Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry v Donegal All Ireland football final 2014 - Mod warning Post #598

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

All things considered, I have a feeling this game will end in a draw. I think the Dublin game flattered Donegal. If Dublin had taken a few goal chances, that game would have been tighter and might have even been a draw. Dublin were hopelessly naive at the back and you can bet Kerry won't make that mistake.

This Kerry team also doesn't know when it's beaten as proved twice against Mayo. They always find something in the tank to come back. They say Donegal don't concede goals, but with someone like Donaghy and O'Donoghue around, there will always be chances no matter how many men Donegal choose to bring back.

It will either be a draw or a narrow victory for one team, ie by a point. Two great warrier teams going into battle, you can be sure neither will back down without a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭wackokid

realweirdo wrote: »
    All things considered, I have a feeling this game will end in a draw. I think the Dublin game flattered Donegal. If Dublin had taken a few goal chances, that game would have been tighter and might have even been a draw. Dublin were hopelessly naive at the back and you can bet Kerry won't make that mistake.

This Kerry team also doesn't know when it's beaten as proved twice against Mayo. They always find something in the tank to come back. They say Donegal don't concede goals, but with someone like Donaghy and O'Donoghue around, there will always be chances no matter how many men Donegal choose to bring back.

It will either be a draw or a narrow victory for one team, ie by a point. Two great warrier teams going into battle, you can be sure neither will back down without a fight.

The only reason Kerry are in the final is one Cormac Reilly and his team of dunces, who couldn't see a Kerry player take a sideline kick 20yards closer to goal than allowed by the rules, who couldn't see B.J.Keane take a tap over free ( not deserved anyway) from directly in front of the posts. A ref who was blatantly favouring Kerry by not sending off Enright before half time for numerous assaults and tackles.
    Any half decent sports person knows that Mayo were robbed and rode by two Meath match officials in 2014 and if Kerry by some miracle win on Sunday, it will be the greatest miscarriage of justice in my long lifetime.
    It cannot be right and if there is any GAA God, then Kerry will not win this title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

wackokid wrote: »
    The only reason Kerry are in the final is one Cormac Reilly and his team of dunces, who couldn't see a Kerry player take a sideline kick 20yards closer to goal than allowed by the rules, who couldn't see B.J.Keane take a tap over free ( not deserved anyway) from directly in front of the posts. A ref who was blatantly favouring Kerry by not sending off Enright before half time for numerous assaults and tackles.
    Any half decent sports person knows that Mayo were robbed and rode by two Meath match officials in 2014 and if Kerry by some miracle win on Sunday, it will be the greatest miscarriage of justice in my long lifetime.
    It cannot be right and if there is any GAA God, then Kerry will not win this title.

You've neglected to mention the fact they are good footballers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

If Mayo were half as good as they thought they were, they would have beaten Kerry, but they weren't

No use crying over spilled milk, the game is over, accept it. Mayo would probably lose the final anyways as they always do, due to some tactical mistake or other. Certainly McGuinness would have the measure of Horan and it would have been a walk in the park for Donegal. And Mayo would have lost 3 in a row then. So its just as well Mayo didn't make it.

As for the final, its going to be very tight. Some big match ups. Containing Murphy and Mcfadden is key, these guys can be brilliant or average depending how tightly they are marked. Monaghan did a number on them last year. Midfield will be key as well. Kerry will win the high balls but might struggle if men running from deep which is the Donegal game plan. Like I said there is no way Kerry will be as naive or exposed at the back as Dublin were. Fitzmaurice is a top notch manager, up there with McGuinness and if anyone can beat Donegal, he can.

• Advertisement

If Mayo were half as good as they thought they were, they would have beaten Kerry, but they weren't

Utterly stupid comment, but sure you can't help it I suppose.

CORMAC REILLY.............lovely man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

No use crying over spilled milk, the game is over, accept it. Mayo would probably lose the final anyways as they always do, due to some tactical mistake or other. Certainly McGuinness would have the measure of Horan and it would have been a walk in the park for Donegal. And Mayo would have lost 3 in a row then. So its just as well Mayo didn't make it.

As for the final, its going to be very tight. Some big match ups. Containing Murphy and Mcfadden is key, these guys can be brilliant or average depending how tightly they are marked. Monaghan did a number on them last year. Midfield will be key as well. Kerry will win the high balls but might struggle if men running from deep which is the Donegal game plan. Like I said there is no way Kerry will be as naive or exposed at the back as Dublin were. Fitzmaurice is a top notch manager, up there with McGuinness and if anyone can beat Donegal, he can.
    Tbh dont think they ll be too bothered about McFadden this time. Murphy is a different matter,Im sure he ll fancy his chances against O Mahoney if he spends a bit of time at full forward and he gets the right ball. I know O Mahoney is fairly strong but hes not the tallest and is gettin on a bit. Anyway I think Donegal have the better defence which might just see us edge it by a couple of points: 1-13 to 1-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭robbiezero

And the fact that they were the better team, certainly in the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Dublin showed the country the way not to play Donegal. I suspect Fitzmaurice is going show us the way to play Donegal.

All out mass warfare on the fourties it is! Both teams will stop each other scoring but Kerry to take it in the final minutes because they'll want it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

Utterly stupid comment, but sure you can't help it I suppose.

CORMAC REILLY.............lovely man

Wackokid, I know a lot of Mayo fans that are still
    giving out about 96.
    You lads certainly hold a grudge.

Every year ye have an excuse.

Man up and stop your whinging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Wackokid, I know a lot of Mayo fans that are still
    giving out about 96.
    You lads certainly hold a grudge.

Every year ye have an excuse.

Man up and stop your whinging.

Just ignore. They still blame Meath for all their ills. Nothing to do with never being good enough of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 soundcrowd

if Kerry by some miracle win on Sunday, it will be the greatest miscarriage of justice in my long lifetime.

Lol. Louth v Meath can never be topped, nor perhaps the Guildford Four? 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

soundcrowd wrote: »
    Lol. Louth v Meath can never be topped, nor perhaps the Guildford Four? 😃

All very small events compared to the last day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,101 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I really don't know how to call this game.

I have never been convinced that Kerry are fully prepared to be contenders just yet, and that they ate at this stage because their side of the draw was much easier than the other side. It was always going to be Kerry Cork or Mayo.

Donegal have surprised me even more, eventhoug the Ulster draw was favorable to them I was not convinced that they had it in them to proceed much further.
    But they have.

I think Kerry are again relying on a lot of things to go right.
    Moran to have another big game, Donaghey to do the same, SOB to be fit enough, Marc O Se to be able to stick with it, all the going guys to keep playing at the level they have done so far.

I'll go for a Donegal win even though I would not like them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I really don't know how to call this game.

I have never been convinced that Kerry are fully prepared to be contenders just yet, and that they ate at this stage because their side of the draw was much easier than the other side. It was always going to be Kerry Cork or Mayo.

Kind of nonsense really. The final was always going to be Mayo, Dublin or whoever beat them. The rest of the games were just faffing around to get to that point.

Who on the other side of the draw would have beaten Kerry if Mayo couldn't do it in two attempts?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 billy111

Kerry 2.13 donegal 2.16

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I think he donegala will just about win this one, it's hard not to feel that the jacks are the best team in the country regardless of who wins tomorrow but fair play to Donegal for giving g the a good beating, I'm not sure how good the kerrys are, without reily there would of not beaten mayo, looking forward to it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

After humming and hmming and hawing and lolling I'm gonna nail my colours to Donegal by 2.

Though I hope for a boring game and a blitzing in the first 15 from them!

HON TÍR CONAILL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Is the Nally closed off from the Hill once inside. What separates them?

There's a fence I think. I have only been in the Nally twice since it was done up and one of those was the 6N v France in 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Is the Nally closed off from the Hill once inside. What separates them?

A barrier and numerous stewards. You don't have a chance getting from one to the other I'm afraid.

They shouldn't be in the final...............Galway would have beaten them if they weren't shot shy.
    Donegal beat the very best team we have seen in years, and don't any colour blind flute tell us that
    Kerry would beat this Dublin team in the final...................not a snowball's chance in hell.
    Donegal pulling up..............as usual

JIMMY'S WINNING 'MORE' MATCHES

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The general vibe from the media seems to be that this is a year or two too early for this Kerry side and that Donegal are now pretty much at their peak. I think if Kerry can drop O'Donoghue back and get him firing from the half-forward line and bring Donaghy on as an impact sub , they have every chance. Dublin played right into Donegals hands surely Kerry won't be that naive will they?

They shouldn't be in the final...............Galway would have beaten them if they weren't shot shy.
    Donegal beat the very best team we have seen in years, and don't any colour blind flute tell us that
    Kerry would beat this Dublin team in the final...................not a snowball's chance in hell.
    Donegal pulling up..............as usual

JIMMY'S WINNING 'MORE' MATCHES

If there was an All Star for trolling you would be close to getting one,

Go outside there and get a bit of fresh air for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I think he donegala will just about win this one, it's hard not to feel that the jacks are the best team in the country regardless of who wins tomorrow but fair play to Donegal for giving g the a good beating, I'm not sure how good the kerrys are, without reily there would of not beaten mayo, looking forward to it anyways

its surprisingly easy to feel the jacks aren't the best team in the country seeing as they hot hockeyed out of it by Donegal.But don't let that cease your logicless ranting my good man.

If there was an All Star for trolling you would be close to getting one,

Go outside there and get a bit of fresh air for yourself.

Stinicker has that wrapped up.

He does have a point about Galway though. At times they ran through ye too easily. I'd say though if they had scored a couple of goals you still had the extra gear.

Stinicker has that wrapped up.

He does have a point about Galway though. At times they ran through ye too easily. I'd say though if they had scored a couple of goals you still had the extra gear.

Our lads just did enough that day,that game was always going to be a sticky one after having a month off after the Munster Final,we struggled last year against Cavan as well in the quarter finals.

Kerrydude..................youz is one of the colour blind brigade for sure.
    Yes.............Kerry are a good football team
    Yes.............Kerry would beat most teams ( They do nuttin else FFS)
    Yes.............Kerry lead the table in senior titles ( " " " )
    Yes.............Kerry people in general are nice
    Yes.............Kerry is a lovely county for holidays etc etc

BUT............they do not deserve to be in this final. Cormac Reilly will not find it easy to look in a mirror for the rest of his life if he has a decent bone in his body. Go outside now yourself and take a breath of HONEST air.

I mean what I'm saying and I don't know anything about troll or trolling. New word for me, but I suspect I's not very complimentary. We all know it's only fun but what Reilly did to Mayo was far from fun. It was a disgrace. I'm not from Mayo either and normally wouldn't care who won the All Ireland. This year I do care, because I have never seen such a display of bias by any ref. and would love to know why.

Kerrydude..................youz is one of the colour blind brigade for sure.
    Yes.............Kerry are a good football team
    Yes.............Kerry would beat most teams ( They do nuttin else FFS)
    Yes.............Kerry lead the table in senior titles ( " " " )
    Yes.............Kerry people in general are nice
    Yes.............Kerry is a lovely county for holidays etc etc

BUT............they do not deserve to be in this final. Cormac Reilly will not find it easy to look in a mirror for the rest of his life if he has a decent bone in his body. Go outside now yourself and take a breath of HONEST air.

I mean what I'm saying and I don't know anything about troll or trolling. New word for me, but I suspect I's not very complimentary. We all know it's only fun but what Reilly did to Mayo was far from fun. It was a disgrace. I'm not from Mayo either and normally wouldn't care who won the All Ireland. This year I do care, because I have never seen such a display of bias by any ref. and would love to know why.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

As a Mayo supporter I'd like to distance myself from wackokid...

• Advertisement

Stop embarrassing yourself.

As a Mayo supporter I'd like to distance myself from wackokid...

You have the right username, twit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement