Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Beers

Options
  • 20-02-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Forum Games Beers anyone?

We can play 20Q or Werewolf or talk about boring things like our lives. I'll bring Munchkin.

We had a nice time in November and I can confirm none of the others are the Ed Gein sort (maybe Trit (not really)).

Now, I'm a big filthy muck savage who's not familiar with the big city so we'll need someone else to come up with a venue.

We can rule out The Black Sheep, Coppers and Diceys (I don't know many Dublin pubs/clubs)

I vote first or second Saturday in April, the 1st or the 8th. Should hopefully be enough time in advance for everyone.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In! Any date really.

Can I suggest an afternoon meet, maybe somewhere we could play boardgames or something? Meeting later last time meant things got noisy and difficult to hear each other. Or maybe that was just because of the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm in.

I wouldn't be a fan of returning to the Black Sheep - primarily because there's no Guinness!

Somewhere quiet would be good. O'Connell's on South Richmond Street comes to mind - no music and just a quiet local boozer close to the city. It's nothing fancy but would suit us werewolves. It's just a suggestion for consideration. Any boozer close to a Dublin Bus stop is grand by me.

As for the date, just make sure we don't pick Good Friday!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm in. But not the 8th April as I'll be in Galway having cycled there on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm in. But not the 8th April as I'll be in Galway having cycled there on the 7th.

Let's all go to Galway, Blue Note would probably work

I'd be happy with Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'll be taking it handy as I'm cycling back on the Sunday, but Galway could be fun.

I also got a pm about somewhere in Dublin around temple bar. It's a chillout place with biscuits and rooms and stuff and you pay by the minute. They offered a rate for ww games I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

i am in if it's the 8th or mostly any other date bar the 1st... Gotta got to the Rugby QF that day.

End of March suits me too, or the 22nd April or later cos exams

1st or 8th are just suggestions like

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'm in.

I wouldn't be a fan of returning to the Black Sheep - primarily because there's no Guinness!

Somewhere quiet would be good. O'Connell's on South Richmond Street comes to mind - no music and just a quiet local boozer close to the city. It's nothing fancy but would suit us werewolves. It's just a suggestion for consideration. Any boozer close to a Dublin Bus stop is grand by me.

As for the date, just make sure we don't pick Good Friday!

It would be hard to say no to O'Connell's! Stones throw from my house!

• Advertisement

It would be hard to say no to O'Connell's! Stones throw from my house!

After sesh in PJs gaf

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

so have we agreed upon dublin? late march time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm sorry to say that I'll it again. I think I'll be in the states until June at least, but I'd be up for the third drinks at some stage later in the year.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say that I'll it again. I think I'll be in the states until June at least, but I'd be up for the third drinks at some stage later in the year.

I'll miss it^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'll miss it^

Lol you can edit

Tigger wrote: »
    Lol you can edit

I'm set in my ways at this stage tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Same as Barney, I'd love to go but I can't see it happening. At the moment I have no plans to be in Ireland yet this year until August.
    Tigger wrote: »
    Lol you can edit

This genuinely made me laugh. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Did yous have your beers already?

If the 8th's still being thrown around I might be in the vicinity and wouldn't mind upping the grumpiness of the group

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭tritium

Will miss it if its the 8th. If i dont make this one ill do the next :)

tritium wrote: »
    Will miss it if its the 8th. If i dont make this one ill do the next :)

Unless it's in Galway I too will miss the one on the 8th.

• Advertisement

So, August then guys?

Late August works for me, when's Flushy home?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭tritium

First week or last week in August would be best for me. If that doesnt work for others though no worries, ill catch the next one

Would ye be looking at a midweek night or a weekend night or a weekend afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

August is good for me.

Would ye be looking at a midweek night or a weekend night or a weekend afternoon?

Last time was evening and it got very hard to chat towards the end of the night. Maybe that was just the venue though and elsewhere at the same time wouldn't be as much an issue.

If we're going to have a proper live game (which I think would be a great idea), then maybe afternoon is the way to go with carry over after the game for anyone who wants it.

When in August are you here?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Would love to go to this if it suits and if ye'd have me. Have a wedding in early august but free besides that

I'm getting in on Friday 18th pretty late and leaving Tuesday 29th. The plan was initially to head to Tipp first, maybe Kilkenny for a day then back to Dublin to collect some Germans who are visiting from Fri 25th-29th. All of that means I'd probo only be available Saturday 26th in afternoon coz my flight gets in on Friday night late so timing probably wouldn't work out. Hadn't realised how tight my schedule was actually. :o:( Having worked that out, I'd say ye are probo best planning away without me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Late August works for me will be away for the first 3 weeks or so

• Advertisement

August 26th as a start place then so?

Necro you're more than welcome of course, its a free for all for anyone that may be lurking either, the more the merrier

Advertisement