for 2nd shot yet? This Saturday will be 28 days since I got my first and wondering should I expect a text this week?

Mother’s waiting for her second still. 29 days since the first today.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Mother’s waiting for her second still. 29 days since the first today.

I'm 50+ and 32 days since I got the first vaccination, still waiting on word for the second one, Pfizer vaccine Enniscorthy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm 50+ and 32 days since I got the first vaccination, still waiting on word for the second one, Pfizer vaccine Enniscorthy

HSE Helpline told us if it gets to 32 days (Friday) to ring back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mar2000

I got the text yesterday for my second shot which is this Saturday 19th June - 29 days after my first jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Have you checked the portal? I know plenty of mid 50s people who have had their second vaccine in the past 10 days. In each case the initial offer was exactly 28 days later. Don’t wait for a text, check the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Marcusm wrote: »
    Have you checked the portal? I know plenty of mid 50s people who have had their second vaccine in the past 10 days. In each case the initial offer was exactly 28 days later. Don’t wait for a text, check the portal.

Just checked the website, nothing, awaiting vaccine 2 red dot.
    Day 29 for me. Think limerick is running few days behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

Finally just done, Pfizer in Cork City Hall. Just the 29 days after registration! All very smooth, arrived early, told it was OK and done in 20 mins including 15 mins in observation. Nurse told me they are nearly finished the 40-44s, she couldn't believe I was 1976 only getting vaccinated today. Anyway, all water under the bridge. Going to have a beer in the city now....:)

Delighted for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Pat_bottom

forestgirl wrote: »
    Did your wife get pfizer or Moderna

She got Pfizer.

Advertisement