Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHELTENHAM - DAY 2: Wednesday 16th March

Options
  • 14-03-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

All DAY 2 tips/selections etc to be posted here.
    • 1:30 141st Year of National Hunt Chase Challenge Cup (Amateur Riders´ Novices Chase): Cl2 4m
    • 2:05 Neptune Investment Management Novices Hurdle (Registered As The Baring Bingham Novices´Hurdle): Cl1 2m5f
    • 2:40 RSA Chase: Grade 1 Cl1 3m110y
    • 3:20 sportingbet.com Queen Mother Champion Chase: Grade 1 Cl1 2m
    • 4:00 Coral Cup (Handicap Hurdle): Grade 3 Cl1 2m5f
    • 4:40 Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle: Grade 3 Cl1 2m110y
    • 5:15 Weatherbys Champion Bumper: (Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race) Grade 1 Cl1 2m110y
    Here's To Hoping :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Oscars Well 2.05 win>>>best price atm 3s at Boylesports.Il be on him large!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭scheister

im actually thinking so young for this race. both are best prices at 7/2 with bet365. but it will be close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!

Using the same criteria as yesterday* (course form, a win this NH season, price), I'm not going near the bumper.

13.30 Chicago Grey
    14.05 Rock on Ruby
    14.40 Wayard Prince
    15.20 Sizing Europe (no recent win but has course/ground and made me few bob last year)
    16.00 Aegean Dawn
    16.40 Celtus

274560.00/1 :D

*subject to corrections

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Can someone give me list of times and horses Ruby will be racing with tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Allure Of Illusion in the Bumper :|

• Advertisement

WarZoneBrother,

* 14:05 Cheltenham - So Young (FR)
    * 14:40 Cheltenham - Mikael D'Haguenet (FR)
    * 15:20 Cheltenham - Master Minded (FR)
    * 16:00 Cheltenham - Call The Police (IRE)
    * 17:15 Cheltenham - Tusa Eire (IRE)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

mike65 wrote: »
    WarZoneBrother,

* 14:05 Cheltenham - So Young (FR)
    * 14:40 Cheltenham - Mikael D'Haguenet (FR)
    * 15:20 Cheltenham - Master Minded (FR)
    * 16:00 Cheltenham - Call The Police (IRE)
    * 17:15 Cheltenham - Tusa Eire (IRE)

Thanks man, will bet a few on those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Will Alfa Beat Be Beat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

WarZoneBrother

"Ballybay for drinking tay, Monaghan for brandy, but Castleblaney beats them all with sugar candy"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

mountai wrote: »
    Will Alfa Beat Beta Beat?

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

The ground will be against him big time tomorrow, So young for me looks classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

My bets so far are,

1.30 Chicago Grey E/W

Some good runs around Cheltenham, looks like he will stay the 4m

2.05 So Young

Looks very good, impressive in first two hurdle races. price a bit short now though.

2.40 Mikael D'Haguenet E/W

Brilliant hurdler, not so good so far over fences, probably a heart over head bet but would Ruby back on I'm hoping tomorrow could be his day.

4.00 Aegean Dawn E/W

Unbeaten so far and has been very impressive over hurdles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Hopefully we've all had a chance to take in the amazing opening day of Cheltenham.

I hear there has been a lot of talk about Alfa Beat in the opening race tomorrow, apparently Charles Byrnes is very keen on him and he's in cracking form. Alfa beat has beaten some decent horses on the way to Cheltenham. The long time off might be a bit of a concern. I'll probably hold fire to watch the markets and see it Byrnes can influence a Cheltenham market!

There's a very strong Irish chance in the second race and all going well we should win it. It's hard to look beyond the Mullins/Walsh combination. Couple this with the fact that Oscars Wells might not handle the ground I'll be siding with So Young.

Hard to believe that the opening to Irish favourites will go in but I live in hope!

Very interesting to see that Ruby has opted to go with Mikal in this one. One would have thought that he'd be on Aiteen Thirty Three seeing as he's been tipping him up at every preview night. Time for Rupert has a favourites chance but I think he's plenty short at 5/2 so I'll be looking elsewhere. Chicago Grey in the first will give an idea of Time for Rupert's form. I'm going to stick with Aiteen Thirty Three as both Ruby and Paul have been keen on him.

Then we're on to the big one. I have my doubts about Big Zeb being able to retain his crown. I think Master Minded has the form in the race and if he's back to the form Nicholls claims then Big Zeb is going to have to be at his absolute best to beat him. The ground might be a bit of a worry for Master Minded. I think his run in the QM last year can be discounted. His runs since last years QM have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Ted Walsh tipped So Young in the Neptune earlier today on Channel 4,

He said that if Mullins' other horses were running good, then he would have to bet on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Alfa Beat ---7/1 2 days ago --- 7/2 now --- the money is down , wish Id taken the 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

surprised ruby is on mikael also
    i think mik would be well worth laying in the place market at around 3.7
    i think he'll do well to get round

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

National Hunt Chase - Chicago Grey e/w
    Neptune Investments- First Lieutenant(antepost think ground against him)
    Oscars Wells e/w
    RSA Chase - Wymott e/w
    Champion Chase - Sizing Europe e/w
    Coral Cup - For Non Stop (nap)
    Fred Winter - Whitby Jack

Dont think will back the a horse in the race but
    Bumper - Divine Rhapsody

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ALBUR182

I'm gonna have an E/W patent on the last 3 races:

4.00 ARCALIS (25/1)
    4.40 KAYEF (25/1)
    5.15 RAISE THE BEAT (9/1)

Added to that, I don't think Masterminded will be beat, he's my banker of the festival.

Oscar horses haven't run that well today, and I think the trend will continue on Wednesday, so for me, that rules out Zeb and Oscars well :P

Oscar Whiskey placed in todays big race is decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What do ye think of Sizing Europe, First Lieutenant, Alfa Beat and Time for Rupert at E/Ws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    What do ye think of Sizing Europe, First Lieutenant, Alfa Beat and Time for Rupert at E/Ws?

Sizing Europe - yes
    Fist Lieutenant - yes a week ago, questionabl with the ground now
    Alfa beat - no
    Time for Rupert - yes

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

All i'm hearing today is Agean Dawn.I've been advised to put my house and everything in it on this horse.
    I've never backed a horse in my life but am considering going for it in a fairly big way.
    Any advice here?Should i go each way or for a win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Straw bear each way at 50/1 in the coral I went for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

All tue 16th>>>1.25e e/w Trixie
    2.40 Aiteen Thirtythree @7s

3.20 Captain Cee Bee @9s

4.00 For Non Stop @6s

stake:10e
    returns:1015.35e
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Mr.Conners

Think I will have a shot at So Young tomorrow. Mullins' horses always seem to be flying at Cheltenham and I would be cautious when going against them.

Only issue I have with So Young is his jumping, seems a bit awkward as if he digs his front legs into the ground. Anyone else notice or worried about this?

I think Ruby feels obliged to ride Mikeal, it wasn't so long ago he suggested that he could be a Gold Cup horse. Pity he can't jump for his life, they obviously saw something special in him for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I'm on So Young also but think 5/2 is pretty skinny now. Wish i took him earlier.

Also on Aiteen Thirtythree and Mikael Dagger(don't know what i'm thinking with that one).

Not decided on the big one. With the ground now going against the master, do you think his price will drift to 4s or higher. Couldn't resist at that price. He's still got the class and can't believe he's been overlooked by most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Oh I forgot I'm on Wayward Prince ante post in the RSA. Stuck a bet on Chamirey each way in the first as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dolphie

Can anyone confirm if Barry Geraghty is riding tomorrow. I heard he was suspended. Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Sizing Europe - yes
    Fist Lieutenant - yes a week ago, questionabl with the ground now
    Alfa beat - no
    Time for Rupert - yes

Have doubts over FL alright, more of a hopefully inclusion really. Go safe with So Young?

Also have a question mark hanging on Sizing Europe.

Who would ye lads fancy in the 2:05 and 1:30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Have only got two bets in mind for tomorrow at the moment...

Time For Rupert to win and I'm also planning to have a little go at Master Minded. I don't fancy him in this one, what do you guys and gals think?

Advertisement