Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Core i5 Laptop for €513 incl. delivery

Options
  • 17-04-2011 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

IBOOD have this laptop, cracking deal!

5223_w2_hi_1302882110.jpg
    • Brand: Samsung
    • Type: NP-RV511
    • Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64bit)
    • Processor Intel® CoreTM i5 Processor 480M (2.66 GHz, 3 MB)
    • Main Chipset Intel HM55
    • System Memory 4GB (DDR3 / 2 x 2GB)
    • Memory Slot 2 x SODIMM (Up to 4GB)
    • Display LCD 15.6” LED HD (1366 x 768) 16:9 Gloss
    • Graphic Processor INVIDIA GeForce 315M (Ext. Graphic)
    • Graphic Memory 1GB DDR3 (Ext. Graphic)
    • HDD 500 GB (5400 rpm S-ATA)
    • ODD DVD (S-ATA) / Super Multi Dual Layer (S-ATA)
    • Wired Ethernet LAN Gigabit LAN
    • Wireless LAN 802.11bg/n
    • Bluetooth Bluetooth V3.0 High Speed
    • Sound HD (High Definition) Audio
    • Sound Effect SRS 3D Sound Effect / Mic Noise Suppression
    • Speaker 3 W Stereo Speaker (1.5 W x 2)
    • Integrated Camera Web Camera
    • Ports: VGA, Headphone-out, Mic-in, Internal Mic, 3 x USB 2.0, HDMI
    • Multi Card Slot (4-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)), RJ45 (LAN), DC-In (Power Port), BIOS Boot Up Password, Kensington Lock Port, Samsung Recovery Solution
    • AC Adapter 60 Watt
    • Battery 6 Cell (4400mAh)
    • Delivery: 7 – 10 working days
    • Dimension (WxDxH) 345.9 x 238 x 31.4 ~ 34.8 mm
    • Weight 2.5Kg
    • Warranty: 1 year Samsung international warranty

Great spec at a great price, worth every penny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Exact model £554 sterling on Saveonlaptops here

Good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Whats the diffenence between between this one and one posted by smccarrick,
    both have model code NP-RV511-S03UK
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_RV511_1054342.htm
    Part Number: NP-RV511-S03UK

Stock Code: 6978172

Intel® Core™ i5-480M Dual Core Processor, 15.6" Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, 1GB Dedicated Graphics, NP-RV511-S03UK

£539

chris1970 wrote: »
    Whats the diffenence between between this one and one posted by smccarrick,
    both have model code NP-RV511-S03UK
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_RV511_1054342.htm
    Part Number: NP-RV511-S03UK

Stock Code: 6978172

Intel® Core™ i5-480M Dual Core Processor, 15.6" Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, 1GB Dedicated Graphics, NP-RV511-S03UK

£539

Hard-drive- the one you've linked to has a larger, but slightly slower hard-drive (640Gb versus 500Gb). The smaller hard-drive is from a different manufacturer, and is faster- most people will probably be go with the larger hard-drive without investigating further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

That is a great deal to be fair. Very quick laptop clearly and a fairly nice looking one too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Went for the plunge. Looked like a great deal, especially with the i5 for that price.

silvo wrote: »
    Went for the plunge. Looked like a great deal, especially with the i5 for that price.

If there was a 'jealous' smiley- thats what I'd be using now.....
    It does look like a lovely machine- I'm sure you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

I have ordered several items off ibood, it usually takes two months before anything is delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

liam24 wrote: »
    I have ordered several items off ibood, it usually takes two months before anything is delivered.
    Ive ordered twice and had both in a week. One a small package and the other a tv

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Ive ordered twice and had both in a week. One a small package and the other a tv
    Same here, orderede two items since xmas, both came within 8 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Yep, likewise, 14 days tops. No where near 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Also took the plunge .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

is it gone, ? would have loved to order one!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

yep,gonzo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Anybody get their shipping details on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Nope still waiting

I have `nt even got a confirmation email .But they have taken the money .

Did the same to me on the Toshiba AC100 I ordered a week previous. In my order history the status is 'Payment Received'....... I thought companies didn't normally deduct the cash from your credit card until they actually shipped the product? Its actually deducted, not just authorised, from mine.

This crowd (ibood) make pixmania look good , definitely never again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

rebeve wrote: »
    This crowd (ibood) make pixmania look good , definitely never again .

Why? You'll get what you ordered, in the quoted time. What's the problem?

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    Doubt it very much , unless its being delivered by the shuttle .

testicle wrote: »

I'm waiting 3 weeks for the previous laptop (thus far) (its a Toshiba AC100).
    I've e-mailed and filled out the online query form- and not gotten so much as an automated response. In addition- they removed the cash from my credit card immediately (3+ weeks ago).

So- your order can be at 'Payment Received' status and simply sit there- forever....... (or so it seems). They take the money immediately- without giving you any indication of when you might receive the product. They don't even acknowledge any queries you give them. And they don't have a published phone number (that I can find).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Had a look at the original spec and it states that delivery is between 7 and ten working days so I would expect it between the 27th April and the 1st May.

smccarrick wrote: »
    I'm waiting 3 weeks for the previous laptop (thus far) (its a Toshiba AC100).
    I've e-mailed and filled out the online query form- and not gotten so much as an automated response. In addition- they removed the cash from my credit card immediately (3+ weeks ago).

So- your order can be at 'Payment Received' status and simply sit there- forever....... (or so it seems). They take the money immediately- without giving you any indication of when you might receive the product. They don't even acknowledge any queries you give them. And they don't have a published phone number (that I can find).
    I got them on this number :014773908.I rang them , they said they would ring me back in an hour .That was 2 days ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, there have been times when I have waited two months for ibood to deliver items. I wanted the laptop but there was no way I would be prepared to wait 2 months like I did with an air purifier and an xbox 360, that I orderd off them.

Its like buying from a company in the twilight zone .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

yarr ye were warned

ibood postage slower than tectonic plate movement

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RND

Just called about order status & they said order should arrive early next week. Not completely convinced but at least it is possible to speak to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I got my tv in 2 weeks when ordering.

• Advertisement

RND wrote: »
    Just called about order status & they said order should arrive early next week. Not completely convinced but at least it is possible to speak to someone.

Yay! I've just got a UPS trace and track e-mail!

Advertisement