Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm - New schedule coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭TheDavester

christ….probably goodbye too to Donnacha and Carl, if they do widescale change…But if you look at each of the breakfast crew individually they're all annoying, unfunny and lacking talent. Whoever thought those 3 would make decent morning radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Lord Nelson

Must be about time 2FM had another relaunch and name change?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Yeah, the redtops are a very reliable source. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's great what you can do when you don't have to ever worry about making a profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,355 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Shan Doras

Do ya remember back in 2012-2016ish most 2fm schedule changes used to revealed here by very low post accounts months in advance ? It was revealed on Facebook who was doing that, it was someone who worked there behind the scenes since the 70s with a bit of a chip on his shoulder about the Dan Healy/Paul Russell administration, he has since retired which is why it doesn't happen anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭TheBMG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I predict the only changes will be Laura Fox going to breakfast and someone else taking over her current weekend morning slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,449 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I'd expect Laura Fox to get a bit of a promotion to a full time week gig.

Fair play to her, she has worked her way up from local radio to online radio to fill-in to weekend and now potentially weekdays. I'll always have respect for that. She wasn't just handed a cushy number because of name or bought a slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

with the news of the 2johnnies leaving it was said there was to be a "Summer Schedule" on 2FM. That's a reminder to me of the good old days when the big names on RTE Radio 1 and 2FM would align their work with the secondary school terms and the likes of Gay and Pat and Marion and Gerry would vanish for the three months of summer. In this case, though, it seems more of an emergency measure and for a big relaunch in September. I imagine that JZ is holidaying on those sundays she had to work on Dancing With The Stars and should be back in June and the remaining 2 lads will steer breakfast. Will Afric get the afternoon slot solo till September?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Zamparelli out.

"I have been working in 2FM for 10 amazing years and now it's time for me to move on. It has been a really difficult decision to make as I love my team, and of course chatting to you guys (the listeners) every morning. From the early starts on Breakfast Republic those years ago, to opening up the phone lines again from 9-12pm, I have loved every minute. Within this time I have gotten married and had two kids and now I feel it's their time. Florence and Enzo are growing so fast it's scary and I really feel now is the time to give them a little more of me, so I won't be returning to my daily radio show."

PS. It looks like they're deleting comments on the Instagram post. There were a few added only 2-3 minutes after the post went live. Now they're gone. But, filling up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think it might be time for Kevin Bakhurst to call Dan Healy into his office and ask what the hell is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Expunge

Jesus, there are some greedy feckers in that place. The first sign of some discipline being imposed and they scurry away.

Not the sort of people to decline a "gift" for the sake of Public Service Broadcasting.

I never want to see or hear any of them again on RTE. Let them live and die on Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

A good day. If they’re running so quickly when a bit of discipline is imposed then they were a waste of space to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Jenny Z is hanging up her head phones.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Apparently Dan told a "Town Hall" meeting in RTE yesterday that he's all about bringing through fresh talent and has done lots of this already, with some Pulse presenters.

I don't know if anyone there had the decency to laugh in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

What was it he said last week about her leaving? Oh ya……"Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t, Bullsh!t"

I also think Backhurst is very comfortable with all of this.

He can't go cap in hand to the Dept looking to fund 400 voluntary redundancies with the risk of another Doireann or Jennifer related Instagram land mine exploding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Jack0125

I would think these are all steps in a cost reduction plan. Backhurst has to show some change, or a bit like the Government dictat to FAI, no governance changes/no funding.

2fm had to be subsidized by €3.6m of license fee money in the 2022 published RTE accounts. 2fm is not a public service.

Staff 2FM with shows with 1 presenter (instead of x3 for breakfast and x2 for Drive). There are set song lists from what I hear, so a lot of these presenters dont actually have much choice over the songs played.

Either make 2FM wash its face with advertising, or sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm glad I put a few € on this coming to fruit 🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

sounds like theyre bringing in cheaper labour. i said it above, there will be current fill in 2fm presenters / weekend presenters given primetime weekday slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭TheDavester

bbc/us and uk market are salivating over the free talents …. Or maybe not

the head wrecker Laura Fox surely will replace her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Dan Healy aka Head of Audio Strategy and 2fm, I imagine he will soon be Director of Content Audio before the year is up.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

Just came across this Brought back memories of when 2FM was relevant and staffed by real radio enthusiasts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭flazio

How relevant is BBC Radio 1 to youngsters in the UK these days? It's been the model that 2fm moulds itself on since its inception. But these days I feel like Radio 2 is the more relevant music station over there. Maybe it's time for 2fm to aim for Irish equivalent of BBC radio 2 listeners rather than BBC Radio 1.

Like 2fm, BBC radio 1 doesn't seem to be as ageist as it was in the early 2010s. Chris Moyles was deemed too old for their breakfast show in 2012 at the age of 38 but their current breakfast host is 38 now and recently got a new contract. It's similar to how Rick O'Shea and Will Leahy were frogmarched to Gold when they were the age Tracy Clifford is today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement