Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new ESB Online Store ESBstore.ie

Options
  • 14-09-2010 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

We have just launched a new online store here, where you can save energy while you shop! It offers a range of practical and cool products that will help you to save money and energy at home.

From insulation kits to solar lights, remote control sockets to chimney balloons (yes, there is really such a thing), you can find them all at ESBStore.ie :)

For a limited period we're also offering free delivery on purchases of €30 and more.

And to celebrate our launch, we've got 5 X €100 ESBstore.ie vouchers to give away!

To be in with a chance to win, just post below telling us what product you'd buy if you won a voucher, and why you would buy it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

The first thing I would buy would be the Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light, what a fantastic invention for saving power. In summer at nighttime the kids (and the wife) switch the one I have on and forget about it and you cant tell that its on in daylight and the bills skyrocket. Got so bad that I took the bulb out. This will take all the bill worries away and get them off my back. Cheers. Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I'd buy a Flash Wireless Digital Room Thermostat to make it easier to keep the room at a energy friendly temperature plus it would help me keep costs down by not needing to have the heating on all the time if i could tell it was warm enough and if the temp was dropping or increasing! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I'd buy the PowerTraveller PowerMonkey eXplorer solar charger / power source for iPod, PDA & mobile phones - what a great idea, using the sun on your sun-holiday to charge all the lifestyle accessories needed to stay in touch, record and stay informed and use the same charger on AC power at home. Gone is the need to remember, find and transport multiple chargers to multiple locations.

What a great present.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 geraldino

I'd insulate the ESB way and get warm feedback from all the family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 King Henry

I'd buy a solar light for the shed. I don't use it enough that it's worth getting an electrician in to wire in a light but trying to locate the Christmas decorations sure could be a lot easier...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Would have to be the philips living light, just because it looks pretty cool!

LivingColour%20lead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

As above, I'd buy the Philips Living Colours LED Light. I looked at them a while back and thought they're pretty cool, but couldn't justify buying one, so I'd love to win one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Solar Centre Solar Fairy Lights (100 Set)

because I want fairy lights!
    XmasLightsHouseSWNS_450x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Would without a doubt have to be the LED LENSER Jogger Light. That would be totally awesome to have. (Didn't even know they existed!)

The fact that there's an 'alternative and cool products' page is totally amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I'd buy my mum a digital radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

A few sets of the candle lights, herself would love them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

I'd buy this chimney balloon. Not only would it help me find my house when i come home a bit worse for wear, help giving people directions to the house and be a constant source of confusion for my neighbours to what it actually is after i paint a smiley face onto it but it will also save me on my heating bill. The perfect product!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Defo would have to be the Philips Living Colours LED Light as I could change it's colours to suit my mood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,977 ✭✭✭✭event

I would purchase the Chimney balloon

cb7-9cwt%20ChimneyBalloon.jpg

Old Mill Small Cold Water Tank Insulation Kit

kiawtk1%20ESBEnergyDay2-058701.jpg

and the Old Mill Lagging jacket

kilj30%20LaggingJacket1.jpg

Using these great products, it would mean that my house would be kept warm throughout the winter. The harsh winter last year meant many people werent protected enough. With these energy efficient products available from ESB, it should mean the cold shouldnt affect us as much this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

LED LENSER jogger light for me...

LedLenserJoggin%20H5.jpg

The dark evenings are approaching and I'd like to let the deer in the Phoenix Park know I'm coming before the scare the living daylights out of me by suddenly appearing two feet away!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

I'd install the energy efficient light bulbs! I've wanted to do it for a while but this would give me the push I need as price wouldn't be an issue...

35273-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Knowledgeable-Brown-Dog-Holding-His-Finger-Up-With-A-Bright-Idea-A-Light-Bulb-Over-His-Head.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

I would buy the airless automatic de-aerator for radiators to save me having to do it and also and the flash wireless digital room thermostat to save on overheating in the house or then being too cold. Ive seen these in hotels they are great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd buy the Philips Living Light as a colourful light and a warm-fire would certainly help me get through these gloomy winter / autumn evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I think I'd buy the wind up and solar powered radio, €20 (because I love listening to the radio but sometimes I forget to switch it off at the plug, and therefore leave it on standby all the time - oops); the 3 pack of remote control sockets, €20 (I've wanted these for absolutely ages, but never saw them for such a reasonable price before - I'm a devil for leaving stuff on standby) ; a 2 pack of the automatic radiator de-aerators, €10 (I have two radiators that I have to bleed constantly and it wrecks my head); the solar centre solar garden spotlight €48 (Really would like to get this - every single night without fail, I go down our short lane to close the gates - and trip over a rock, a cat, the kerb, etc. I need this for my own safety :D)

If there was anything left after that, I'd buy a bulb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/LED%20LENSER%20Rechargeable%20Head%20Torch/1245/600

I'd definitely get the LED LENSER jogger light.
    You know that scene at the end of Silence of the lambs, where Buffalo Bill is creeping about in the dark and Jodie foster blinds him by shooting out a window so the sunlight can come in and flooding his nightvision goggles?

Well, kind of for the same thing, but with an LED rechargable head torch and I'm not Jodie Foster.

And instead of Buffalo Bill, I have a cat who likes to jump out at my bare feet when I come down to get a drink during the night.

And the neighbours might not agree with discharging firearms in the house.

with the change, I'd buy
    http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/SMJ%20Remote%20Control%20Sockets%203%20Packet/1235/200
    because I've always wanted to turn off my TV, digibox and the hoover all at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I would love a Gelert Wind Up and Solar Power Radio and a
    Powertraveller Powermonkey – eXplorer Solar Charger for Mobile Phones, iPods, PD. Now all I need is the sun !

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

I would buy the SMJ Remote Control Sockets and fit energy efficient light bulbs.
    The sockets would be perfect for power savings on the xbox and wireless router that are always left plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

The Chimney Balloon is very tempting to deal with our draughty chimney, but I think I'd go for the Solar Centre Solar PIR Utility Light, as its practical, easy to install(no electrician required), perfect as a shed light and most importantly, it has no running costs. 100/100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭boffin54321

Definitely the chimney baloon!! Saves energy & gives Santa an obstacle to navigate around at Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

one these bad boys Airless Automatic De-Aerator for Radiators air is always building up in my radiators

these look pretty cool too Philips Imageo Rechargeable Tea Lights (6 Pack)
    saving on buying and mess of candles

also this Gelert Wind Up and Solar Power Radio
    no more batteries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I would buy two Philips Ambilights
    LivingColour%20lead.jpg
    so I could get to work hacking them to work as one big huge Ambilight for the telly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

If I had the money, I would do so many things. We live in a three-storey house that is over 100 years old, and is a nightmare to run in terms of utilities. We have done what we can in terms of replacing inefficient light bulbs with the more efficient types, simple steps like turning the thermostat down and lagging the tank, and even purchasing solar lamps for the garden rather than using the two standard lights we have outside.

My next step would be to purchase the chimney balloon, which is another relatively inexpensive measure to prevent heat escaping and draughts invading.

Once I win the lotto, I would then replace our ancient windows and install timers on all radiators in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Solar Centre Solar Fairy Lights (100 Set)

Aw well Christmas is coming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

The Imageo rechargable tealights.

ptl6%206Tealights5.jpg

At least my futile efforts to get laid will be slightly more energy efficient...

Hey, that chimney balloon could come in handy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

if i was so lucky to win the prize think it would have to be the Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light
    what a fantastic replacement for those sooo inefficient haligon security lights, my one is broken and i just can't bring myself to replace the bulb knowing it is so power hungry but i do need a security light!
    the other thing i'd love to get is the Patura Solar Powered Electric Fence Energiser what a great piece of kit it'd be ideal for keeping our two pigs in!

The online shop is fab

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement