Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Car Boot Sale "Thursday 4th 7pm Lamb Doyles"

Options
  • 26-06-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

It has been a long while since I threw one of these together (2 years maybe).

Time for another I think - chime in if anyone wants to take a lead etc... But I would propose Monday, July 7th, Dublin South side (probably similar to other times, Lamb Doyles etc...).

Interest? The last one was a success and enjoyable to boot!

Tuesday or Thursday? - see post #59 6 votes

Tuesday
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yes indeed, I'll be there, would 7pm be a good starting time?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

For anyone who wasn't there last time how did this work / what was for sale?

A huge mix, alot of high end MTB stuff, high quality wheels and tyres, road frames, tools, a bike stand, road shoes. To be honest if you can mention it then there was probably one example of it the last time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd be interested in this. Not sure.if I'd be bringing much but would be on the look out fo r a few bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Paddigol

godtabh wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this. Not sure.if I'd be bringing much but would be on the look out fo r a few bits

Ditto...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Id be interested in heading along to this aswell. Lots of bits n pieces to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I have bits for sale too. Would be interested in going.

is it worth posting what people have to sell to give people an idea of what to expect? No offers or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I have a pannier full of components that I want to sell. Colour me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Are you putting any of your KOM's up for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I'd be interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Do purchases qualify for the "I should have left the credit card at home..." thread.

<subbed />

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

I was at this last time for a while and would recommend to anyone if it was a similar setup. Was still getting started when I got there and there were maybe 30 "stalls". These ranged from a couple of guys with vans who had new boxed stuff like a mini shop to people selling random crap out of their boots! There was everything from parts, clothes, bikes etc! It was here I picked up some cheap SPD SL pedals and shoes and made the move away from SPD's. Nice atmosphere too and a great location!

Lamb Doyle's is handy. We can do some intervals after

godtabh wrote: »
    Lamb Doyle's is handy. We can do some intervals after

I sense a hill climb challenge coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

CramCycle wrote: »
    I sense a hill climb challenge coming on.

Or as I call them. Hill climbs

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

I'd be interested in doing this also have a few bits to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

I'd be interested in doing this also have a few bits to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

This was great the last time it was on. I'm still using some of RS's giant kenda team-issue bibs for commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Sounds like there is interest then - I'll get on to Lamb Doyles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

This is a great idea

Just looked in my desk in work, at least 30+ items of cycling items, 0 work related material, I think this car boot sale is a must.

Also as a bit of advice if you are bring stuff to sell, don't just have the price in your head, write it down and leave it attached to the item. In becomes a pain if you are trying to recall what you are/were selling if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Is this happening?

Is this happening?

Sherlock is talking to Lamb Doyles and is to get back to us. At the moment its next Monday some time

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Please be on a different night, I'm in work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Yeah - waiting on confirmation from Lamb Doyles - they are very pro cycling (a hose in the carpark for washing down MTBs) so hopefully that night isn't an issue - when I know - I'll post and spread the word.

Yeah - waiting on confirmation from Lamb Doyles - they are very pro cycling (a hose in the carpark for washing down MTBs) so hopefully that night isn't an issue - when I know - I'll post and spread the word.

I pass by there every morning and always see the mountain bike lads getting ready and leaving their cars. Always wondered did Lamb Doyles care but that explains it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Ryan any news ? bit like waiting for the start of the nationals

• Advertisement

Carpenter wrote: »
    Ryan any news ?

To busy cycling

Advertisement