Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race hate gang in Temple Bar orgy of violence [mod note #1]

Options
  • 08-07-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

A MOB went on a wave of random race violence on Temple Bar, which left five Dubliners with horrific injuries.

One man -- a Dublin DJ -- was almost killed in the attack as he suffered serious head injuries when he was set upon by the gang.

The level of violence has shocked gardai and the many witnesses to the race hate orgy -- believed to be the first of its kind in the city.

One member of the African gang was arrested today in pre-dawn raids by detectives across the capital.

Five Dubliners, all aged in their 20s, were left with horrific injuries in the October 2010 attacks, which have only come to light now.

Shocked

The gang -- all aged in their late teens -- savagely attacked six Irish people in the Temple Bar area of the capital in the early hours of October 10 last.

The gang, who are heavily involved in other street robberies and beatings, are all expected to appear in court.

Sources say that even seasoned detectives were left "horrified and shocked" by the extreme level of violence used in the attacks which occurred in the Eustace Street and Curved Street areas of Temple Bar at around 3.30am on the date in question.

A senior source explained: "We believe that what happened on the night was motivated by racism -- that is racism against white people.

"When the suspects were first questioned they tried to use racism as a defence -- they tried to say that they had been racially abused by the victims for being black.

"But absolutely no evidence of that was ever uncovered and gardai are satisfied that the culprits were not racially abused."

Dozens of people witnessed the shocking chain of events which started when two young men and a woman were randomly attacked at Eustace Street.

In the space of less than three minutes, five people were left with terrible injuries as bottles, punches and kicks were used to hurt the victims.

In the most serious incident, a DJ who was standing on Curved Street was set-upon and almost killed by the gang of thugs.

A source explained: "The DJ was standing outside a premises while other assaults were going on around him. His DJ bag -- with records in it -- was on the ground beside him.

"One of the gang picked up the DJ's bag and ran off, with the victim running after him. Then the attacker turned around and punched the victim, knocking him unconscious.

"When the DJ hit the floor, the culprit stamped on the man's head in what was a ferocious display of violence.

"This victim is very lucky to be alive -- the entire left side of his head was broken because of that stamping incident. The victim ended up having to have a metal plate inserted into his head -- if this did not happen he would have lost his eyesight."

Sources have revealed that another victim suffered a fractured skull in an incident in which gardai believe a glass bottle was used.

The gang are now expected to face a huge number of charges, including multiple serious assault charges, violent disorder, theft and production of an offensive weapon.

Trafficking

The arrest was made this morning after a massive investigation by detectives from Pearse Street Garda Station.

Other suspects were being hunted today.

The mother of one of the suspects has a conviction and served jail time for trafficking children into France from Nigeria.

The gang is suspected of being involved in other street assaults and have links to a criminal who was involved in robbing head shops and has been convicted of hijacking a Dublin taxi.
    http://bit.ly/rcH0GS

I had assumed when I read the headline that it was a gang of white neo nazi type scumbags going around attacking black people... I was wrong.
    See how they tried to use the racist card as an excuse? Why did it take so long to arrest them?
    I hate racists, should be locked up for a long time, or if the people in this case aren't Irish they should be packed off back to whatever country they are from.
    I know there is a "black and tans" related joke in there, AH, please deliver.

Mod note: we're all upset about this but please try to keep on topic and keep in mind that although a few black guys did this, it doesn't mean all black people are to blame. Blatant racism will be met with bans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Can't wait to read this after my lunch hour. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I know there is a "black and tans" related joke in there, AH, please deliver.

Looks like the black and tans are b(l)ack ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

These people are just scumbags, No matter what colour they are, I reckon they were on something strong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...The gang are now expected to face a huge number of charges, including multiple serious assault charges, violent disorder, theft and production of an offensive weapon...
    ...So they will be out and about in two/three months after sentencing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Stick them on the next boat outa here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Deport them all, after they serve their sentence. I'm sure there'll be a couple of 100 inmates who'll be only too happy to accommodate their willingness to fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Didn't any of the onlookers/witnesses have camera phones? If it was a white gang beating up a black guy ........ there would be lots of footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Hmm... these attacks happened back in October? Why wasn't it reported then? This seems like something that should have been released to the public immediately thus it makes me question the timing of the article now.

It is a shame that these youth went out and attacked random people. Here in the States, you do encounter groups of youth who enjoy intimidating people; they just reinforce the unfortunate stereotypes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Deport them all, after they serve their sentence. I'm sure there'll be a couple of 100 inmates who'll be only too happy to accommodate their willingness to fight.

Deport them all? Even if they are all Irish citizens? I do think it is fascinating that the terms "African" and "Irish" were used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Waiting for Dudess to come to their rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Heads on pikes and put them on display at Dublin airport to warn any future visitors/immigrants thinking of causing trouble. Only rational punishment and would deter future possible crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

It's great to see they've all been caught and arrested. It's just a pity the justice system in this country rarely works and they'll probably be made out to be the victims. Guaranteed when this goes to court all you'll hear is sob stories and the judge will take pity on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

old_aussie wrote: »
    Waiting for Dudess to come to their rescue.

She's not turned up yet, maybe you should whine a little louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Hmm... these attacks happened back in October? Why wasn't it reported then? This seems like something that should have been released to the public immediately thus it makes me question the timing of the article now.

This was reported at the time. There was an interesting thread on politics.ie about how exactly is was reported...
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/media/140637-article-temple-bar-attacks-edited-without-explanation.html

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

Deport them all? Even if they are all Irish citizens? I do think it is fascinating that the terms "African" and "Irish" were used.
    They were used to make it clear that it was a gang of black youths attacking white people. This is significant as it has never really happened here before, not that I know of anyway. Any Irish person opening this thread would assume that the gang was a group of teenange white Irish scumbags attacking people of colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

At least it was only a DJ got a hiding. Double points if he was one of those ones that lives with an record bag with an obscure label on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

"When the suspects were first questioned they tried to use racism as a defence -- they tried to say that they had been racially abused by the victims for being black."

Ah, the standard defense to excuse all behavior. If you find yourself in conflict play that card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

It's great to see they've all been caught and arrested. It's just a pity the justice system in this country rarely works and they'll probably be made out to be the victims. Guaranteed when this goes to court all you'll hear is sob stories and the judge will take pity on them!

exactly.
    im sure the racial spin card will be used here too :rolleyes:
    African scumbags in this case will mostly like try to say involved irish people called them the "n" word. Try to twist things anyway they can.

EDIT

geez... i said the above bit before reading this:
    "When the suspects were first questioned they tried to use racism as a defence -- they tried to say that they had been racially abused by the victims for being black."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    ...I hate racists... if the people in this case aren't Irish they should be packed off back to whatever country they are from...

Isn't it ironic?:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The DJ shouldn't have played some Offspring....... Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AGAIN they should all be dropped home to their own country from 50,000 feet.

Because their parents may have been from an African country but they could have been born in Ireland and have been citizens since birth. Wouldn't that make them Irish, also?

And, why use the term African? Is that supposed to be the same as saying Black? Why aren't they identified by their country of origin if they aren't Irish? Why not say a group of Somali, Sudanese, Egyptian, etc. youth?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

As an African and immigrant (yes you do get white Africans!!) to Ireland, I say hang 'em on high.

We have enough trash roaming about the place, no need to let guests at it as well.

This all of course, assumes they're proved guilty as charged and given their 3 week sentence with Sky TV and marshmallows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Hermy wrote: »
    Isn't it ironic?:)
    How is it ironic? If they are foreign, and they did this, they should be chucked out of Ireland. Wanting criminals deported is not racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Mena wrote: »
    As an African and immigrant (yes you do get white Africans!!) to Ireland, I say hang 'em on high.

South African?

Opelfruit wrote: »
    They were used to make it clear that it was a gang of black youths attacking white people. This is significant as it has never really happened here before, not that I know of anyway. Any Irish person opening this thread would assume that the gang was a group of teenange white Irish scumbags attacking people of colour.

I don't discount this story as being significant. I am questioning why they aren't identified as simply being Black and their victims as being White? One can be Black and be an Irish citizen. I met a few of them; I even know a Black American married to an Irish citizen who has children who are citizens. If it involved their kids, would the story then be Americans attacking Irish people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

stovelid wrote: »
    South African?

yes

Bah, you changed your post !

English South African.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

I actually know the DJ thats was attacked.. he posted a pic on Facebook of his face the day after the attack...

he was in a a bad way.. 4 breaks and two missing teeth. He had to get an operation put two plates in his face :(....

A quote from his facebook
    1 them grabbed me dj bag and i chased him through a lane and bout 4 or 5 of them were waitin with bats and bottles and all knocked me ou and they were stamping on me head for ages and all... broke me face in 4 places and lost two me teeth dirty c*nts

A few weeks later, he got his DJ bag/case back with all his stuff still in it and now he's back DJing and just recently signed to a Italian record Label :D:D

No matter what life throws at ya, always come back stronger..;)

Advertisement