Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

eddhorse wrote: »

Cool, but I am more specifically interested in BF3 fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I like it anyway, played it for a few hours last night and tried to run and gun and ran into a few groups defending and attacking as a unit.

After realising my mistakes, I teamed up and enjoyed it, I could be tempted to get this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

And why would that be?

(Thinking that it's true...)

Because such a high player count is only possible on pc so checking it out on console ain't gonna happen .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sorry if this hass already been discussed in the thread....but how do I mute players. I had a late start today so I decided to get a quick round in. There was the most annoying little **** online and it was too early in the morning just to ignore him. I tried various settings, but couldn't seem to mute the guy. I can handle being swallowed up by the environments and being forced to commit Hara Kiri, though having to listen to an annoying **** pre -coffee is too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Knife sequence VERY satisying, even when I get knifed by some guy I know that he was clever enough to sneak up and can do it without being spotted by someone on my team.

Diving to prone while being fired up is more satisfying than it should be.

Biggest problem is that it keeps crashing everytime I try to enter a game with a squad of my friends. Tried about 6 times last night to no avail.

The first Objective A seems just have holes in the ground everywhere, I completely stay away from it just to avoid falling through the ground into grey hell.

One of the lads spotted that the lighting is a bit off in the tunnel. You could have two soldiers in the same corner, one will be lit up as if he's outside by the other will be hidden in the dark.

Beta build that we're all playing seems buggy as hell and is starting to put off me and the lads, but we know better than to judge something purely by beta. Besides, I have it paid off so I may as well play it when it arrives. :pac:

sarumite wrote: »
    sorry if this hass already been discussed in the thread....but how do I mute players. I had a late start today so I decided to get a quick round in. There was the most annoying little **** online and it was too early in the morning just to ignore him. I tried various settings, but couldn't seem to mute the guy. I can handle being swallowed up by the environments and being forced to commit Hara Kiri, though having to listen to an annoying **** pre -coffee is too much.

Hey mate, I am thinking about this myself but the only thing that came to my mind is to connect your Bluetooth headset to the ps3 and hopefully, the chatter will be redirected to the headphones...
    Haven't tried it myself, so not sure, if only chatter transferred or the whole game sound as well :/ In X360 only voice chat was redirected if I remember correctly, so if this is the case for PS3, connect your headset and just put it aside somewhere :)
    Knife sequence VERY satisying, even when I get knifed by some guy I know that he was clever enough to sneak up and can do it without being spotted by someone on my team.

Diving to prone while being fired up is more satisfying than it should be.

Biggest problem is that it keeps crashing everytime I try to enter a game with a squad of my friends. Tried about 6 times last night to no avail.

The first Objective A seems just have holes in the ground everywhere, I completely stay away from it just to avoid falling through the ground into grey hell.

One of the lads spotted that the lighting is a bit off in the tunnel. You could have two soldiers in the same corner, one will be lit up as if he's outside by the other will be hidden in the dark.

Beta build that we're all playing seems buggy as hell and is starting to put off me and the lads, but we know better than to judge something purely by beta. Besides, I have it paid off so I may as well play it when it arrives. :pac:

My initial thought was, that is Alpha, pre-Alpha and not Beta... With issues like this I would be ashamed to send this to public for testing, I mean it shows no proper testing on their side, excuse me, no basic testing.
    Anyway, I haven't preordered the game myself, I am wondering if I should just wait and see. If they are realeasing beta of this quality 1 month before the final version...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

valdigre wrote: »
    If they are realeasing beta of this quality 1 month before the final version...

The beta code was an old build at least 3-4 weeks old, so the beta is basically the build 2 months before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'd be interested anyway, moreso when the full game comes out. Or if they release a new map in the beta!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The beta code was an old build at least 3-4 weeks old, so the beta is basically the build 2 months before release.

Yep and confirmed by DICE Ceo here

I think they know they are getting flamed on the issues with the BETA so released the above statement to let people know that they are practically playing an Alpha version .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Just seen this over in AH ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Theyd want to sort these(rather large ammount of) glitches sharpish if its out on the 28th. The caspian border cartwheeling vehicles glitch is just downright sloppy even for a beta :mad:

Edit: This they can leave in, because its bloody hilarious (player with lowest score maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

New list here just for BF3

Add me: SgtMartyMcFly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Just a note for those worrying about console graphics...
    An interesting nugget of news has come out of last night's Battlefield 3 preview event in San Francisco held by EA and DICE. While speaking with GamerZines, DICE's Patrick Liu revealed that the game would allow players to install content from one disc that would let the game stream higher resolution textures.

"There's a voluntary install on the 360," Liu said to GamerZines. "I think Rage did it as well, where you can install content to stream higher res textures. We're pushing that technology to the limit, and compared to our competitors, I would argue that we're the best looking game."

IGN reached out to EA for a statement or confirmation on this additional feature, and they responded:

"Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360 ships on two disks with endless hours of spectacular high-definition gameplay; disk one features the stunning multiplayer, co-op levels and HD installation content, and disk two features the superb single-player campaign."

Additionally, we asked EA whether or not the game would offer the same feature for PS3 owners, and fortunately this seems to be the case. "The PS3 version requires the same install but it's all on the one blu-ray disk," a spokesperson for the company confirmed.

So, it appears that the game will offer support for HD installations across both platforms, resulting in better looking graphics in exchange for some HDD real estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I can't get into a game of the beta for some reason. It wont find any servers. Was working ok a few days ago.

Anyone else having troubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got my little robot, the reaction you get when you drive by also it's easy to set bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mixednuts wrote: »
    I think they know they are getting flamed on the issues with the BETA so released the above statement to let people know that they are practically playing an Alpha version .

It feels like an Alpha. This is one of the buggiest and sloppiest betas I have ever played and that's from scrappy PC betas back to the late '90s.

Alot of betas these days are almost the finished articles and there is little to tell it from the final product so this beta is a bit of a shocker, especially to the console community but PC gamers have had this type of thing for decades.

I just hope this beta does not hurt the sales and drive most of the console gamers towards MW3 thinking BF3 is a right out mess of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

EGriff wrote: »
    I can't get into a game of the beta for some reason. It wont find any servers. Was working ok a few days ago.

Anyone else having troubles?

Had this had to turn off my firewall, worked then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It feels like an Alpha. This is one of the buggiest and sloppiest betas I have ever played and that's from scrappy PC betas back to the late '90s.

Alot of betas these days are almost the finished articles and there is little to tell it from the final product so this beta is a bit of a shocker, especially to the console community but PC gamers have had this type of thing for decades.

I just hope this beta does not hurt the sales and drive most of the console gamers towards MW3 thinking BF3 is a right out mess of a game.

I think Beta and Demo have been mixed up recently. A Beta is purely for testing not to showcase the game. Developers recently though have shot themselves in the foot offering beta access as pre order or PS+ bonus so players get hyped about getting to play the game and don't actually test it. I doubt many people here have taken the time to write to DICE with a list of issues. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

I think Beta and Demo have been mixed up recently. A Beta is purely for testing not to showcase the game. Developers recently though have shot themselves in the foot offering beta access as pre order or PS+ bonus so players get hyped about getting to play the game and don't actually test it. I doubt many people here have taken the time to write to DICE with a list of issues. :D

Just read that the betas prime role was to test the server infastructure as they wanted to avoid the BF1943 situation of servers crashing constantly due to overload. If thats true then fair enough, its over now anyway so well have to wait for the release to see if it matches the hype/criticism.

Yeah, I could not connect to beta yesterday... Have they finished the official testing period?

Does this mean I won't manage to unlock F2000, I only had 10000 credits left :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

valdigre wrote: »
    Yeah, I could not connect to beta yesterday... Have they finished the official testing period?

Does this mean I won't manage to unlock F2000, I only had 10000 credits left :D

I tried yesterday and it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Right, so what is the best deal on Battlefield 3 for PS3.

Amazon.co.uk has it for £37.97 with free shipping. Is this the best?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think I'll wait till the board nights start up again, have batman and got borderlands 2 weeks ago and still need to finish off pop warrior within.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Varik wrote: »
    Think I'll wait till the board nights start up again, have batman and got borderlands, 2 weeks ago and still need to finish off pop warrior within.

FYP, with crucial punctuation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

positron wrote: »

Sweet mother of God

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

positron wrote: »

I am far, far too excited for this game.

Pre-ordered it yesterday:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Advertisement