Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry v Donegal All Ireland football final 2014 - Mod warning Post #598

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I really don't know how to call this game.

I have never been convinced that Kerry are fully prepared to be contenders just yet, and that they ate at this stage because their side of the draw was much easier than the other side. It was always going to be Kerry Cork or Mayo.

Donegal have surprised me even more, eventhoug the Ulster draw was favorable to them I was not convinced that they had it in them to proceed much further.
    But they have.

I think Kerry are again relying on a lot of things to go right.
    Moran to have another big game, Donaghey to do the same, SOB to be fit enough, Marc O Se to be able to stick with it, all the going guys to keep playing at the level they have done so far.

I'll go for a Donegal win even though I would not like them to.

You are being terribly hard on Kerry here. If you look at the other side of the draw and look at potential QF opponents, you have Armagh and Monaghan. Maybe Monaghan could give Kerry a match but I'd fancy Kerry to beat them. Although Armagh gave Donegal a bit of a rattle, they are still a relegated division 2 side and Kerry should have seen them off. Then you have Donegal - Dublin. We'll see how Kerry fare against Donegal tomorrow. That leaves only Dublin. Actually, before the QF's, I would have rated Mayo as better than all the teams on the other side of the draw except for Dublin.

In fairness, every team that has ever won an AI rely on things to go right. I actually dont think Kerry will rely on Donaghy much tomorrow. That was a key weak point in the Mayo team. And Kerry exploited it brilliantly. Fitzmaurice will know that Donegal will be better prepared to deal with that tactic - it wouldnt be hard to handle it better than Mayo did!

You could also easily apply the same logic to Donegal - you are relying on Michael Murphy to have a big match again, their midfield to be as influential as it was against Dublin etc. Like Dublin, Kerry possess a genuine goal threat. Dublin didnt put away their goal chances but what if Kerry do?

Stinicker has that wrapped up.

He does have a point about Galway though. At times they ran through ye too easily. I'd say though if they had scored a couple of goals you still had the extra gear.

In theory, the 2 games against Mayo should have improved Kerry a lot since that match though.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lads keep it civil or bans will be handed out, warning has been given!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Upper hogan 734, wheres everyone else at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

In theory, the 2 games against Mayo should have improved Kerry a lot since that match though.

Well,we'll find that out tomorrow,won't we!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Donegal completely shut out the Dublin full forward line, and if they manage the same v Kerry they'll win.

Do Kerry have enough scoring threat from out the field ?

I think donegal will edge it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

'Twas thus I lived, skin to skin with the earth,
    Elbowed by the hills, drenched by the billows,
    Watching the wild geese making black wedges,
    By Skelligs far west and Annascaul of the willows.
    Their voices came on every little wind,
    Whispering across the half-door of the mind,
    For always I am Kerry...

C'MON THE ****ING KINGDOM!

*with apologies for my over-enthusiasm to my Donegal compatriots :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ah.. Ye've yer beautiful wee sonnet. We've goats don't shave

OHHH IF I COULD ID BUILD A WALL AROUND ALL DONEGAL.. !!! etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm on for a draw for this one, some odd feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good banter on Up for the Match

Tomas is a gas man in all fairness to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

I remember posting here in 2012 and the message hasn't changed. Jim McGuinness has too many tricks up his sleeve, the man is a genius and his tactics will win this for us. He is a God and our Saint. Tír Chonaill Abú :):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'm just heading off to bed, long drive up from the Kingdom in the morning, I hope we can do it tomorrow and if everything goes right on the day we will. Ciarrai Abu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Stinicker wrote: »
    I'm just heading off to bed, long drive up from the Kingdom in the morning, I hope we can do it tomorrow and if everything goes right on the day we will. Ciarrai Abu.

Don't forget to bring a tenner to have yer car minded ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

have tickets for cusack stand upper 710....anyone any idea what the view will be like so high up and roughly how many flights of steps to go up as my da is elderly

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Holy moly. The Babylons on Grainne Seoige.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

jmorrisey wrote: »
    have tickets for cusack stand upper 710....anyone any idea what the view will be like so high up and roughly how many flights of steps to go up as my da is elderly

Its a long walk up, but they have lifts, ask the stewards and they'll activate the lifts which are normally closed off. Me and my friend last year who was in crutches went up this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Great view, in middle of the pitch. What row? Upper tier goes A-Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yer on the 21 on the Davin end, it really depends how far back you are with regards to the view. It's a far slog up to the attic, but there's a ramp as opposed to steps which takes the real pain out of the walk. Enjoy the match !

Good old Weeshie would talk all day,great man to tell a story.

Grainne is frustrated he doesnt get to the point sooner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

An example of what I love about the Irish:

We have this :
    keane2097 wrote: »
    'Twas thus I lived, skin to skin with the earth,
    Elbowed by the hills, drenched by the billows,
    Watching the wild geese making black wedges,
    By Skelligs far west and Annascaul of the willows.
    Their voices came on every little wind,
    Whispering across the half-door of the mind,
    For always I am Kerry...

C'MON THE ****ING KINGDOM!

*with apologies for my over-enthusiasm to my Donegal compatriots :o

Followed by this :
    loremolis wrote: »
    Holy moly. The Babylons on Grainne Seoige.

Ha ha will be some craic in Dublin tomorrow. Have a great day all from a jealous Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Grainne is frustrated he doesnt get to the point sooner!

That's ironic, I'm frustrated by Grainne.

Would love to ask Tomas about the conversations they would have have in the hotel room while watching Up For The Match

Grainne was surely discussed followed by what does Des be going on about half the time?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Kerry won the 1947 final?

KevinK wrote: »
    Kerry won the 1947 final?

Thats Des again for you,always great with the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Thats Des again for you,always great with the stats.

More than stats though, he asked yer man if he came home for the celebrations :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Himself, O Muirheartaigh & Jim Magee should really get together and make a 3 hour dvd. I'd definitely buy it :D

Himself, O Muirheartaigh & Jim Magee should really get together and make a 3 hour dvd. I'd definitely buy it :D

Be like that sketch they used do on the Gerry Ryan Show with the three old men

"What are they talking about"

One fella would be on about Ghost trains and eating pigs head,another fella would be on about a Rabbite chasing a Fox around Croke Park and the last lad would be rolling off the names of the Italian soccer team of the 1990 world cup in only the way he could do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Never understood why they called it the ghost train when twas full of mad Kerrymen!

• Advertisement

Never understood why they called it the ghost train when twas full of mad Kerrymen!

Must have been some craic though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement