OK, so there's no point leaving this to others.
I'm a 4 out of 10 when it comes to technical competency which means two things:-
1. If I can do the following so can you
2. Independently validate everything I say. Don't send me a bill if you brick your phone!!
I just spent a couple of hours with my brand new SGS II which was running KE1 and now it's running Litening Rom 1.5.
Here's everything you need
1. Download Odin V1.85 here http://samsunggalaxys2review.org/wp-...n3-v1-1.85.zip
2. Download Litening Rom V1.5 from here http://www.multiupload.com/D8F1YXS6IZ
3. Download Litening Wallpapers App from the market here https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
4. Read and follow the instructions from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1095274
5. The key to connecting your phone to Odin is to have it in "Download" mode which means powering off your phone, waiting 10 seconds to make sure it's fully powered off then hold volume DOWN
, home and the power buttons at the same time. This will bring up a yellow type screen which might freak you out a little as it has a warning about loading custom roms. This is your "no turning back" moment so to speak. You need to confirm you know what you're doing by hitting the volume UP button and then you're good to go.
Flashing the Litening 1.5 ROM is as easy as launching the Odin 1.85 App, putting your phone into download mode, then (and only then) connecting your phone via USB cable to your PC, load the PDA file, make sure "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are ticked, hit start and 2 minutes later you (should) have a lightning fast phone with a longer lasting battery.
Enjoy and if you brick your phone please email [email protected]