Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spawn Trapping Mumbo Jumbo

Options
  • 13-01-2012 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Spawn trapping like a boss so we are! Only one team has stuck around for the whole game. LOOOOOOOOOOL

Getting all the kills :)

Is that not frowned upon?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is that not frowned upon?

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Huh?

Spawn trapping I think is what he means.

stock-photo-3414598-can-of-worms.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I don't know if that's an in joke or what but spawn trapping is fairly ****, it's what bad players do to get cheap kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I don't know if that's an in joke or what but spawn trapping is fairly ****, it's what bad players do to get cheap kills.

tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No joke, had 5-6 games with the lads, Demo, spawn traps, lots of kills, lots of choppers, lots of fun :) nuf said

• Advertisement

you-mad-bro.png

Surely you mean it's a way for good players to get easy kills? It's the bad players who get spawn trapped in the first place. Duh.

you-mad-bro.png

Surely you mean it's a way for good players to get easy kills? It's the bad players who get spawn trapped in the first place. Duh.
    Very original.

has to be trolling so I shall leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

IPAM wrote: »
    No joke, had 5-6 games with the lads, Demo, spawn traps, lots of kills, lots of choppers, lots of fun :) nuf said

Brilliant. Ruin the game for other people. And yous are the ones who moan about people too. Arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Brilliant. Ruin the game for other people. And yous are the ones who moan about people too. Arseholes.

Spawn trapping is in no way a hack, cheat blah blah blah. It's just another tactic in the game!

Can be pretty lousy alright when your on the opposite side, but believe me I've been spawn trapped twice now and as sh!t as it was, we still managed to get out of it.

It's just little bitches that rage quit once spawn trapped, wheres the challenge, the fun even in that?!

I bought the game for me to have fun, not other people.

• Advertisement

It's just little bitches that rage quit once spawn trapped, wheres the challenge, the fun even in that?!

Lol, you have to be kidding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,101 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sheesh!

You play Demolition, you plant the bomb and then you cover the numerous ways to reach and defuse the Bomb. It is basic sense.

You cap two flags and do the same thing to protect the flags you control, therefore its also basic sense.

If you don't like being trapped, go play TDM/Mercenary or alternatively, clan up and do something about it.

Exactly everlast, even let the others win a round in Demo, more kills/killstreaks :)

actually, we even let the other team win a round in Demo, I'm sure when they pull it back to 1-1 they're havin fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

have to agree with everlast, I've been on the recieving end of a BRDS spawntrap and though it fckd me off no end getting blown to pieces every few seconds i enjoyed the challlange of trying to get out and LOLd when i took out the helimchopter not once but twince in the same game. granted I belive i went something liek 2-20 in that game coz i was ass raped but i did take out to copters so its all good in my book

and i've been in games of demo in BLOPs where we'd let them take the first round then open a can of woop ass and in a fair few games it was hard to take that game back even with spawn traps, coz some guys are not 12, theres a fair few out there that think about counter air support tactics and always carry a launcher in all classes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

IPAM wrote: »
    I bought the game for me to have fun, not other people.

but by that reasoning you then can't complain that other people leave the game when they aren't having fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

but by that reasoning you then can't complain that other people leave the game when they aren't having fun

What about people dashboarding just because they're about to lose or because they're precious win streak is about to come to an end? Spawn trapping isn't forbidden in the Geneva convention so I think this vilification is unnecessary. Using spawntrapping as cover to lay into posters they don't like or agree with is far worse (that's not directed at you Justsomebloke).
    Boards.ie's hard and fast rule is don't be a dick, elsewhere on the internet that isn't a requirement.

An increasing number of posters on this forum main involvement amounts to taking potshots at others for choosing a certain gun, a certain map, a certain game mode or a certain console etc. and it's becoming increasingly childish.

An xbox player got a high killstreak recently and posted about it, the begrudgers then chimed in as per usual, despite not being there, said it was due to camping. Rather than assume it was from playing good they automatically they tried to besmirch (thank you William Regal for teaching me that word) and belittle. It's pathetic.

yimrsg wrote: »

What about people dashboarding just because they're about to lose or because they're precious win streak is about to come to an end? Spawn trapping isn't forbidden in the Geneva convention so I think this vilification is unnecessary. Using spawntrapping as cover to lay into posters they don't like or agree with is far worse (that's not directed at you Justsomebloke).
    Boards.ie's hard and fast rule is don't be a dick, elsewhere on the internet that isn't a requirement.

An increasing number of posters on this forum main involvement amounts to taking potshots at others for choosing a certain gun, a certain map, a certain game mode or a certain console etc. and it's becoming increasingly childish.

An xbox player got a high killstreak recently and posted about it, the begrudgers then chimed in as per usual, despite not being there, said it was due to camping. Rather than assume it was from playing good they automatically they tried to besmirch (thank you William Regal for teaching me that word) and belittle. It's pathetic.
    What's pathetic is thinking spawn trapping takes any bit of skill at all.

If he wasn't spawn trapping then 47 killstreak would have been impressive but he was so it's meh.

Post amended, I was wrong in assuming the 47 streak was from spawn trapping

If he wasn't spawn trapping then 47 killstreak would have been impressive but he was so it's meh.

47 kills was done on domination.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76471364&postcount=536

Does your high horse like sugar cubes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

An xbox player got a high killstreak recently and posted about it, the begrudgers then chimed in as per usual, despite not being there, said it was due to camping.

I said he was hacking not camping

• Advertisement

47 kills was done on domination.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76471364&postcount=536

Does your high horse like sugar cubes?
    Are you attempting to say spawn trapping isn't possible on domination?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Spawn trapping takes no skill:confused:, do you think at the start of the game the enemy team just sit in there spawn and wait?, as a team you have to push the enemy's back to there spawn and keep them from getting out

Yup, pretty much impossible, played 80 or so hours in domination in mw3. What's your experience of playing domination? Domination spawns are the most random in any of the CoD series, you'd have to be rainman to predict where an enemy will spawn. Having enemies spawn looking at you or behind you wasn't a common occurrence in cod2, 3 or 4 modern warfare 2 and black ops. It's pretty much everyday in mw3 domination.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I said he was hacking not camping

Hello Judas! Everyone knows your opinion doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Would you ever shut the **** up **** stirring? You do enough of it on the Soccer Forum to last a lifetime, and now you come here to whine.

Fair play to Happi for getting a 47 KS! Post your high KS doc of else Shut your god damn trap

Deleting old emails. I missed this somehow. Post like this again and it's an infraction/ban,

Would you ever shut the **** up **** stirring? You do enough of it on the Soccer Forum to last a lifetime, and now you come here to whine.

Fair play to Happi for getting a 47 KS! Post your high KS doc of else Shut your god damn trap

Proof of **** stirring on the SF please?

You have a history of it yourself you know :)

Spawn trapping is a cheap way of getting kills, and letting them win a round so you can get more kills is even cheaper :)

So I shan't be shutting my trap young man but thanks for your valuable input.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Zing.

Right, discuss this here. Key word is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t925JwYXhVA) DISCUSS. Not insult someone or tell someone to shut it for no other reason other than you disagreeing with his opinion, childish that. If something offends you, report it. Too many are incapable of this for whatever reason but there ya go. Thread Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Spawn trapping in Blops demo is no better than FFA boosting in mw2 imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Unless you were there, like I was, I think you should refrain from making any observations on how Happi kicked the oppositions' asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

We all know spawn trapping is for the noobs who generally suck at the game and usually leave the lobby if they're matched against a party. Common CoD knowledge tis.

• Advertisement

What's pathetic is begrudging someone for having a better killstreak than you.

With your previous posts you seem to be a bit of a WUM (thanks Everlast for reminding me of this one).

Advertisement