Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MG electric models

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

That's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

My Parents were in looking at these in dealer this week and the sales guys said there was no point in showing it or going for a test drive as if their ordered that day be at least July and even possible it would not be delivered up to 12 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What a weird dealer. At least let them off for a test drive but say the delivery times could be upto one year to set expectations.

MG have thousands made ready to ship but they just need the chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Had a look at one in a dealer in cork yesterday. I didnt want to test drive it at the time. Was more a quick visit to a few garages trying to narrow my shortlist.

Dealer was saying September for the higher spec ZS. Said if I want a test drive just give him a call with 2 days notice to make sure they have the car available. Golf clubs fit in the boot with the woods out. The test I wanted to do yesterday.

Looks like a nice car given the discount to some of the others. Not as nice as the Niro but its at a not insignificant discount. What trade in the dealers offer would be enough to move me presuming no massive difference when I would test drive a few cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I put a deposit down for the higher spec ZS on Saturday. Delivery due in August so hopefully there isn't more delays.

As for the trade in, I got slightly less than some other dealers but that guarantees the trade in price for August so its pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭farrells

I put a deposit down for Exclusive spec on 6th Jan, ordered Silver as I was told Black were out of stock and would be June delivery. I was told over the weekend by my Dublin dealer (northside) that the original April delivery has been changed to October! Should I take my deposit back and wait, or should I at least change the order to the colour I wanted (Black) and just be patient? What are the chances of the order being delivered earlier, even if MG get the semi-conductors in and fitted faster than expected? I also put my current focus diesel in on part exchange for this so where do I stand on that? Should the dealer cover the price as its not my fault they change the goalposts? I was really considering cancelling the order and just waiting later in the year and order a 231 reg instead. If its going to be Oct, I could wait another 2 months and get a 231. What would you do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Order the colour you want, you're going to be waiting a long while now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If you cancel and reorder, you will pay 1250 extra, those cars increased last few weeks , know someone who has one ordered since January 6th as well , they were originally told April and got call a week later that it would be August

I'd stick with you're order , a 222 reg is way cooler

I think if you alter the order you are getting a new order and going into batch 3, which is set for Jan 2023. If you don't mind waiting then it's not a bad thing.

There is always a chance it could be earlier, but also just as much a chance as them being pushed further.

Thanks all, I spoke to the dealer this evening as I only got an email on Saturday advising this. They said that all prices\deposits and Trade in values will stand for the order in October so I am happy enough to wait. I did ask them if they could change the colour to black. Said they would check it tomorrow and cant see it being a problem as the car hasn't even been produced yet. Hopefully it might be earlier than October or its going to be a hell of a wait!

• Advertisement

The MG system isn't very sophisticated so if the car isn't on the boat it just shows a date some 3-4 months in the future. But they are getting small batches of cars sent over all the time so it has happened that people just randomly get calls saying their car is there.

There is a big boat due in March but that is getting loaded with all the other cars they make and a few hundred 5s and a few of the short range ZS. I presume they want delaers to have the cheaper short range in the showroom for when they increase the price by 2 grand they can keep the adverts as *From €31K

It's not that surprising that they might under promise and over deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Why dont they just ship the cars now without the chips and fly the chips over when they are ready?

I cant change the color despite the order not being fulfilled until Oct. If there are any adjustments after the order has been made then it resets the delivery date to 2023! Im going to Stick with Silver & fingers crossed it arrives in earlier, i might get an early cancellation 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

You could ask them to let you know if anyone cancels one in the same spec/colour. I got lucky with my order, it was going to be September but someone canceled the same one for August delivery when I was in signing the contract so they put that one down for me instead

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

We have been looking at the new ZS as a second car and the Short range ZS with 320km makes perfect sense for us. Has anyone any idea when they are going to be released here and pricing. I'm seeing in France and Germany that they are approx € 4k cheaper than the long range

They are landing in the UK at the moment, few showrooms have them.

There is a few hundred due on a boat expected in March to the UK. So we might get some of them. It would be worth asking about them now. You might get lucky while others are waiting on the long range you could snag one.

I think UK they are £2500 cheaper, so whatever that converts into € . Maybe 3,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭podge3

I saw the 2022 facelift ZS EV model today in the metal and it looked really good in silver.

Post edited by podge3 on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

When's the facelift M5 out?

• Advertisement

Have any of the new ZS arrived yet ?, when is first shipment due ?

I walked past it thinking oh that's fancy and into the dealer to ask if they had any MG ZS to look at 😂. He said it's right behind you!! I'd totally missed that it was the ZS as it looked so nice.

I was surprised at how nice it is in real life, it was a silver one too. I've only seen silvers in two dealers.

Keep an eye on April/May. Boat on its way in March with a few hundred 5s. Id be surprised if they sent the old model. Much more likely that they will have them in showrooms in April.

Mine was due Feb, it is now pushed to May/June. I do hear talk of small boat loads getting through, they are at the port and will buy any left over spots on Tesla shipments, but the cars are all booked in the UK market so not much hope if them getting over here.

There are two boats that just rounded the coast of Spain and are heading for Bristol that people are hoping have a bunch of MGs on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I wonder will MG be able to shoehorn the 72KWh battery into it. Would certainly make for a long range competitor to the ID3 Tour at that rate and probably be more than €5k cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

It looks like mg zs will be available only around April, may. Is it possible to get an MG5 Ev without much delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

If you don't have a ZS on order then you are looking at Jan 23 to get one.

The 5 might be a bit handier. Boat load hitting the UK this month.

• Advertisement

Sorry, missed your question. In January when I put down my deposit, I was looking for Black but was told it would be July or Aug (before I was told of the massive delay) so I ordered the silver instead. Asked the dealer if I could change the colour after I found out my order was delayed until November, but said that if I change the colour it would change the order and therefore the timeline to 2023 so I'm sticking with Silver! Does anybody know what the process is for the Wall box installation? Dealer said that they take care of the lot, I just sign a form ( I assume so the installer can claim the SEAI Grant), does anybody know the make or model of wall box? I have a small porch on the front of my house, the fuse box is on the inside wall of the porch so was hoping that I could have the wall box install inside the porch instead of outside. I cant see why not, the cable would still reach the car in the drive and it wouldn't be exposed to the elements either??

Advertisement