Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Vegan and Vegetarian Forum Picnic, Saturday 25th of July*

Options
  • 06-07-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Edit: The date has been chosen! Let us know if you can make it.
    We have yet to decide who's meeting who where. But I'm guessing anyone for Govinda's takeaway could meet Tar at Abbey Street and anyone to get Cornucopia food (or Blazing Salads or Cafe Fresh, all of which do take-away) could meet me at Cornucopia. PM us and we'll exchange mobile numbers to figure out any last minute changes/for late arrivals to find us. Depending on train/bus times for those travelling I guess just after 2pm suits best, but we'll decide nearer the time.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Old post >> NEW PLAN! TICK ALL DAYS THAT SUIT YOU! Most suiting day wins!

I realise if you've already voted, you can't vote again, so pm me and i'll just edit the poll with your input

So, how about we meet around 1 pm at Cornucopia or Govindas (Middle Abbey Street branch is the only one open Sundays), both open 12-7pm, or Juice (open 11am - 11pm) wherever else to get take-away and bring it back to have in college green? i.e. some of us meet at Govindas, others at Cornucopia or whichever. The weather better be on our side! Sunday is awkward because it means that Café Fresh won’t be open, or Blazing Salads, I don’t think, but it does mean that la-la can come! And possibly others that would have to work on a Saturday. Of course, we don’t have to buy food; we could equally bring something to share. I will volunteer a (soya-free) vegan chocolate cake. Anyone else like to contribute?

Alternatively we wait til the start of August, perhaps Saturday 1st?

**Multiple choices can be selected on the poll**

When? 37 votes

Saturday 11th July
    0% 0 votes
    Sunday 12th of July
    10% 4 votes
    Saturday 18th July
    21% 8 votes
    Sunday 19th of July
    10% 4 votes
    Saturday 25th July
    8% 3 votes
    Sunday 26th of July
    16% 6 votes
    Saturday 1st of August
    13% 5 votes
    Sunday 2nd of August
    18% 7 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't know if I can go yet, will try to organise possible accomodation or see if I'm up to travelling home again this sunday. 1pm or 2pm should be fine, I'd have to get the 8am bus again for that eek, you lucky dublin veggies. Don't know about everybody going to different food places and heading back, some people might not have met each other if there are new people and what if it starts to rain etc Maybe it will be fine!

Since there might be one or too new poeple I might start a picture thread today/tomorrow to make it handier for everybody? If anybody wants to post in it that is. :P

So where do people want to eat most? We could make groups etc, and if it starts raining do you just want to wat inside in one place together? Or go to the pub or both hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Oh no! I won't be here for either day...damn!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nooo!

I'm on holliers for at least the next two weeks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

If the date doesn't suit enough people, then we'll just try another. It being summer, it's gonna be difficult to work around holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Yeah it'll be hard alright, i sapose just try and pick a date and hope that people can make it, they'll be other meet ups for the people who can't make it to go to

If you can't make this date, please put up dates that would be amenable to you*
    Hoepfully one date will suit most poeple and lala, who is off to study in london I recall.

*does not apply to moonbaby, she will get food poisoning the day before. "it's just, the food was only sitting out a few days"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

For the love of God, don't let it be on July 12th!!! The one freakin' day I leave the country.... The only day this summer... I can't miss this meet!!

And I vote not Juice. I'm not mad on their food. :(

ok, im gonna axe this poll and try a different one. tick all dates that suit...

we will have to decide something at some point! I hope you've all voted :)

• Advertisement

Ooh! New poll. Can I be edited in for any day but the 12th?

ok

am just gonna wait and check that Tar didn't edit it for you first! it'll be sorted tomorrow.

And sorry, only saw the second line now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'm not entirely sure if i could make it until much closer to a finalised date, but willing to come along again for sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

lol, i didnt notice it was multiple choice *duh*

im off to Latvia this sunday so doubt ill be around till the last date anyways :(
    damn im gona have so much to catch up on when i get back!

Unless anyone has a better plan... let's rule out this weekend? Maybe 25/26th? I hate choosing things :rolleyes:

ohhhh, on saturdays we would have that market in temple bar :) mmmmm
    if only the sunshine would return.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Just a thought..

but the 1st/2nd Aug is a Bank Holiday weekend, so some peeps might be away/festivals on/events organized/massiv hangover time :-)

yeah, and with all the drinks that went on last night (Grapevine) I see they have quite an event planned!

Sounds about right there ladies, i'll be in Marlay Park all day Aug 1st for the Metallica gig;)

Aw no! I was just thinking how August the 1st looked like a great day! Either way it's gonna be 25/26 or 1/2. I'm not a fan of choosing days... Throw in your input!!!

• Advertisement

Sounds about right there ladies, i'll be in Marlay Park all day Aug 1st for the Metallica gig;)

But I need another man for supposrt, although moonbaby may man up and we can be man buddies.

Well, I'm leaving the country for a spell on the 2nd, so I'm gonna steer towards weekend of 25/26. Any preferences, Sat or Sun? I know one vegan who'd join us on a Sunday, but she isn't on this forum. And on which day shall the sun shine?! That is the question.

But I need another man for supposrt, although moonbaby may man up and we can be man buddies.

Im as good as it is going to get!

Ill be back by august. Hopefully. It is 45 degrees in Bosnia today, I was not engineered for this. :o

Dunno if I'll be able for august, will see closer to the date if I'm, eh, up for it..

You're gone quite a while moonbaby, I expect tan. Or if you are like me lots of freckles and red skin.

Dunno if I'll be able for august, will see closer to the date if I'm, eh, up for it..

You're gone quite a while moonbaby, I expect tan. Or if you are like me lots of freckles and red skin.

Do faded mosh pit bruises count as "tan"_ Cos thats the best I can do. :D

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Do faded mosh pit bruises count as "tan"_ Cos thats the best I can do. :D

Oh who did you go and see manfriend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

~I voted saturday 1st august but usually sundays are sunnier, but sure like if it rains we could just eat the food inside govindas/etc yea ? Can we have it about 4pm, I'm usually not out of bed til about 2pm on saturdays lol

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Im as good as it is going to get!
    I was not engineered for this. :o
    Put my own spin on that post to make sure it looked right:P I voted 25th or 26th since the next weekend of 1/2 is sooooo not gonna happen for me;)

I'll be able to "man up" in time i think Tar, even if just for a day ha! And if this is a picnic thing then we are all gonna be taking something to add to the pile? Oh jape Sundays are generally wetter, i've played enough hurling matches to realise that hehe.

Is Saturday the 25th looking promising then?! woohooo! Yeah, picnic is the idea, but this is Ireland. Either way, we are eating :D Unless nodoby wants to eat... Heck, I like an excuse to buy vegan food!! Jape, I can counter your argument with one person who'll join us, but has to be in work in Blackrock at 5pm... Plus, hunger being the leader here means it's lunch time or dinner... and there is a greater selection of veggie lunches. Sure, I guess if people are interested in going for a drink after then we can accommodate any late arrivals :)

And if anyone has any veggie friends not on boards, bring 'em along if you think they'd enjoy the company!

So... Saturday the 25th at 2pm, meet at....?!?! I'll prob head to cornucopia first and pick up a hot soup to take away. Some of you might be partial to the paneer at the govindas stand at the meeting house square in temple bar? I'm guessing that would be Tar's fav if he can make it. And perhaps then we should head into College Green? It'll be a blissfully sunny day, of course.

And for those that this date doesn't suit - there's always next time!

• Advertisement

here loomk lads 2pm + would be good for me later the better, i will ahve to get the8am buss from sligo so later the better, i dont like the stand as much as i like govinsa restaurant foood so you think they do take away ? hope they do? dunno if ill like cornucopia main meals aart from soup. we need to man up man, whiskey and crap, we should bring cake too anf go dor a pint afterwards, i just need to find a place to stay or pay for oen and ill go. god i love some food and cake and potaoe and whiskey, ahajh friends are graeat, have a good few veeggie friends off boards will se possibly they come, dunno, busy guys and girls! but maybe theya drink with us after, ill need a drink i love paneer but resataurant greater than stand, too many tomatoes at stand and smoothies there suck but its a good guess wonder how tou know ;) THEN we head to green grass place if not hot sunny we can go to pub or eat at same place you kow ah! gootaa peeee byee

vrbrothers asaid they get a taxi home wiht me but htey stay with their 'girlfriends' , fecking girls eh?!!, so it cost sooo much,xxzzzz

Advertisement