Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos: Netgear Dual Band WNDR3700 Router €26.99

Options
  • 31-05-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭

No expert on computer routers and apologies if it is not a good deal
    Came across this on the Argos.ie website
    It is advertised at €26.99 and it states that it has previously been on sale for
    €129 Cat. number 913/0658

seems to be in stock in most stores according to www.checkargos.com

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=913%2F0658

157-9130658SSUC1380853M.jpg
    Argos spec sheet:
    •Simultaneous Dual Band - reduced WiFi interference & doubles bandwidth.
    •Faster Wi-Fi - Up to 300 + 300 Mbps.
    •Gigabit Wired - Ideal for HD gaming & videos.
    •DLNA - Find & play your media on DLNA TVs and game consoles.
    •ReadySHARE USB Access - wirelessly access and share USB hard drives.
    •Wireless standards a/b/g/n.
    •Compatible with cable.
    •Cable connection.
    •5 10/100/1000 (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gb Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology & 1 USB 2.0 port .
    •Transfer speed up to 300Mbps.
    •Built-in Parental Controls, Guest Network Access, Push 'N' Connect, Netgear Genie Dashboard Management, Readyshare USB ?Storage Access.
    •Includes N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR3700v4), Ethernet cable, Power adapter & Quick Install Guide.
    •Weight 0.45kg.
    •Size L21.8, W16, D3.5cm.
    •EAN/MPN/UPC/ISBN: 606449061345.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Hey good find its a bargain for sure about £80 at Amazon and £90 at Argos UK! probably a misprice but I've taken a punt and reserved one!

2 small factoids for the uninitiated:

1) Reserving an item doesn't guarantee you can buy it at the price you've reserved it at ... and ...
    2) This is a router not a modem router, so will work with cable not DSL, unless you have a separate modem.

Thank You :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Oracle wrote: »
    this is a router not a modem router, so will work with cable not DSL.

So am I correct in thinking there's no way it will work with an eircom connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

draffodx wrote: »
    So am I correct in thinking there's no way it will work with an eircom connection?

It has no modem, it won't work as a standalone product connected directly to the phone socket, it will work if you connect it to the Eircom router. That can be kinda messy though unless you need that setup. You need to turn off the wireless on the Eircom router, you may have to change the IP addresses ... yada yada .... basically hassle for the average user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

But it is good to use with upc cisco - cable connection with cisco and wifi with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Good enough box, ive one for roughly 2 years, I put ddwrt on it. only thing I'll say is range is good but not much better then upc's standard box. cracking at this price tho

• Advertisement

It depends which cisco you have - the one with build in antennas is a CRAP the 2425 was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

it was the 2425. Bout the same range. The netgear a smidge better. I'm always looking for a beast router

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Nice find op. I've reserved one because I have just got a free upc upgrade to 100mb but I've a mix of devices so can't switch the Upc Thomson router to using 5ghz. With this I can run a second wifi at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

This post has been deleted.

yes, you'll be grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Cheers OP, reserved the last one in Killarney, will be piking up later, was desperately in need of a new access point anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Thanks, OP.

Not available for collection in my local store until next Fri but can be ordered.

Did this and got email confirmation but no reservation no.

Is this normal?

Will there be a follow-up email?

I think you should get : Argos - Thank you for your Reservation xxxxxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Reserved one for pick up on Wednesday. Be great for anyone getting fiber to bridge the new modem into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

I get an out of stock message when i try to reserve for galway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

:( out of stock

loki7777 wrote: »
    I think you should get : Argos - Thank you for your Reservation xxxxxx.

Didn't get the xxxxxx part on my email.

Have emailed them to clarify position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

jprboy wrote: »

I got the same. I don't think you get the reservation number until it's ready to pick up in store!

That's what i get from argos:
    Reserved
    will be available to collect from:
    Wednesday June 5th to Friday June 7th 2013
    With reservation number - yesterday evening.

Maybe it is out of stock even for reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

did anyone collected it already? which version (should be printed on the sticker on the router itself) is it?
    v1 units are not labeled at all and are just called "WNDR3700".

v2 units are labeled on the side of the box and in firmware as "WNDR3700v2".

v3 units are labeled on the side of the box and in firmware as "WNDR3700v3".

v4 units are labeled on the side of the box and in firmware as "WNDR3700v4(?)"

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3700

• Advertisement

jprboy wrote: »

Here's the reply I got from Argos:

Thank you for your email regarding your reservation for the Netgear Dual Band WNDR3700 Router (913/0658).

I am sorry to read of the confusion regarding your recent order. Unfortunately if there is not reservation number on the email you received, this means your reservation could not be complete due to no stock of the item in store. It usually states on the reservation email next to the item 'out of stock'. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

It didn't state on the email that the item was out of stock, as suggested above. It just thanked me for my reservation. In addition, it didn't actually refer in the email to the item ordered.

Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

Collected mine and it's v4. Cheers op. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

robcon wrote: »
    Collected mine and it's v4. Cheers op. :-)

Are you sure? I collected mine earlier and it's v3 (on box and on router label).

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Are these cable only, not ADSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I picked up mine and its a V3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

V3 here too. Thanks for the post OP. Was on the lookout for a gigabit router.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

liamcu wrote: »
    Are you sure? I collected mine earlier and it's v3 (on box and on router label).

Yep definitely v4 here bought in Jervis. The Argos page actually has v4 in the description too. Guess it just depended on what stock they had!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Out of stock in all locations :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If anyone is not using their reservation number around Dublin for this I'd really appreciate it. I've been on the look out for a gigabit router for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Would love a reservation number for castlebar if anyone is not using theirs.

Advertisement