Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is wrong with my flatmate?

Options
  • 06-03-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

So my flatmate is a bit on the strange side. And by this I mean the following:

- He has eggs in the fridge that have been ONE MONTH out of date. They appear to have solidified/rotted because when you pick the tray up it is very noticeably heavy. But that's not the strange part - the eggs are being eaten, because each day a new one is taken from it.

- Today as I left the flat there was a carton of milk on his window sill noticeable as you walk past (he must be drinking that sour too).

Now, does anyone have any clue what the hell is going on here? I consider myself a strange enough person, but this is downright crazy. He's Chinese, so I tried Googling some Chinese delicacies that would involved rotten, month-old eggs and sour milk, but can't seem to find any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

:eek: undead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

If he starts eating cats...your roommate could be Alf!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

He's clearly an alien trying to fit in amoung humans. Aliens don't notice when food goes off. They just eat it and pretend to be human.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

deathrider wrote: »
    He's clearly an alien trying to fit in amoung humans. Aliens don't notice when food goes off. They just eat it and pretend to be human.

You know, I would be inclined to believe this - it's the only scenario that makes sense (and that's saying something!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 iSoap

A hard boiled rotten egg a day keeps the great soul honourable and democracy away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

The fact that he's flat might be causing some problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Maybe he doesn't like you anymore so he is trying to frighten you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

You know, I would be inclined to believe this - it's the only scenario that makes sense (and that's saying something!).

Like in men in black, maybe time to call them, dont have there number here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

deathrider wrote: »

Try to catch him out by pretending to make a presentation on "Designing star ships capable of warp 4 speed." If he helps let him finish, make a copy then kill him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

I think I'd move. I mean; How can ye relax, knowing someone like that's around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Who cares? He is Chinese, as far as i'm concerned, we should be doing all we can to adapt to their way of life, because soon enough we will no longer be slaves to Europe but slaves to them.
    Just start calling him "master" now, it'll make it easier in the long run.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

There is no flatmate... is there?

It's you eating the rancid milk and eating the eggs isn't it...

there, there, rest your weary head on After Hours shoulder...

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

+1 on the alien theory. Because of the sour milk thing........anyone remember Alien Nation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

pics or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'd be happy to have him if he could cook a good trio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Op, sorry just saw your username, perhaps he has some kind of weird attraction to disgusting/repulsive things. It all makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

If he's of Mongolian descent, he may have grown up on horse milk... if so, fresh cow's milk can lack zing.

P.S: is the OP that chick that wrote about being a 'Celtic cub' living in London in the SIndo there a couple of weeks ago? Name & location seem a possible match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

He is stocking up for next Halloween, now that's dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Then again, maybe he's not an alien. Maybe he's just a psycho who's trying to kill off his taste buds so that when he kills you in the middle of the night and eats you, you won't taste so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

So my flatmate is a bit on the strange side. And by this I mean the following:

- He has eggs in the fridge that have been ONE MONTH out of date. They appear to have solidified/rotted because when you pick the tray up it is very noticeably heavy. But that's not the strange part - the eggs are being eaten, because each day a new one is taken from it.

- Today as I left the flat there was a carton of milk on his window sill noticeable as you walk past (he must be drinking that sour too).

Now, does anyone have any clue what the hell is going on here? I consider myself a strange enough person, but this is downright crazy.
    He's Chinese, so I tried Googling some Chinese delicacies that would involved rotten, month-old eggs and sour milk, but can't seem to find any.

/ thread

Thats a joke by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

If he's of Mongolian descent, he may have grown up on horse milk... if so, fresh cow's milk can lack zing.

P.S: is the OP that chick that wrote about being a 'Celtic cub' living in London in the SIndo there a couple of weeks ago? Name & location seem a possible match.

Ashling O'Whatsherface? Yes, yes that is me.

Horse milk? Do you mean horse semen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

He's a fucking freak. The only answer is to kill him

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Profiler wrote: »
    There is no flatmate... is there?

It's you eating the rancid milk and eating the eggs isn't it...

there, there, rest your weary head on After Hours shoulder...

He's going to start a fight club soon.His flatmate that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Now, does anyone have any clue what the hell is going on here? I consider myself a strange enough person, but this is downright crazy. He's Chinese, so I tried Googling some Chinese delicacies that would involved rotten, month-old eggs and sour milk, but can't seem to find any.

The food isn't for him, it's for his pet....and I hope for your sake it doesn't escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

He has eggs in the fridge that have been ONE MONTH out of date. They appear to have solidified/rotted because when you pick the tray up it is very noticeably heavy. But that's not the strange part - the eggs are being eaten, because each day a new one is taken from it.

Balut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Maybe its an experiment? I've done that...just left cartons of milk on the balcony for months...occasionally added stuff to it like brown sauce and stuff.

Me and a friend of mine then opened it after a few months and left it in my flatmates room overnight while he was away. He saw the funny side (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Cant believe nobody said this yet, so I will just jump right in and say it....
    the Chinese, a great bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭amacca

Philistines one and all

only common people eat food that has not been subjected to a bit of decay

casu marzu anyone?

your flatmate OP is clearly a person of breeding.....let him show you the way

silly people cook and preserve their food...us higher ups merely let time and nature take their course and learn to savor the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Blast, piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Cant believe nobody said this yet, so I will just jump right in and say it....
    the Chinese, a great bunch of lads

I already posted that!

Advertisement