Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infergus - Exchange 18/08/2012 - SCV/T6/AE/UMVC3

Options
  • 07-08-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Title pretty much says it all, the Exchange will be open from 9am for registration/early casuals and the tournaments will start at 11am, we need to finish up by 6pm

5 euro for 1 game
    10 euros for 2 games
    15 euros for all 4.

SCV will start at 11 and hopefully that will be completed by 1 or earlier, which is when Tekken will start and by 2-3, AE Teams will start and Marvel Teams will start towards the winners semis of AE Teams .

All games will be double elimination.

AE and Marvel are teams, 2v2. It is character locked, however you can change your ultras in AE and character team orders in UMVC3.

This is only a rough estimate, subject to change, please turn up at least a hour earlier for your game.

If you're willing to bring an Xbox, you get 5 euro off the price above, 1 game = free, 2 games = 5, etc. etc. Please PM for this, I'll only need 6 Xboxs as there's 6 monitors available, unless someone's willing to take a monitor/TV which will take a bit extra off the pricing :D (Yes Voa, so stealing your idea)

And please, bring your saves on a USB, especially for SCV and Marvel with the unlockable characters.

Brackets will be run on challonge, with a laptop running on the front desk.

Yayaya rules etc.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist

types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please

Shamelessly stolen from the DoC thread.

People bringing consoles
    1. Fergus (360)
    2. Kiki (PS3)
    3. Jun (360)
    4. Nutrient (360)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ill be in with a xbox and tekken/kof(no dlc for kof though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Will be there for SCV mainly but may try some others too. Most likely Tekken 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I changed up the games a bit, apologies for those interested in SG/KoF

SG/KoF is going for AE/Marvel teams and it opens at 10am now instead of 9am and tournies will start at 11am instead of 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I thought the tournament format for Marvel was FIRST-to-3, not BEST-of-3? :confused:

I guess I can show up for AE/Tekken.
    Oh, and maybe Skullgirls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Good stuff Fergus!

If I can attend I'll be bringing the two community monitors with an Xbox with full Marvel DLC/Disc and AE Disc.
    I don't know if T6 or SCV can be patched/updated for free, but if they can, and someone is willing to loan me the discs, I'll do that too.

If I CAN'T attend, I'll get the two monitors down to you anyway somehow.

• Advertisement

Good stuff Fergus!

If I can attend I'll be bringing the two community monitors with an Xbox with full Marvel DLC/Disc and AE Disc.
    I don't know if T6 or SCV can be patched/updated for free, but if they can, and someone is willing to loan me the discs, I'll do that too.

If I CAN'T attend, I'll get the two monitors down to you anyway somehow.

Are those 2 monitors included in the 6 that's currently available?

That'll be great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I could be up for Tekken - is it all on 360? Where is it on - "the Exchange"?

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Are those 2 monitors included in the 6 that's currently available?

No idea lad, that's a question for Chopper or VOA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

4 Asus brands in the Exchange, 2 big ass HD things coming from you. 6 total community monitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I'm owed a day off, so if I can get the Saturday, I'll be along for SCV, and maybe AE for the craic.

I'll bring my Xbox pad. If it's being done on PS3, I'll need a PS3 controller - can't play stick.

I'll bring a USB with an Xbox save with all characters, DLC and patches, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 njC

Will make the effort and attend this, need teammate though. Could ask my friend from college but he plays Dan FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If people bring PS3s, it'll be all on PS3s.
    No it won't, Fergie-Chan. You will have 2 HDMI - DVI connectors. The 4 asus monitors are all VGA, and there's VGA cables in the bag in the exchange. If you have a magic solution to make PS3s work on VGA cables, more power to you, but otherwise you're gonna need 4 xboxes and 2 ps3s as the best case scenario for maximum ps3s (assuming no one brings a HDMI or Component monitor).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Voa wrote: »
    No it won't, Fergie-Chan. You will have 2 HDMI - DVI connectors. The 4 asus monitors are all VGA, and there's VGA cables in the bag in the exchange. If you have a magic solution to make PS3s work on VGA cables, more power to you, but otherwise you're gonna need 4 xboxes and 2 ps3s as the best case scenario for maximum ps3s (assuming no one brings a HDMI or Component monitor).

I love how this has caught on, mwahahaha.

Poor kawaiifergychan.

Voa wrote: »

I meant, run the whole Tekken tournament on whatever PS3s are available on the monitors that are compatible, I didn't mean every setup would be a PS3, most if not all of the Tekken community plays it on PS3, would be unfair to force them onto Xbox pads. I can run the whole Tekken tourney on PS3s and other ones on the Xboxs available.
    Konata wrote: »
    I love how this has caught on, mwahahaha.

Poor kawaiifergychan.

I hate you >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

10. No white track suits please

Are you going to kick out people who do wear them?
    "Sorry, you're wearing a white tracksuit, I'm afraid you're going to have to get the *expletive* out. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

"Sorry, you're wearing a white tracksuit, I'm afraid you're going to have to get the *expletive* out. :P

He won't have to, I will do it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No I'm sure they will be allowed stay. They will just get that look of disdain from everybody. The same look people who pick Cammy get :p

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll try my best to make it to this.

Just a reminder, whoever's bringing consoles, please PM me for the discount and so I can keep track of the consoles.

Preferably I want 5 Xboxes and 2 PS3s, so I can switch out one of the PS3s for an Xbox when Tekken is over.

People are welcome to bring TVs/Monitors too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I'll be there for the SCV!

Might try the other games for the larf

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

So where is this being held?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

It's in the title: Judgement Day - Exchange 18/08/2012 - SCV/T6/AE/UMVC3

Hint: it's not the part that's the name, date or games.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

I meant where in Ireland, but never mind, it was answered in the first page.

Would've loved to take part in SCV but I can't afford to go to Dublin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

It'll be hard to get into Dublin for 9'o'clock from Maynooth on a weekend, but bet your life I'll be there.

Someone must have consoles and is willing for cheaper tournies! :D

Pm pls

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

It'll be hard to get into Dublin for 9'o'clock from Maynooth on a weekend, but bet your life I'll be there.

registration is from 9-11 so you have a good bit of time

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I vote we should change the name from Judgement Day to Infergus.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Three Capcom protagonists will fight alongside three Marvel heroes:

TeamViewtifulJustice.png

• Advertisement

Right lads, I've got a problem.

I said further up in the topic that I might not be able to attend; unfortunately now it's definite that I can't.

Can anyone take the monitors from me this week to bring to this event?

Advertisement