Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do - Page 65 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

15-07-2009, 19:47   #961
Mayoegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJO THE MISER View Post
Will somebody please give this guy a gold medal.

I ain't paying for it..
Advertisement
15-07-2009, 19:51   #962
CallMeMiss
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA361 View Post
Ever hear of a flask?
Yes smartarse I have. But its much more convenient to throw a couple of tea bags into my bag than carry a flask around with me all day!
15-07-2009, 20:29   #963
GA361

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMiss View Post
Yes smartarse I have. But its much more convenient to throw a couple of tea bags into my bag than carry a flask around with me all day!
Ha ha,I joke . . .
15-07-2009, 20:32   #964
Smushbush

Send a message via MSN to Smushbush
one of my mates is pretty bad...we were waiting for a bus one day and the standard child fair is 80cent i think..my mate is 18, and he specifically took a shave to get a child fair down to dun laoghaire..i'll never forget that hahaha
Thanks from:
15-07-2009, 20:41   #965
GA361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushbush View Post
one of my mates is pretty bad...we were waiting for a bus one day and the standard child fair is 80cent i think..my mate is 18, and he specifically took a shave to get a child fair down to dun laoghaire..i'll never forget that hahaha
If ya can pull it off sure why not?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-07-2009, 22:24   #966
Grand_Rajnah
Mod

this is defo one of the best threads ive read in a long time. should be stickied.

i had a part-time job a while back, and when you do a 5 hour shift you were entitled to a paid 15 minutes break and you have to record in a book what time you took your break at. One day i was when on my break with X. as i was coming back in to work i got a phone call. Thinking nothing of it i answered and was talking for about 3 or 4 mins on the phone. Went back into work, the boss said how come X was back 5 mins ago and you werent? I said oh sorry i got a phone call. Then he says put down that you took a 20 minute break instead of a 15 so i said ye grand and did. Got my wage pack at the end of the week. I worked 21 hours...i got paid for 20.88 hrs or 20hrs and 55 mins. Stingy fcuk!

Last edited by Grand_Rajnah; 15-07-2009 at 22:25. Reason: typo
16-07-2009, 02:08   #967
TomCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMiss View Post
I was in college during the year. At least 5 days a week I would be in the library from 10am - 8/9pm.

I love my tea and coffee and would have at least 5 cups a day. Now the canteen in college was charging about 2.30 per cup. So one day I said feck this and started bringing on my own tea bags and coffee.
Saved a bomb untill the ba£*%ds started charging for the hot water!!!

Anyway I dont think its stingy I think its smart....
Hmmm, I think I spent 4 years in this college.
16-07-2009, 02:46   #968
pebbles21

My ex boss and i were heading back to his car in a city centre street,he was just about to start the car when he takes the keys back from the ignition and says" what time is on that parking meter ticket?"

I said 2:15 ,he looks at his watch and says "its only five past sure we might as well wait for the extra ten minutes!"

I thought he was messing but no the stingy fecker sat there for another ten minutes!(this guy retired a multi-millionaire btw)
16-07-2009, 03:02   #969
maninasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice1franko View Post
That's all well and good but this isn't England.

The bloke is French and in France a pint is about 8 euro (possibly just in the rip off tourist places I've been to).

In Ireland, 2.20 doesn't get you a pint. End of. Slamming yer pittance down and demanding it because it can be had for that in other places in the world is no justification. When in Rome....

For example, a tube of Colgate toothpaste costs about 25 cent in Thailand. March up to the checkout here (or England for that matter) slam down your toothpaste and 25cent and see what you get...

hint- nothin if you're lucky, squirt of toothpaste in the eye if you're not. and rightfully so.
No, but the pub should be able to provide some alcohol for 2.20, which is what he asked for. If I was the owner I wouldn't be happy that the barman is turning away customers.
Advertisement
16-07-2009, 03:05   #970
useful_contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles21 View Post
My ex boss and i were heading back to his car in a city centre street,he was just about to start the car when he takes the keys back from the ignition and says" what time is on that parking meter ticket?"

I said 2:15 ,he looks at his watch and says "its only five past sure we might as well wait for the extra ten minutes!"

I thought he was messing but no the stingy fecker sat there for another ten minutes!(this guy retired a multi-millionaire btw)
what a tit
(2) thanks from:
16-07-2009, 03:11   #971
maninasia

Here's my less than 2 cents.

I have a friend who likes to call and hang up directly upon hearing me answer the phone, first time I thought that was strange , happened lots of times after that and I copped on. This was the same guy who would call and 'miss call' me also so I would call him back. He stopped doing that when I refused to call him back at all...got the message I guess. Now he just texts me to call him back cos his credit is running out...

There's a good one in Seinfeld where Kramer is left alone in Jerry's room momentarily. Nothing's happening until you see Kramer rooting around in the back of Jerry's sofa for the next 20 seconds for loose change and finds a few choice coins. He hears Jerry coming back in and acts all innocent. Good one...

There are some great posts here, but it's good to know the difference between stinginess and economy...economy is not wasting stuff needlessly. There is also a rip-off culture in Ireland that is apparent more to outsiders than locals..for example the mention above of pre-paid hourly meters for city corporations in Ireland, in other countries they are often counted by actual time or up to the last ten minutes of use!

Last edited by maninasia; 16-07-2009 at 03:14.
16-07-2009, 04:00   #972
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninasia View Post
for example the mention above of pre-paid hourly meters for city corporations in Ireland, in other countries they are often counted by actual time or up to the last ten minutes of use!
??? Many of them are to the nearest 10c.
16-07-2009, 04:03   #973
maninasia

Not in Dublin when I used them, they were pre-paid in 30 minute intervals.
16-07-2009, 08:56   #974
nitrogen
Awaiting Email Confirmation

An ex-colleague secretly boasted to me to never buying a round. His main secret was never entering the pub first, but holding the door for his mates, thus never getting to the counter first.
Thanks from:
16-07-2009, 09:01   #975
jayteecork
Banned

Really fecking annoys me seeing people open their palm and meticolously count the change they're given in shops.

Not only is it tight as fúck it holds up the queue.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed