Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 30" LCD TV,23/05/05

Options
  • 16-05-2005 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

lidl had these in before at €1400 I think, anybody know what kind of quality they
    are,,,,link
    and here are the specs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

tempted, but spending 1000 euros at Lidl, hmmmm.... not so sure about that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

The last time LIDL had 'em, it was a 27" for €999 as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BumFluffy

lensman wrote:
    ...and here are the specs

will this play NTSC stuff I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It was 1400 last time , mate got one Sky Digital looks lovely on it but his other satelltie stations (russian etc:) look manky.

So if source good they fantastic ie DVD Sky but cable may look crappy.

I want one but poor :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi Positron - If it is any consolation I bought one of the 28 or 29 inch LCD TVs (Tevion I think) in Aldi the last time they had them. Picture brilliant, sound brilliant - no problems with it at all. Picture I think is better / crisper than the Sony 100 hz I have downstairs.

OK it's not one of these Targa TV's but my point is that at that price I would take a chance on it. I would jump at it if I had the money.

I think these guys offer a money back guarantee - "If you're not happy, Lever Bros. will give you your money back" kinda thing.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Dummy (err, ah well!) :)

I read good reviews about that ALDI lcd in avforums as well, but there isn't much about Lidl TARGAs out there, anyone know how much they are in other shops?

I am very tempted to get one of these, but after reading avforums, it looks like lcd prices are coming down on a weekly basis, and there will be better bargains in months to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭halkar

Sweet, I was almost buying one of these before xmas when they were €1400, now glad I didn't. For €999 I hope I make it for one next week :D

Here is the manual (right click and save) if anyone curious ;)

No worries. Had a look at Komplett.ie and they had LCD TVs at "reasonable" prices but not 999. It's the same story there, brand names I've never heard of.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10616

Yeah the prices of these things do appear to be dropping quite fast. But I followed a discussion in Boards.ie about HDTV which will make most of our TV's redundant. I don't know very much about HDTV but I guess if you're going to spend that sort of money, it's important to check if it is HDTV compatible.

Take care.

Well done Halkar.

Page 7 of the manual says it is HDTV ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

very tempted here,.........since I started this thread I discovered that my sister in law bought the Targa 27 LCD in Lidl Donegal 6mths ago they say the pic is perfect and their watching Chorus analogue !!
    One point,....1 station would not tune correctly & was snowy, they thought it was the Chorus signal, but the service guy said no it's the tv so they called the service center and they called the next day with a complete new LCD TV, how's
    that for service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭halkar

Dummy wrote:
    Well done Halkar.

Page 7 of the manual says it is HDTV ready

Also it says SXGA 1280 x 1024 pixel rather than 1280 x 768 pixel in specs web. Very very tempting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I work for the company that services these and all the pc's from Lidl and we have had very few back. I've been tempted to get one from our stores for myself.

halkar wrote:
    Also it says SXGA 1280 x 1024 pixel rather than 1280 x 768 pixel in specs web. Very very tempting :D
    stawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwp, your killing me :(:(

Anyone know if it’s Lidl where they won’t accept Mastercard and Visa? Or is it Aldi? Just wanted to clear that up before I consider this one seriously!

Positron - I don't think either of them accept credit cards.

The other thing to bear in mind that from past experiences, there is generally a queue of people waiting for the stores to open to get things like tvs etc. and these things go PDQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dummy wrote:
    Positron - I don't think either of them accept credit cards.

The other thing to bear in mind that from past experiences, there is generally a queue of people waiting for the stores to open to get things like tvs etc. and these things go PDQ.
    Great. So I get to stand around near Darndale at 5am with a €1000 in my pocket... sounds like an adventure!

don't think either of them accept credit cards.

Damn! One less in the queue so! bl**dy backward !! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Richersounds and Currys are doing 32inch lcds of very high quality, di def ready for E1500 so forget your Lidl brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭crang

Currys are doing a very good quality 32" LG electronics LCD at the moment for €1499.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

IIRC the last time they (LIDL) had the large LCD tvs in my home town they didn't sell well at all, and were discounted by €100 after a month

• Advertisement

Great. So I get to stand around near Darndale at 5am with a €1000 in my pocket... sounds like an adventure!

just to be sure,...what colour coat will you be wearing,... :D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

remember people this screen will not work for Sky's new High Defination service when it launches in January

TCP/IP - It says in the manual that it is HDTV ready. Halkar posted the link to the manual already. Is this the same thing?

It may be classed as HD ready because it will display a 720p or 1080i signal but there is no mention of hdcp encription or either a hdmi input that will be needed for Sky Digital HD

Hmmmmm - so every TV I have becomes redundant in a few months - we only have Sky in the house, no cable

it will not become redundent it will all still work fine you just will need a plasma/lcd screen that fits the bill to accept Sky digital if you want to use there High Def service

TCP/IP wrote:
    It may be classed as HD ready because it will display a 720p or 1080i signal but there is no mention of hdcp encription or either a hdmi input that will be needed for Sky Digital HD
    It does have a DVI connector so could'nt you use a DVI to HDMI cable. Or if you already have a DVI cable, you can use a DVI to HDMI adapter, page 18 of the user manual also mentions HDCP connection,.. :confused:
    Aldi in Germany seem to have an even better bargain, see here

some more info here

i was just about to eat humble pie sorry i did not reliase there was a manual. Indeed it does seem to support HDCP and in fact I was thinking about buying one when i read that it does not support 720p/50hz and 1080i/50hz instead it does it at 60hz so therefore will not work with SkyHD. If you could find out it did 50hz it would be a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dummy wrote:
    Hmmmmm - so every TV I have becomes redundant in a few months - we only have Sky in the house, no cable
    Yeah. I got a letter from Sky the other day saying they're coming around to my house with big hammers to smash up all my redundant television sets.

• Advertisement

MonkeyFudge - That's terrible! Don't let them in when they arrive.

Advertisement