Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Boards.ie PS3 Games Nights]

Options
  • 26-03-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

153052.jpg

Following some discussion in the Playstation forum we have decided to start some PS3 games nights - nights where we all band together and kick some ass online playing games both old and new.

We will be playing MAG (As Raven) on Sundays, 8PM to 11PM. (MAG is €15 on the PSN store until the store updates on the 30th March).

Next up is Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Mondays, 8PM to 11PM.

Finally we have Red Dead Redemption on Wednesdays, 8PM to 11PM.

For the first week or so we're going to start off small, but the aim is to grow the nights to cover the whole week so that people can jump in with a group of Boardsies on any day that suits them. You can have your say about what games you'd like to play and give your thoughts and ideas about the nights in general >here<.

**All are welcome!** If you haven't played online very much, if at all, it doesn't matter, the aim is to have fun and get in some good games. It's always more fun playing with a group!

You will need to post your PSN ID in this thread and add me or other Boardsies to your PSN friends list in order to join our games (At the moment my friends list is full - I'm working on culling that so that I can have my Boardsies on there). Ideally we will have a text chat room open for people to join in, just in case you don't have a mic. In the case of any game with party or clan features, we will use that to create games together.

In addition to these games nights, for the next while people will be looking to try out these games:

The new release games we will be playing are Crysis 2 and Killzone 3. We will be playing these games on and off all week, but the best time to catch other Boardsies would likely be Friday and Saturday.

During the week we will also be trying to get in some games of Metal Gear Online and playing co-op games (Dead Nation, Dead Rising and Resistance 2 seem to be the top votes for co-op at the moment).

Let the games commence! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I think you're just thanks-whoring with all these new threads, Goth :p

Joking. I'll be there for the MAG night tomorrow, looking forward to it.

By the way, I can't see the header image of your post but maybe it's just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm in, PSN same as boards name.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'll be on for a bit of Red Dead Wednesday night!

sheehy83

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great idea. I'll be working late this week, but will definitely be up for it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Up for MAG and Battlefield anyway. Don't have Red Dead anymore.

Playing Crysis a lot at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I deleted as many people as I could from my friends list and added some more Boardsies from the other thread. Tomorrow before we start playing MAG I will make a new Boards MAG clan and add all interested parties to it - that way even if we are not PSN friends you'll be able to join our game. That way we'll be able to select 'clan deploy' when we're looking for a game.

Just a reminder that MAG was updated recently so if you haven't played in a while a patch awaits you (about 200MB in total I think it is between the patch and server download).
    PaddyBomb wrote: »
    By the way, I can't see the header image of your post but maybe it's just me?
    Is it fixed now?

I still don't have BFBC2 btw guys, I will get it eventually. Hopefully someone can be the 'leader' for that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Banner looks sweet.
    Any chance you can make a sig. size banner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

psn: jebuslives

will buy mag today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm in,RDR wedesday night :)

PSN:sephirothdude,add me

I'm in,RDR wedesday night :)

PSN:sephirothdude,add me

Most up to date list(that I'm aware of) is here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71374465&postcount=77.

Might I suggest you start adding names.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Banner looks sweet.
    Any chance you can make a sig. size banner?
    Sure! I shall attach it to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There could be similar thing for xbox people?

Mag is grand as you can do big parties. Dunno how it will work with games like bc2? Ar you planing pure private game? Surely you will collect 24 people for that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

F1ngers wrote: »
    Most up to date list(that I'm aware of) is here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71374465&postcount=77.

Might I suggest you start adding names.

Will do ;)

I couldn't add anyone to the clan as everyone is in a clan already (and a surprising amount of you are leaders of clans!) so before we start MAG later I'd ask that you leave your old clan so that I can invite you to the new Boards clan. If you don't want to leave your clan I'm sure we can sort something out it would just be much easier to use 'Clan Deploy'. I'll try and make you all officers too so that you can add friends who may wish to join us.
    There could be similar thing for xbox people?
    Well I don't have Xbox Live so I won't be setting one up, but maybe you or an Xbox forum mod could set one up? Maybe start a thread in the Xbox forum to gauge interest?

As for BFBC2, it all depends on how many people are online at the time. I doubt we'd get 24 people this week but maybe down the line we could manage it.

If people are just getting MAG today or starting over with a new character it's worth leveling up a bit today before tonight just to unlock game modes and the like for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Which faction for MAG, not sure if ill be on but ill try. Im still with Raven.

I think he mentioned Raven in the other thread. I think i'm about level 30 with them at the moment so i'm happy with that.

If it's your first time playing MAG, I suggest you do the training mission as it gives you the basics and gives you some skill points to spend when finished.

GothPunk wrote: »
    I couldn't add anyone to the clan as everyone is in a clan already (and a surprising amount of you are leaders of clans!) so before we start MAG later I'd ask that you leave your old clan so that I can invite you to the new Boards clan. If you don't want to leave your clan I'm sure we can sort something out it would just be much easier to use 'Clan Deploy'. I'll try and make you all officers too so that you can add friends who may wish to join us.

Done, was the only member of my clan, MGO..:o

I think you'll find we were all in our own private clan..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Definitely be up for BC2 and MAG (maybe), MAG just got delivered yesterday.

PSN: FranticEIRE

Have yet to pick RDR up on the PS3 yet, been putting it off for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

If people are just getting MAG today or starting over with a new character it's worth leveling up a bit today before tonight just to unlock game modes and the like for tonight.

Takes a while to level up alright if you aint a medic. Getting knifed a lot as i dont know the controls yet....

• Advertisement

I'm out tonight anyway. Don't know what's happened since I played it last but absolutely hate MAG now! Maybe it's starting at the start again but had the most miserable few hours playing it there. I was finding it unbelievably frustrating. Having to hit level 9 before I get any sort of sight on a gun is a pain enough. So I'll leave it alone tonight, before I end up breaking something other than the MAG disc! I'll definitely be around for Battlefield tomorrow night anyway. Enjoy it tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Hi, can someone add me to the clan - psn decnug

What clan are we using? I'll leave the one i'm in atm and i expect an invite Mr. Punk!!

What clan are we using? I'll leave the one i'm in atm and i expect an invite Mr. Punk!!
    That's Señor Punk-sama to you, Wolfie!

That was some good gaming we had there, and we won a game! Imagine that? :pac: I think we'll definitely be keeping MAG on the rota anyways, that was really good. If we can manage 16 regulars (which we almost had) we would have 2 full squads which would be all kinds of awesome. Plus as people level up we'll be sure to win more games and thus have even more fun.

Thanks for playing er'rybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, that was good. The more we communicated the better it got. That one match defending in Acquisition was some real good MAG. We had them held off at every angle.

Good games tonight, lads. I'm looking forward to leveling up a bit and getting more skill points. I forgot how hard MAG was starting off as a level 1 :eek:

I leave... We start winning.... This is interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I leave... We start winning.... This is interesting...
    I know who's team I dont wanna be on next time when I play. :pac:

Sorry I didnt get to play last night. Really burnt the candle at both ends on Friday and Saturday night and was asleep by 8 last night. Think I'll delete my Valor character and start with Raven now. Sounds like it was fun. Did most of you have mics last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I know who's team I dont wanna be on next time when I play. :pac:

Sorry I didnt get to play last night. Really burnt the candle at both ends on Friday and Saturday night and was asleep by 8 last night. Think I'll delete my Valor character and start with Raven now. Sounds like it was fun. Did most of you have mics last night?

Yep most people seemed to have headsets alright....a lot of cursing coming from mine :eek:

• Advertisement

Was fun alright. Nice being slaughtered in a group. :p
    Looking forward to BF-BC2 tonight. Haven't played it in a while, so going to practice a bit before tonight.

Advertisement