Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we have a cannabis board?

Options
  • 27-04-2002 12:48pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking about it and I wonder what the reaction would be to a Cannabis board. Specifically for people to talk/argue about:

1. Legalisation
    2. Health Issues
    3. Policy and policing issues.
    4. Social impact and personal experience.
    5. Where to get reaaaaaally good skunk from.

(ok, forget number 5 :) )

I'll have to talk to the other admins about this one as it a potential powder-keg but if there were strict rules then I think it would serve a useful purpose and might even be educational.
    Whether you support decriminalisation or not, informed people make informed choices.

I'm not sure what the legal implications are but surely talking about the subject isnt illegal so I cant see how we could get into trouble...

The thought also crosses my mind that we might be better expanding it to cover all drugs but I'll have to think about that.

DeV.

Should we have a cannabis board? 98 votes

yes a cannabis board is a good idea make it so
    0% 0 votes
    no a a cannabis board is not a good idea leave it be
    37% 37 votes
    how about a board for discussing drugs in general
    24% 24 votes
    yes but Leagle issues may need to be checked first
    20% 20 votes
    Atari jaguar (i dont care)
    17% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That might just get you 12 clicked from the internet! :D
    Great idea, but some people think that mass murder is a great idea too! Better check the aul law books there methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

I think it's a good idea. though you might as well make it a board for discussing all drugs. As long as the 'Drugs are great, everyone should take drugs' type posts are tightly controlled then I can't see too many problems arising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Well... there are two sides to this...

This forum could be used to discuss the health issues, legislation, etc. but ALSO the best and safest methods of ingestion (therefore being a GOOD thing)... knowledge isn't illegal.

On the other hand, it also has the potential for people to start doing deals and being general muppets. So I dunno...

I'd go with it, but not for other drugs. There's no way there'd be a nice conversation about heroin which wouldn't end with someone making an outburst about someone they know whose life was ruined cause of it... too many bad vibes. Cannibas ain't that bad in that regard tho... So it has my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by DeVore
    I've been thinking about it and I wonder what the reaction would be to a Cannabis board. Specifically for people to talk/argue about:

1. Legalisation
    2. Health Issues
    5. Where to get reaaaaaally good skunk from.

(ok, forget number 5 :) )

DeV.

Could do no harm. There's nothing illegal about it (apart from number 5 possibly- knowing assitance of an illegal act). As you said information gives indivduals the facts and not the myth/propaganda.

As for a drugs board, it may be very helpful for people trying to deal with addiction in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm. There might be a load of legal stuff stopping you but i cant think what :confused::confused: . It would be funny though. See what people have to say...... youll have my vote on that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

Originally posted by lordsippa

I'd go with it, but not for other drugs. There's no way there'd be a nice conversation about heroin which wouldn't end with someone making an outburst about someone they know whose life was ruined cause of it... too many bad vibes. Cannibas ain't that bad in that regard tho... So it has my vote.

I think these 'bad vibes' are exactly what a drugs discussion board needs. I for one would like to hear the views of those who's lives have been directly affected by illegal drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I think it's a good idea. These discussions don't fit terribly well into Humanities or Politics, and I do think that the idea of a board where people can discuss safety issues etc (say, the various testing kits for MDMA or whatever) is sound.

Moderation would really just be a case of keeping it inside the law. Discussion as to where to acquire drugs (beyond the safety issues) or dealing on the board is obviously the biggest worry. I'm sure some of the existing moderators would be happy to help out however - I know I would be, if required. I suggest that it be strongly moderated, though, because the potential for REALLY illegal stuff there is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

its a good idea as long as its kept as an informative board and not "for sale" or "wanted" drugs board. you'll need a good few admins to make sure its kept legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

I think this is a good idea and I cant see any major muppetry.
    As long its moderated well and I dont think anyones stupid
    enought to try to deal drugs on the internet, are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yea might aswell
    should be about all drugs though
    what would it be called?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

you could have it locked like the CS boards, to keep the muppets out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 freemasons

i think it would be a bad idea.

drugs are bad, they destroie peoples lives. if you are telling people how to make drugs you are only making the problem worser.

everyone is affected by drugs. corey from slipknot smkoed a hash joint in his mouth for half an hour and then went into a coma for a week.

do you really want this to happen to everyone on this bored?

How does discussing...

1. Legalisation
    2. Health Issues

imply the board will be anything such as a Homemade guide to your own Doobie!?

I accept your concern and thats why if it is introduced it would need to have a clear charter and enforcement of the rules.

1. Legalisation
    2. Health Issues

freemasons, i see nothing in the proposed charter about MAKING the stuff ?

we all know drugs are bad mkay ? bud so is booze, and fags, yet ppl still partake as of their own choice....

.........money making idea

i say lets have the board, boards can become a the VENUS FLY TRAP for ppl that want to score, then boards pass on the info to COPS.

a sting baby ya !

append :

dammit 80P, you got in seconds b4 me !

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

I'm all for a cannabis board... I think there are a lot of misconceptions about the drug that maybe could be discussed on the boards in a moderated fasion...

Have you had any thoughts about who's going to be moderator?

I'd be happy to help, if you'd like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 freemasons

Originally posted by Super Noodle
    I'm all for a cannabis board... I think there are a lot of misconceptions about the drug that maybe could be discussed on the boards in a moderated fasion...

Have you had any thoughts about who's going to be moderator?

I'd be happy to help, if you'd like

i think is their is a druggie board, then anyone who is going to post to it shoudl have to take a drugs test.

that way no junkies will ruin it.

\begin pulling of leg

ooo a drugs test !!

question 1 ) a drug close to MING THE MERCILESS's heart

question 2 ) this drug is popular in asia, begins with an O

questoin 3 ) and so on....

\end pulling of leg

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

YES! YES!

Vote Ming and smoke da dope!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I have a question... If this board does go ahead, will there be a green background with the leaf at the top of the page or what will be the story? I think that would be a good idea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Tips on making a T-joint!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i can see only bad things coming from this

sooner or later some parents is going to see their little kiddie reading the cannabis board and freak out.

then comes the call to the internet hotline and the lawyers roll in (no pun intended)

just my 2c

MiCr0

I believe I'm right in thinking that p45.net* have a "Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll " board...

And if its good enough for that shower then its good enough for us :D

*I was told by a friend honestly- never visit there meself!

OMG,

Looky here, believe it or not they ahve a thread running at the moment about cannabis...
    http://www.p45rant.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17579

Just for spite, lets do it :)

i used to smoke da weed, but unfortunately i can't anymore :(

i'd love to moderate this board, and will take a drug test to prove im not a junkie ;) and i know i'll pass since i did one a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I see nothing wrong with talking openly and educating people about it. I support that. But you would seriously be putting Boards.ie in the firing line of some narrow minded people.

Of course I'll support Boards all the way on this one if ye want to go through with it.

I can just hear the eejits screaming "The children, the children! Won't someone please think of the children!"

There are a lot of young Boards members and afaik P45 attracts a more adult crowd so it would be perhaps less controversial on there.

But sher if they don't like it they don't have to read it. Maybe a private board to keep the kids (and in that way Mammy and Daddy's solicitors) out would be worth a thought.

I'm up for it anyway and I would take part in it for sure.

But sher if they don't like it they don't have to read it. Maybe a private board to keep the kids (and in that way Mammy and Daddy's solicitors) out would be worth a thought.

how do you know if someone is a kid or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Good point.

Well you could ask them to state that they are an adult and then if the parents complain blame it on the kid for lying about their age.

There's the standard pub test, i.e. "What year were you born in?".
    Believe it or not this "test" used to be used on Bulmers.ie before.

Then there's the "Leisure Suit Larry" method. A quiz that only an adult could ever pass! teehee:D That would be good for a laugh.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

well seem as Dev asked:

IMHO your just looking for trouble with a board like that - with all the good intentions in the world, it's going to attract muppets like flies around s**te :(

It's a shame, as the idea is good, but its going to attract that element.

Originally posted by BuffyBoy
    well seem as Dev asked:

IMHO your just looking for trouble with a board like that - with all the good intentions in the world, it's going to attract muppets like flies around s**te :(

It's a shame, as the idea is good, but its going to attract that element.

if its moderated right, then there shouldn't be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

In my opinion, if it's monitored carefully, then i dont see why not a cannabis board cant exist... I'll also take a drug test. :-)

Advertisement