Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Morby wrote: »
    Anyone get a 9 month half price offer on a phone & bb package lately?

I'm gonna trying ringing them later on this afternoon.

I got 4 months half price. Rang them this morning. Obviously means I'm contracted for 12 months again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Couldn't face calling again so sent the cancellation email. Will wait and see if they come back with anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Morby wrote: »
    Anyone get a 9 month half price offer on a phone & bb package lately?

I'm gonna trying ringing them later on this afternoon.
    Yes I got 360bb for half price for 9 months and 60 for last 3.and I'll never pay the last 3 @full price As will haggle a new deal on the 9th month

• Registered Users Posts: 27 photochain

My cancellation offer I've just accepted is for 60mb broadband I had been paying 35e per month for this and they sent a email about 5e increase. They have given me a deal for 20e for six months then 40 for 6 months on a 12 month contract so averages at 30e per month so I'm happy fiver less than I was previously paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

photochain wrote: »
    My cancellation offer I've just accepted is for 60mb broadband I had been paying 35e per month for this and they sent a email about 5e increase. They have given me a deal for 20e for six months then 40 for 6 months on a 12 month contract so averages at 30e per month so I'm happy fiver less than I was previously paying.

That sounds like the deal I'm after!! Just one question, what number did you call and I'm guessing you said you were going to cancel??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

photochain wrote: »

I take it you mean 360Mb and not 60mb?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I take it you mean 360Mb and not 60mb?

I think he actually means 60. 360 is not 40 normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

massy086 wrote: »
    Yes I got 360bb for half price for 9 months and 60 for last 3.and I'll never pay the last 3 @full price As will haggle a new deal on the 9th month

How does that work though? If you still have 3 months left on the current deal and you negotiate for a new one, do they they cancel the current contract and you'll have a new 12 month contract?

Or do they add on the new 12 months on top of the current 3 months , so a total of 15 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Just 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I was on a deal up to July. Horizon (junk) box. Thankfully this opportunity of a price increase arrived to cancel my contract. Wasn't looking forward to paying full price for six months. Loads of drama with Loyalty not offering me a decent deal. The easiest solution was a cancellation email and within a few days they rang me. I got the 360 at half price on 12 month contract. All recorded on my end! Having said that I had to ring again today as someone apparently forgot to clear sending out the New modem. Looking forward to bridging this to escape their crap wifi. What I've learned in the over three years of not paying full price is that if you fight your case and prepare for a little drama you'll get a decent deal. However I'd wish Virgin would just curtail this crap and offer a decent service at a reasonable price. Thankfully competition is growing. It was only Eir's badly designed website that refused to take my bank details for a direct debit payment that stopped me moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 photochain

et101 wrote: »
    That sounds like the deal I'm after!! Just one question, what number did you call and I'm guessing you said you were going to cancel??

Hey not sure if I'm replying the right way but yes am only on 60mb as I don't need any faster as it's just for like googling I don't watch movies or anything. I think only existing customers can be on this broadband size they are only doing minimum 240 for new customers.

The number I rang was 1908 and if you listen to the options I think it's option 4 to cancel. First time I spoke to Philippines and the guy offered me above I said I'd think about it.

When I rang again last night I got through to an Irish girl who claimed the minimum I could go for was 240mb but when I said about above offer she said Ye there was notes on my account so that's what I have signed up for 60mb at 20e for 6 months and 6 months at 40e on a 12 month contract.

Just luck of the draw who you speak to I think so if not happy hang up and try again hopefully get a different offer with the next person you speak to.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just a warning.....my bills have been all over the place since I renegotiated contract (for second time! after they didnt follow through with one they agreed).
    6 months 25 euro, 6 months 45 euro....end of contract.
    Last months bill....10.73....I checked on chat...they say its right....this months bill....10.73....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

gmisk wrote: »
    Just a warning.....my bills have been all over the place since I renegotiated contract (for second time! after they didnt follow through with one they agreed).
    6 months 25 euro, 6 months 45 euro....end of contract.
    Last months bill....10.73....I checked on chat...they say its right....this months bill....10.73....

Long may it continue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Long may it continue :pac:
    not exactly...according to live chat I have the privilege of paying 10.73 for 6 months then it will be 85 for 6 months....
    so over 100 euro more than I agreed to. (should be 25 euro for 6 months and then 42.50 for 6 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

athtrasna wrote: »
    Couldn't face calling again so sent the cancellation email. Will wait and see if they come back with anything now.

Lets know how you get on mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I just called them there.
    They're doing a system upgrade, so its best to call back later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

I called them today and got offered the following:

Horizon TV + 240Mbps Internet + Home Phone + Anytime World Calls
    €50 for 4 months and then €80 for 8 months.

240Mbps Internet + Home Phone + Anytime World
    €40 for 4 months and then €50 for 8 months.

360Mbps Internet + Home Phone + unlimited landline (in 22 countries) + mobile
    €40 for 4 months and then €60 for 8 months.

Not really interested in any of them so will probably cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

donal.hunt wrote: »
    ... 360Mbps Internet + Home Phone + unlimited landline (in 22 countries) + mobile
    €40 for 4 months and then €60 for 8 months.

I got the same offer. Spoke about loyalty team. They said they were them. Mentioned a competitor and they were able to give run down on the service being inferior.

They said that's the best they can do.

(must say the agent was very helpful and professional. Not good with prices but professional)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is anyone getting phone calls from UPC this week from sales reps trying to give a better deal?
    My gf keeps getting calls saying we're on 120mb and trying to put us on 240mb if we sign up for another 12 months. Sure we only got 6 months half price a few weeks ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

If one negotiate some half-price deal, would it be possible to get it printed like new contract as for customer? Did anyone here got any new contract delivered after agreeing dell on telephone / chat? Any idea how to get one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

zom wrote: »
    If one negotiate some half-price deal, would it be possible to get it printed like new contract as for customer? Did anyone here got any new contract delivered after agreeing dell on telephone / chat? Any idea how to get one?

Someone said earlier you can save add print out your chat.

I don't think you'll get UPC/VM doing it as (in my opinion) their whole process seems to be designed to prevent you having it in writing. So many people have had issues with their billing as a result.

(in my opinion) I would expect they might close off this facility from chat if they can. Unless VM have a change of ethos and drop UPC unprofessional approach always had to this.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I emailed the cancellation team on the 29th. Haven't heard anything back as of yet. I may have to go through with someone else. To be honest, I doubt my wife would notice, once there was no downtime.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I got them to state in a chat session what services I had signed up to, that it was half price for 9 months, and that it is a 12 month contract. This took me well over an hour.

I also never got my own wireless router back from them- though I got plenty of apologies and a statement that they would pursue the courier and try to ascertain what happened (apparently they can't find it in their returned equipment centre).

All-in-all, I'm happy enough- I've swapped out the wifi cards in our laptops for a few new Intel AC cards and bought a new AC router for use in bridge mode on that damned Compal Hub 3 they gave me- its zippy........ I cloned the Mac addresses and SSIDs- and haven't had to even redo wireless connections on any of our devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I used the web chat as part of my change involved cancelling the TV. You need to provide them with yes or no questions. First they just said they received the email. I asked if the offer I was given (4 months 25, 2 months 45, 6 months 50) will be what I'm switched to in April and finally got a yes. At the end you can email yourself the chat so at least I got some form of written communication of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

My bill's been issued and I see 'Loyalty Offer - 6 Months Half Price' under the 'SAVINGS AND DISCOUNTS' heading. Can't get any more definitive than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Has anyone who is currently on a 9 mth half price deal gotten them to offer them a new 9mth half price offer following the price increase?

I've about 3 mths left on my current 9 month half price promo and so far they will only offer me 6 mths half price on a new 12mth deal following the price hike

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

currently paying 80 price increase will make it 85 have horizon max, 120mb and phone, been offered same package except increase to 360mb for 4months at 55, 2 months at 75 then 6months 85, anyone get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Got sightly better, 6 month half price and 6 month full. Got a speed boost to 240 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Got sightly better, 6 month half price and 6 month full. Got a speed boost to 240 as well.

will try them again tomorrow;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It cannot be emphasised enough (and I keep posting it here!) what you have asked is a legal requirement under the "consumer directive" and disgracefully VM ignore it.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

Apart from the legal obligation it is in everyone's interest to have what is agreed over the phone or online in writing.

Advertisement