Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options
  • 01-07-2009 4:20pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A little play on words there but hey, it works!:P

This thread will be the place (sanctioned by our overlords) for all off-topic banter and witty remarks:) I'll leave it up to the mods what should/should not be discussed in here, but i would imagine reference to the charter would help if unsure.

And most of all...have fun.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Can I come play? I don't frequent these parts much but I'd like to join in!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can of course, welcome aboard. You can talk about anything not against the rules of the normal forums here.

I hear this will be stickied. Well I heard it through the Grapevine. ;)

One of my favourite songs, albeit a sad song.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just going to edit your title to have some caps, because that is just manly.

You can of course, welcome aboard. You can talk about anything not against the rules of the normal forums here.

I hear this will be stickied. Well I heard it through the Grapevine. ;)

One of my favourite songs, albeit a sad song.

It took me SurPRIISSSEEeeE......*notes evil looks from those within earshot*

Yeah that is one of my fav's too. :o

Hey Michelleman...I've noticed you around other parts...Nice to see you here :)

"I've noticed you around..."

Sexy!

"posting..."

nerd!

• Advertisement

Seeing as she is a girl, and I'm not curious like some other people around these parts. Nerd will do. :pac:

damn the Man part of her name threw me off, I thought she was a girl like us, oh well, I'm a

girlie4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

lest there ever be any confusion I'm not a girl. Apart from the moobs and a shockin' cute arse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Just finished watching Van Wilder: Party Liason there, classic film:D Ryan Reynolds...such a hottie!! Wait! Wait! NO!!:eek: all this girly talk has me thinking like them, its like What Women Want all over again:pac:

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    lest there ever be any confusion I'm not a girl.

Me either and these pair are doing nothing to lessen my sense of machismo. :(

This calls for drastic action..

*I must...I must.....I must increase my bust*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Can I come play? I don't frequent these parts much but I'd like to join in!

Are you a vegetarian?

jape wrote: »
    Are you a vegetarian?

What about yourself?

Are you veggie or vegan?

Male, female, inbetween? ;)

Anyone else roastin.. the heat at night here is horrible.. I'm sweatin like a christian brother after the ryan report

Moonbaby wrote: »
    What about yourself?

Are you veggie or vegan?

Male, female, inbetween? ;)

Hi

I'm male, vegetarian, you?

Anyone else roastin.. the heat at night here is horrible.. I'm sweatin like a christian brother after the ryan report

haha

My Mr. Frezze's melted in seconds before I left the shop today. I was gutted. :(

I'm a veggie lady. *cough*
    I have been forever, I couldn't deal with the idea of eating animals as a kid.

It is quite unusual for a guy to be a veggie....How did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

ahhh! i just noticed this thread!!! its on 2pages already, damn u peoples! :P

hehe!

why am i awake smoking and trolling!!!!! :(

oh and im a girl...i think!

Ah there's loads of reasons actually!

-Never enjoyed eating meat, always knew there was somethin dodgy about it
    -Finding out about factory farming/animal cruelty and the slaughter industry
    -Big fan of The Beatles

They would be the main ones, but since becoming vegetarian (about a year ago), my health has improved hugely probably because I eat mountains of different kinds of vegetables and fruits (a LOT more than when I ate meat) and get lots of nutrition from them.

Also I have noticed you save a small fortune when you stop buying meat. Even the linda mccartney and quorn ranges are far cheaper than real meat.

So that's pretty much it! What were your reasons?

Are you a vegetarian?

Don't think it matters too much but nice to know what people are I suppose. And where was mr jape? Hell ring any bells? :p

Just back from Transformers, it was good to get out of the house and laugh at the nonsensical plot and eat green & blacks ice cream after. yum

They would be the main ones, but since becoming vegetarian (about a year ago), my health has improved hugely probably because I eat mountains of different kinds of vegetables and fruits (a LOT more than when I ate meat) and get lots of nutrition from them.

I was reading a thread recently where the difficulty of getting your 5 a day was mentioned.
    My mind just boggled at the idea.

maameeo wrote: »
    ahhh! i just noticed this thread!!! its on 2pages already, damn u peoples! :P

hehe!

why am i awake smoking and trolling!!!!! :(

oh and im a girl...i think!

Gotta change your posts per page to 40 to be a pro!

• Advertisement

eat green & blacks ice cream after. yum

You can't just say Green and Blacks icecream like that.
    You always have to give as much detail as possible, when trying to make others jealous.

Don't think it matters too much but nice to know what people are I suppose. And where was mr jape? Hell ring any bells

I actually honestly thought it was on Sunday, then was too embarassed to post anythin when I realised lol.. Wouldn't even mind only I wasn't doin anythin on Saturday , spent most of it in bed ha.. Is there another 1 planned any time soon ?

You can't just say Green and Blacks icecream like that.
    You always have to give as much detail as possible, when trying to make others jealous.

First you gotta tempt them in, what does he mean? what is the flavour? How much did it cost? How delicious is it? Then you hit them with more jealousy, but you musn't give too much away.

The container(500 ml) looks the same as the bars, my brother estimated that the cost was about 20 euro for something as delicious as green and blacks icecream.
    He's wrong....

...priceless :pac:

I actually honestly thought it was on Sunday, then was too embarassed to post anythin when I realised lol.. Wouldn't even mind only I wasn't doin anythin on Saturday , spent most of it in bed ha.. Is there another 1 planned any time soon ?

Um, I think people might want to cornucopia so that would have to be organised in a thread, I'd say eat dinner there and go drinking after. :)

Definitely should go to govindas too some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Anybody try Juice on Georges street? mmmmmmmmm

And HI - delighted this thread is here.

Hi Helena :)

Do you like Juice? I tried it years ago.
    It was expensive, and not as good as my home cooking.
    I was massively unimpressed.

Maybe it has improved since?

TBH it was the first veggie place i had been in so the novelty of just being able to pick ANYTHING from the menu without asking about the cheese used, if the eggs are free range etc was great.

It was pretty expensive. But I enjoyed it. Their bruchetta was very garlicy. mmmm

TBH it was the first veggie place i had been in so the novelty of just being able to pick ANYTHING from the menu without asking about the cheese used, if the eggs are free range etc was great.

It was pretty expensive. But I enjoyed it. Their bruchetta was very garlicy. mmmm

I know choice feels great :)

You are a cat expert aren't you?

My mama cat Suki, had a litter of 5. The runt of the litter is sooo small and fragile compared to some of the others.
    I don't think there is anything actually wrong it him. But I feel so sorry for the little fella.
    Is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I like the idea of this thread, but don't know how to effortlessly involve myself in the conversation that's happening now, so I'm just posting this :D:p

• Advertisement

I don't think there is anything actually wrong it him. But I feel so sorry for the little fella.
    Is this normal?
    Certainly not an expert but yes there is usually a runt in every litter (cats and dogs). Worst thing you can do is baby him, just make sure he's getting enough food and mammy time and just let his siblings get on with trying to toughen him up.

When my pup got parvo, his siblings bullied him something terrible. Obviously as he was so sick we had to seperate them as he just wouldn't cope with it, but the vet said that he would usually recommend to supervise, but to understand that the siblings are simply trying to teach him to be "stronger". I'd imagine that translates to cats.

I'm a sucker for the runts too. :D

Hi Tom, very effortlessly done - smooth. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement