Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS250 Set Up

Options
  • 30-06-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

i was just given an aritech cs250, i know its an old system but it is new in box, ive installed it with some contacts sensors and 1 pir. i have no sabb or internal bell or back up battery connected yet. manual says on first power up i will be asked to iniotialise system by pressing NO and #, but i am not getting this, its saying alarm and has a date from a few years ago on display, should have i not connected up anything until; i program

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will still programme up fine. If the keypad is responding OK just work away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

antomag wrote: »
    i was just given an aritech cs250, i know its an old system but it is new in box, ive installed it with some contacts sensors and 1 pir. i have no sabb or internal bell or back up battery connected yet. manual says on first power up i will be asked to iniotialise system by pressing NO and #, but i am not getting this, its saying alarm and has a date from a few years ago on display, should have i not connected up anything until; i program

Sounds like the system was already set up and is in alarm. You will need either the user and engineer code or the system flashed to bring it back to factory settings.
    Default is 1122 User. 1278 Engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 antomag

thanks those codes worked, wired up everything. some new contacts and sensors and 1 pir. i put resistor in series with these, i had an existing older aritech that i just moved some zones from. i installed a new hkc sabb. when i try to set it comes up EXT TAMP. know this might be the bell but done bell test and all worked. bell has built in resistor so did not put one at panel. any help

thanks those codes worked, wired up everything. some new contacts and sensors and 1 pir. i put resistor in series with these, i had an existing older aritech that i just moved some zones from. i installed a new hkc sabb. when i try to set it comes up EXT TAMP. know this might be the bell but done bell test and all worked. bell has built in resistor so did not put one at panel. any help

Take out the left side of the resistor in the external bell and join the cable with the resistor leg and put back in. The other cable goes in the SABB hold off.
    This is wired into the external tamper in the control panel. To test you have the right terminals in the control panel put in a 4k7 resistor. This should close the external tamper, take out resistor then connect the bell cables to it.

altor, done all the above, wiring looks right, put resistor across tamper in panel, one with the hammer, but still says ext tamp

• Advertisement

altor, done all the above, wiring looks right, put resistor across tamper in panel, one with the hammer, but still says ext tamp

Are you sure you have it in the proper terminals ?
    Have you got a manual to see the external tamper in the panel ?

have the sabb manual and cs250 manual...on sabb i have strobe going to small bell ( internal bell) sabb external bell going to big bell ( external bell) on panel.... then i have sabb BHO going to bell hold off on panel and tamper resistor on sabb going to tamper return on panel.......i did put resistor accross tamper in panel and still showing ext tamp on keypad.....i trhink ill give up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Can you post a picture of the wiring in the panel, might help.

have the sabb manual and cs250 manual...on sabb i have strobe going to small bell ( internal bell) sabb external bell going to big bell ( external bell) on panel.... then i have sabb BHO going to bell hold off on panel and tamper resistor on sabb going to tamper return on panel.......i did put resistor accross tamper in panel and still showing ext tamp on keypad.....i trhink ill give up

Make sure it is a 4k7 resistor or it will still show open. The resistor you got with the HKC SABB is 4k7. It is the first two terminals where the hammer is.

ok when i wired up sabb as per instructions and using resistor in situ in sabb t came up EXT TAMP. when i put a resistor that came with cs250 across the HAMMER connections in cs250 it came up Ext Tamp.

• Advertisement

Sounds like there's a problem with the panel, very unusual to be honest.
    Post a picture up of the resistor wired into the panel just so we can be sure the connections are correct.
    Did you try power down and up again?

just to let you know im new to this alarm lark, forgot to say across the tamper ( hammers ) on cs250 i also have a pir tamper connection, when i put the resistor directly across tamper in panel the pir and sabb tamper wires where still in situ too

Remove all cables. Wire the resistor in by itself. If it closes then wire the bell in on its own with the resistor removed from the panel but in the bell. If it's okay leave it be. You shouldnt have the beam tamper wired in there anyway. Why not have it wired into its zone?

the diagram that came with pir says terminals 3 and 4 to voltage on panel, term 5 and 6 to zone on panel terminal 1 and 2 are tamper so i put them to tamper on panel. the resistor in pir is on zone wiring

If you don't have a spare zone for the tamper you should wire the beam 'dual' which means using two resistors in the beam. I don't gave a diagram to hand as I'm posting from my phone but Altor normally has diagrams so maybe he'll post one up for you.

The alternative is to not use the tamper, it's not really essential especially for a self install. Might be handier for you that way.

Is the bell tamper now closed?

i am not sure what you mean when you say spare zone for tamper, the panel has tamper teminals that i have the sabbs BHO and tamper return in and i also have the tamper for the PIR paralleled into this too. do you think i should take the tamper for the pir off and if so what to i do with the wires just short them

It shouldn't be pararelled for starters, it would mean both tampers would have to be open at the same for the tamper to activate.

Your panel has eight zones, you can programme each zone for different things like fire, panic, tamper etc. If you had a zone that you haven't used you could wire your beam tamper into it and programme it as tamper in the zone types menu.

If you don't want to do any of that then don't anything with the cable, leave it out. The beam doesn't need a tamper to work.

the diagram that came with pir says terminals 3 and 4 to voltage on panel, term 5 and 6 to zone on panel terminal 1 and 2 are tamper so i put them to tamper on panel. the resistor in pir is on zone wiring

That is incorrect, terminals 1 and 2 are for the 12v for any devices that you need power for. 3, 4 and 5 are for the keypad. I would not advise to connect any devices to the alarm without tampering them. Please find diagram below for dual end of line wiring of the pirs. If wired this way then change the zones loop type to suit.

If you did decide to wire the detectors without the resistors you could use a zone or two to wire the tampers of the devices to.

altor wrote: »
    That is incorrect, terminals 1 and 2 are for the 12v for any devices that you need power for. 3, 4 and 5 are for the keypad. I would not advise to connect any devices to the alarm without tampering them. Please find diagram below for dual end of line wiring of the pirs. If wired this way then change the zones loop type to suit.

If you did decide to wire the detectors without the resistors you could use a zone or two to wire the tampers of the devices to.

Was he not referring to the beams wiring diagram?

yes those pin numbers where on the pir: 1 and 2 tamper 3 and 4 power 5 and 6 zone, as i said i had tampers for sabb and pir paralleled in the tamper in cs250. i will remove tamper wires from pir and see what happens.

• Advertisement

yes those pin numbers where on the pir: 1 and 2 tamper 3 and 4 power 5 and 6 zone, as i said i had tampers for sabb and pir paralleled in the tamper in cs250. i will remove tamper wires from pir and see what happens.

If you can put the resistor in the control panel to rule out a problem with the tamper for the bell being the panel itself. If you wire up the PIR as I have suggested it will be better protected than having no tamper on it.

ok will try that ad let you kow

thanks for all the help sorted that, but one last thing, the old alarm had a panic attack button. i need to know how to wire this with just 2 wires, when i try to set alarm it says panic alarm zone tamper. at the moment i just have 2 wire from button going to zone with resistor in series. the othe 2 wires on the tamper for pa i have going nowhere, how can i do this if i onl;y have 2 wires, any help

Don't use any resistors. Directly wire your pair from the panel into the terminals on the panic. Programme the 'loop type' as 'no EOL'.

only choice is single loop and dual loop.

ok i just connected pa using 2 wires no reistor. the panel zone is programmed as pa. in dual mode it shows up tamper fault,, in single mode the pa shows up as an open zone and wont let me arm

i put 4k7 resistor in series. pa now shows closed, when i do walk test i get nothing when i test pa

I thought there was an option for no eol on the 250, ah well.

Programme it for single. Wire your two cables into the zone on the panel by themselves. At the PA there is two terminals, in one terminal wire in one leg of the resistor. In the other terminal wire in one of your cables. You are now left with one leg of the resistor and one cable. Twist them together and screw them into one of the spare screws that's on the PA. Put the lid back on the PA and you should be sorted.

thanks for all the help sorted that, but one last thing, the old alarm had a panic attack button. i need to know how to wire this with just 2 wires, when i try to set alarm it says panic alarm zone tamper. at the moment i just have 2 wire from button going to zone with resistor in series. the othe 2 wires on the tamper for pa i have going nowhere, how can i do this if i onl;y have 2 wires, any help

Hope this helps, always best to tamper your devices on the system :D

• Advertisement

Alls good Almost... thanks for all the help. 1 last thing, when i had the initial EXT TAMP i went into programming and inhibited that, now when i set alarm it comes up that this is inhibited. any ideas how i cancel this,

Advertisement