PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together? - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-09-2011, 09:46   #31
DemoniK

Send a message via MSN to DemoniK Send a message via Yahoo to DemoniK Send a message via Skype™ to DemoniK
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsen View Post
Is it just me , or the graphics looks worse than bad company 2 ?
they're turned down for the beta - what you expect for 1.1GB
On PC beta they are much better, but res still capped to 720p.. I'd say the PC beta is more representative of what the PS3 version will look like. That said is annoying my laptop is better than my PS3 right now!

Overall I really like it - prone is back which makes it interesting. Mechanics of the game are good, but like said before it's not indicative of true BF capabilities or wants.. Conquest over on PC looks much more like it with jets, tanks, etc..
This map (Metro) in the alpha had tanks - but they've been removed.

I also think ppl think this like a sell out and more COD like 'cos it's filled with COD folks.. Yet to be revived.. Chased a team mate all over the metro last night hitting select for him to drop an ammo box and he never once did.. Luckily I had my handgun to shoot at him.. Basically everyone just doing their own thing
But once I got in to a proper BF type squad we worked well as a unit and thrashed the opposition who were trying to do it all on their own.

So far - really liking it.. Pity about the myriad of bugs right now on both PC and PS3 (trust me, PC has a lot more bugs) - but it's trending the right way.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-09-2011, 15:55   #32
Dcully

It's not capped at 720 on pc ,I'm playing it at 1920 x1080.
30-09-2011, 17:46   #33
Doublechinlolz

Mine just says can't find a server to join, can ANYBODY explain this?
30-09-2011, 17:55   #34
Tallon
Closed Account

Servers are rebooting.. Follow BF3 on Twitter
30-09-2011, 18:02   #35
Doublechinlolz

I'm a noob.. Does this mean I can play soon?
Advertisement
30-09-2011, 23:54   #36
yermanoffthetv

Right, time for my 2 cents on the beta.

Suppose Ill start off with the negatives, firstly the map itself. Ok I guess, agree with the point made before that didnt blow me away visually but Ill wait till the full version before judgement.The map was rather flat lacking the "3 dimensional warfare" ie threats coming from all directions,above below anywhere like on the BC2 maps.

Felt rather empty in the outside sections, I still feel the consoles should have at least 32 players never mind 64. Gun sounds were a little weak, M16 sounded like a peashooter compared to the XM8. Grenades are too small and hard to see but they do make an almighty bang. Sniper scopes are now much harder to use at mid range distance, ended up not using the x7 at all.would have like to been able to use the pistol after being defibed but before i chose to rejoin the match. Some other minor issues that Im sure will be fixed in the final version.

Positives, Looooved the weapon customization! Single shot mode for the rifles is a nice addition and turns a assault rifle with a scope into a sharpshooter rather than having to have to go for the old BC2 recon/gullie suit option. Player models are really nice and dont have the slightly cartoony look of BC2. Underground section was intense especially when I found a good squad that used the mobile spawn point and defibed you when you were down. Suppression fire worked better than I thought, mildy effective but not overbearing. Shotguns are alot more realistic and actually useable at mid range distances.

Overall maybe a bit dissapointed. Again I know its only 1 map and a beta but did feel very COD'ish and not like battlefield. well wait and see I guess.
Thanks from:
01-10-2011, 02:54   #37
Chavways

Rumour has it that they might be releasing Caspian Border as a playable map in a couple of days.I hope thats true.Cant wait to fly some jets
01-10-2011, 15:15   #38
Grumpypants

Are the servers down again i can't get connected at all.
01-10-2011, 15:35   #39
FreudianSlippers
Lawyer to the stars

I'm seriously disappointed. BC2 was a much better game for me in many ways. I agree 100% with other posters that it feels too much like CoD and has lost what made battlefield so good.

I would also agree that it's the players somewhat as well, nobody is playing their role at the moment.

I'm considering cancelling my pre-order now
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-10-2011, 16:40   #40
Grumpypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreudianSlippers View Post
I'm seriously disappointed. BC2 was a much better game for me in many ways. I agree 100% with other posters that it feels too much like CoD and has lost what made battlefield so good.

I would also agree that it's the players somewhat as well, nobody is playing their role at the moment.

That just because its populated by all the COD players the full game will settle that down, its always the same in open Beta's.

I can't see any relation to COD in fairness you can't run around like an idiot without getting shot straight away. Far better than BC which was a average enough game at best.
01-10-2011, 17:12   #41
Leiva
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreudianSlippers View Post

Dont cancel the pre-order .

BC2 Beta was the same with the COD's everywhere .
A couple of weeks into the full release you will see a big change with team performances and playing as a unit .

My post in relation to the COD feel off it was probably because of the BETA map (im hoping) cause there is no vehicles and the layout was narrow .

One thing but (as mentioned here) is they need to take out the K/D ratio from the end of game menu .
Thats only gonna promote head count whores and fook up team work .

Thanks from:
01-10-2011, 17:19   #42
Grumpypants

Anyone else getting the could not find server to join message, been trying to get in for the last two days and can't find a server on PS3 works fine on Xbox.
01-10-2011, 18:04   #43
Notorioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoniK View Post
they're turned down for the beta - what you expect for 1.1GB
On PC beta they are much better, but res still capped to 720p.. I'd say the PC beta is more representative of what the PS3 version will look like. That said is annoying my laptop is better than my PS3 right now!

Overall I really like it - prone is back which makes it interesting. Mechanics of the game are good, but like said before it's not indicative of true BF capabilities or wants.. Conquest over on PC looks much more like it with jets, tanks, etc..
This map (Metro) in the alpha had tanks - but they've been removed.

I also think ppl think this like a sell out and more COD like 'cos it's filled with COD folks.. Yet to be revived.. Chased a team mate all over the metro last night hitting select for him to drop an ammo box and he never once did.. Luckily I had my handgun to shoot at him.. Basically everyone just doing their own thing
But once I got in to a proper BF type squad we worked well as a unit and thrashed the opposition who were trying to do it all on their own.

So far - really liking it.. Pity about the myriad of bugs right now on both PC and PS3 (trust me, PC has a lot more bugs) - but it's trending the right way.
Tank in metro? :O How the hell you can fit a tank in a very small map?
01-10-2011, 19:48   #44
.K.A.L.I.M.A.
Closed Account

BATTLEFIELD 3 - Discussion.

What do you think of BATTTLEFIELD 3 so far with the BETA being out and having a good game of it.

So far, I think it will be an excellent game when it come out in October 25th - 28th. I've already played the BETA, and yes I must admit, there is a good few problems with it, but remember IT'S THE BETA, not the actual game. I don't really care about the problems as I don't notice them when I'm playing, which is a good for me.

The ONLY TWO biggest problem that I had is when I downloaded the BETA, installed it, and had a game or two, it keeps signing me out of my PSN accout every minute or so and before anyone says anything, yes, I've checked my internet connection. I had to make a whole new PSN account because of it, and I'm having no problems now when I'm on that PSN account. As well, when I play with my cousin, it seems that I can't chat to him when the microphone is on.

I'll start first any ways.

GAMEPLAY AND FEATURES:
Like all BATTLEFIELD games, the gameplay is very smooth, easy to control, and just full of awesomeness. News features like jumping over walls, holding your breath while looking down the sniper rifle's scope to steady your aim, falling back if your near an explosion, and who can forget..... the knife kill system... just one of the best I've seen in my entire lifetime.

WEAPONS:
When I started leveling up, I noticed that there are a few new weapons which you wouldn't see on other games, which is good. The best weapon I think so far is the PP-2000 with ACOG X4, PEQ Box and extended magazine.

That's really all I can think at the moment. If any one knows how to fix the microphone problem, which would be a big help, can you please private message me please.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by .K.A.L.I.M.A.; 02-10-2011 at 00:02.
01-10-2011, 21:26   #45
kensutz

Send a message via Skype™ to kensutz
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size