Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Vegan and Vegetarian Forum Picnic, Saturday 25th of July*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

here loomk lads 2pm + would be good for me later the better, i will ahve to get the8am buss from sligo so later the better, i dont like the stand as much as i like govinsa restaurant foood so you think they do take away ? hope they do? dunno if ill like cornucopia main meals aart from soup. we need to man up man, whiskey and crap, we should bring cake too anf go dor a pint afterwards, i just need to find a place to stay or pay for oen and ill go. god i love some food and cake and potaoe and whiskey, ahajh friends are graeat, have a good few veeggie friends off boards will se possibly they come, dunno, busy guys and girls! but maybe theya drink with us after, ill need a drink i love paneer but resataurant greater than stand, too many tomatoes at stand and smoothies there suck but its a good guess wonder how tou know ;) THEN we head to green grass place if not hot sunny we can go to pub or eat at same place you kow ah! gootaa peeee byee

vrbrothers asaid they get a taxi home wiht me but htey stay with their 'girlfriends' , fecking girls eh?!!, so it cost sooo much,xxzzzz

feck picnics, i wana go to the pub with you if this is the result!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hmmm, perhaps very drunken posting is best for the Grapevine :P
    The 8am bus is insanity; you'd be in Dublin by 12. Just get the 11am bus and arrive at 2.35pm. Or get the train. 9am arrives at 12 and 11am train arrives at 2pm.
    I would imagine that the Govinda's restaurant do take-away. But I'm not a regular so hopefully someone can set you straight there.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

here loomk lads 2pm + would be good for me later the better, i will ahve to get the8am buss from sligo so later the better, i dont like the stand as much as i like govinsa restaurant foood so you think they do take away ? hope they do? dunno if ill like cornucopia main meals aart from soup. we need to man up man, whiskey and crap, we should bring cake too anf go dor a pint afterwards, i just need to find a place to stay or pay for oen and ill go. god i love some food and cake and potaoe and whiskey, ahajh friends are graeat, have a good few veeggie friends off boards will se possibly they come, dunno, busy guys and girls! but maybe theya drink with us after, ill need a drink i love paneer but resataurant greater than stand, too many tomatoes at stand and smoothies there suck but its a good guess wonder how tou know ;) THEN we head to green grass place if not hot sunny we can go to pub or eat at same place you kow ah! gootaa peeee byee

vrbrothers asaid they get a taxi home wiht me but htey stay with their 'girlfriends' , fecking girls eh?!!, so it cost sooo much,xxzzzz

LOL!
    (drunk posts ftw! If the rambling didn't give it away the amount of typos would!)

Govindas do do takeaways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Nice! That's all I can say...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um nothing to see here! Good to hear they do takeaway! Yum yum, who wants to get some?

So it's the 25th then, should we make a new thread with the date and details to make it clear? Can gauge who is going then. Have just been invited to Biarritz for a week and I would miss this, but I think I'll tell her it's too expensive and go to this instead, will see soon. Maybe a simple yes/no public poll in a new thread? Have to organise who will meet where etc and what to do if it's raining etc.

• Advertisement

Right, you seemed to have volunteered yourself for the new thread :) Or just edit the title of this one and close the poll. People can shout out if they'll be there.

If it's raining... well, we'll have mobile numbers pm'ed so if there is any change of plan or late arrivals you can find us cause you bet we won't be able to choose a pub til the day ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'll make one in a little while, sigh, I'm having a lazy day. :P

I,m coming home early.......so I can make this.
    Woohoo!!!!

:)

I'll make one in a little while, sigh, I'm having a lazy day. :P
    All sorted now.

I'm bringing a cake to the picnic :) You can't stop me!!!

• Advertisement

Edit: The date has been chosen! Let us know if you can make it.
    We have yet to decide who's meeting who where. But I'm guessing anyone for Govinda's takeaway could meet Tar at Abbey Street and anyone to get Cornucopia food (or Blazing Salads or Cafe Fresh, all of which do take-away) could meet me at Cornucopia. PM us and we'll exchange mobile numbers to figure out any last minute changes/for late arrivals to find us. Depending on train/bus times for those travelling I guess just after 2pm suits best, but we'll decide nearer the time.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
    Ok, I suppose we could do that, um, I'll get lost though, I don't know where to find govindas if I tried. So good luck to my group! Having two little groups is tricky :)
    So who is going, we can give you our numbers and things.

Chocolate and beetroot cake please, I like those ones!

Ok, I suppose we could do that, um, I'll get lost though, I don't know where to find govindas if I tried.
    Don't worry. I'll set you in the right direction.

'There it is' with pointing would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

SO it looks like the 25th is decided on then, right in the middle of the one week I can't go. :(

Could we have another little one on the 2nd August. It got just as many votes any anyone that can't go to the first one can come to this one,

what say you mighty people of boards?

Also Tar. Alderion wants to kick my ass so I'm trying to be evasive

smegmar wrote: »
    SO it looks like the 25th is decided on then, right in the middle of the one week I can't go. :(

Could we have another little one on the 2nd August. It got just as many votes any anyone that can't go to the first one can come to this one,

what say you mighty people of boards?

Also Tar. Alderion wants to kick my ass so I'm trying to be evasive

Have no problem with it, the more meetings the better. You just have to make a suggestion of a place and make a thread to see interest.

And yes, I want to kick your ass, possibly beat you like a redheaded stepchild(sorry red heads <3 :pac:). Nah man, I can forgive your cheeky post in afterhours, one of the other mods deleted it whilst I was drinking. :)

I would'nt have seen your bit about me but I quoted you haha. Damn you Lemon Chiffon!

smegmar wrote: »
    Could we have another little one on the 2nd August. It got just as many votes any anyone that can't go to the first one can come to this one
    Well, I won't be able to come so someone else has to be up for organising it. There will never be a day that suits everybody...

All sorted now.

I'm bringing a cake to the picnic :) You can't stop me!!!

Did you save me a cola bottle? + Puppy dog eyes

I do have another packet :) You get the sun to shine and there will be cola bottles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

is it happening on 25th so? is that this sat? iv lost track of days since holiday! lol

maameeo wrote: »
    is it happening on 25th so? is that this sat? iv lost track of days since holiday! lol

Oh god I thought it was next month! Whoops, stupid me! Seriously thought it was ages away all this time!

• Advertisement

Oh god I thought it was next month! Whoops, stupid me! Seriously thought it was ages away all this time!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

There's going to be a picnic? Like outdoors?

*looks outside at rainy windy day*

You sure?

I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

sun is out now...there is still hope!!!

There's going to be a picnic? Like outdoors?

*looks outside at rainy windy day*

You sure?

If there is no sun we can eat indoors and go pub pub wooooo.

an irish-picnic :)

So, sign up here people!!! Presuming it may rain or shine you'll want to pm me with your mobile no and i'll get you mine and Tar's. That we it'll all work out :D

Gonna PM everybody my number, that would be interested, dunno if you want yours included. Some poeple don't know about it even with this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Have fun :) I will be spending my weekend wet, muddy, cold & drunk so cannot make it.

Have fun :) I will be spending my weekend wet, muddy, cold & drunk so cannot make it.

Oh well have fun, gonna send a PM to everybody that has shown interest in this one or any in the future after I fill out these pesky trinity forms..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I don't think I can make 2pm but if yas are doin anythin afterwards like drinks/etc then gimme a shout, Tar.Aldarion can you PM me your number too thanks

Advertisement