Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

01-06-2011, 09:48   #751
dubliin_ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geansai Rua View Post
Wondering how many ppts would be in a regular fairy cake? My ma made some today and I couldnt not have one!
i made some a few weeks ago - pretty standard receipe, maybe very slighly smaller that a regular bun but with no icing etc and it worked out at 3pps.

On another note - can anyone tell me the pps in a mini mars bar - I was thinking 3 but I didn't have the bag to get the nutritional info from.

Thanks
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2011, 09:53   #752
Baby75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monife View Post
You beat me to it with your great idea of making garlic bread. Was going to say you could have some WW or lowfat garlic bread but your idea sounds waaay nicer.
I was going to suggest home made garlic bread made with wholemeal bread, butter and crushed garlic and parsley ! I love the sound of the bagel though as well!

Well if I lose 2 pound tomorrow, I will have made 7 pounds by the Bank Holiday a slow and steady loss, I dont think I will lose 2 pounds I will be down though but not that much! see what tomorrow brings.

Lainy thanks for that information on exercise! Im going to use my heartbeat as well to work it out! I am finding exercise is getting easier now so upping the pressure now. I walked to a near by park yesterday they have free exercise machines you can use, I can feel it in my legs today
01-06-2011, 10:09   #753
Baby75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubliin_ali View Post
i made some a few weeks ago - pretty standard receipe, maybe very slighly smaller that a regular bun but with no icing etc and it worked out at 3pps.

On another note - can anyone tell me the pps in a mini mars bar - I was thinking 3 but I didn't have the bag to get the nutritional info from.

Thanks
Is that the really small ones! or the ones slightly bigger but smaller than the normal size ones! I know I pointed ones same as a marsbar but tesco brand as 5pp so say the mini ones would be 3 all right!
01-06-2011, 10:14   #754
bubbaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lainy View Post
right i'm off to make some spud soup to have for my lunch tomorrow....if i make it now I'll have to eat it for my lunch tomorrow!!!!!

1st of june tomorrow! 5lbs challenge!
What's the 5 lbs challenge? I might accept it!
01-06-2011, 10:15   #755
izzy24

Had WI in last nite.. Down 1.5lbs... 3 lbs to my next stone... Fingers crossed for next week...
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2011, 10:25   #756
flamelily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lainy View Post
So tomorrow is 1st of June! Perfect chance for us ALL to put the right step forward! I'm hoping to lose 5-6 lbs by the end of june. (hopefully more) but i think 5 or 6 lbs is reasonable, doable, HEALTHY weight loss with diet and excercise and less tv...i've noticed since i'm not watching as much tv...i'm not snacking as much!

On that note...off to do a aerobics dvd. just gotta finisha a few emails and tend to my farm (farmville addict)
hey Bubbaloo this was lainys challenge
Thanks from:
01-06-2011, 10:25   #757
laura29

Back to WW after 5 years !

Love this thread everyone , been putting this off ages finally starting my first meeting tuesday ! gutted i didnt do it yesterday , can anyone tell me if the pro points system complicated ?? im a pro at the old system but this seems quite complicated ! dont know whether to weight myself and start today or just hold on till my first meeting , ive bought a few ww meals to get me going just have no idea how many pro points im allowed ? cant wait to start seeing the lbs drop off
Thanks from:
01-06-2011, 10:28   #758
dubliin_ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby75 View Post
Is that the really small ones! or the ones slightly bigger but smaller than the normal size ones! I know I pointed ones same as a marsbar but tesco brand as 5pp so say the mini ones would be 3 all right!

LOL - no it's not the mini "cupcake" ones. just slightly smaller than the normal sized ones.
Thanks from:
01-06-2011, 10:41   #759
Tmeos
Closed Account

Hi All, Week 7 this week and I'm down 3.5 this week so got my third silver 7 and my 10%. Cant believe I've lost 23 lbs in just 7 weeks. It has really made me focused on not undoing my hard work when I'm away this week! P.S. Happy June everyone!
(7) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2011, 10:49   #760
laura29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmeos View Post
Hi All, Week 7 this week and I'm down 3.5 this week so got my third silver 7 and my 10%. Cant believe I've lost 23 lbs in just 7 weeks. It has really made me focused on not undoing my hard work when I'm away this week! P.S. Happy June everyone!
WOW !!! Thats fantastic progress well done you , any spare motivation you can throw it my way
01-06-2011, 10:59   #761
lizlemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamelily View Post
hey Bubbaloo this was lainys challenge
Lol
Is Lainey the only one who can set goals for themselves?
01-06-2011, 11:11   #762
flamelily

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlemon View Post
Lol
Is Lainey the only one who can set goals for themselves?
nope but its an interesting one for the month of June......will fit in nicely with my next two mini goals

* to get my 5% weight loss (1lb to go)
* to lose 1 stone (7lb to go)

love the motivation so I am piggy backing on her idea
01-06-2011, 11:14   #763
laura29

The Macdonalds advert (picture !!!) at the end of this thread is evil lol a rice cracker might be more fitting !
01-06-2011, 11:16   #764
Laurbie

Hey all,
Its my birthday today so my OH is bringing me for dinner tonight. Im going through the menu online so that I can make the best decision in advance. Can anybody tell me if risotto is high? As always my eye is drawn to all of the bad choices but Im determined to stay within my points.
Congrats on all of the losses I have my WI tonight!
01-06-2011, 11:22   #765
numbernerd

Hey All!

I'm back on the radar-exams complete, house moved and afew other big things acomplished in the last few weeks!!

Anyways I was the bright spark who initiated the -7lbs for June Bank hol a month ago...

Unfort I went mental with chocolate for my exams so if i'm gonna get there I have 3 days to loose 3lbs which is a tad optimistic but I've a big weekend ahead so I'm just gonna be super good until then and see what happens

On another note, nite out after exams was my first big nite in a while and it just felt so amazing to hear all the compliments-better than any figure on the scale for me!!

Well done to everyone doing so well and welcome to all the newbies!
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed