Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Noises...

Options
  • 17-06-2008 1:55am

Apart from the sound of the fans and the car alarm that never seems to STFU, it's fairly quiet here, or so I thought!!

I started to hear this strance rumbling sound, so went to investigate.

I found the security guard, snoring his head off...
    LOUDLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Apart from the sound of the fans and the car alarm that never seems to STFU, it's fairly quiet here, or so I thought!!

I started to hear this strance rumbling sound, so went to investigate.

I found the security guard, snoring his head off...
    LOUDLY

Draw on his face with marker! That oughta learn him!

*notices dolanbakers sig* :eek:

Woohoo, I'm famous! \o/ :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I used to hear an air raid siren occasionally in the middle of the night.. that was spooky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Loudest thing I ever heard were foxes yelping. Man, they get irritating really quickly. Thankfully it's only happened 2 or 3 times.
    We also have, of course, birds singing at 6a.m. While not as loud, that is a much more regular occurence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Loudest thing I ever heard were foxes yelping. Man, they get irritating really quickly. Thankfully it's only happened 2 or 3 times.
    We also have, of course, birds singing at 6a.m. While not as loud, that is a much more regular occurence.

Yeah the birds are always a pain in the ass

They always show up at the same time as the fiery cancer death ball in the sky, they're in cahoots I tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

my birds start at 3.40, not long now... so each night it would be good to have a strange noise report from around the country/world. Please include the story of the investigation and losing a limb or too in the process would make it more juicy:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cats getting a bit rough in the lane at the back of my gaffer.

Heard a pussyfight outside the window last night, very fierce sounding! more than two cats I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heard a pussyfight outside the window last night, very fierce sounding! more than two cats I think.

They're annoying little baskets aren't they.

Could have done with one of these :D
    supersoaker.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

We have crickets, fine as long as they stay outside.

• Advertisement

Didn't know you played!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Rain. And my dad singing his head off as usual in the kitchen... and, no, he can't sing, but he tries anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Out here Fox yelping is often followed up by a single rifle report.

The birds here start up at 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i get the occasional ridiculously noisy boy racer car driving ridiculously loudly down the ridiculously long straight road that i live on. the noise doesn't disappear til they turn the corner at the end... f*ckers ruining my silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

fonpokno wrote: »
    i get the occasional ridiculously noisy boy racer car driving ridiculously loudly down the ridiculously long straight road that i live on. the noise doesn't disappear til they turn the corner at the end... f*ckers ruining my silence.

caltrops.jpg

ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's one sound I've been hearing for years that I've never been able to figure out.

Sounds like someone kicking a ball against the wall of my house... but it isn't...

Oh... and then there was the time I thought someone was leaving the engine of their car idling out on the street every night.... but it just turned out I'd got horrible tinnitus...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive got birds in the eves(sp) of my house and they sound like there sitting at the end of my bed in the morning.gah!!

ambulances,boy racers and fire brigade trucks are arouond a fair bit.the joys of living at a park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I can hear the sea at night.
    Sometimes I hear trains going by, the track would be maybe 2 miles from the house.

There are pheasants in the fields beside the house, so you can hear them when it gets bright, they are loud!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I have heard the air raid siren a few times, was up at about 4:45am one morning and the guarda chopper was flying round looking for someone/something, we get car alarms going off all the time as well as house alarms. One in particular is always going off and I think to myself, ARE YOU DEAF? the neighbours must have gotten used to it now, or the guards know it's a false alarm. I mean why have one if it don't work?

We actually do have one but never set it! (looks out through curtains, makes sure no-one is reading this on a laptop in a car!) The house 2 doors up was robbed the other day, but even though people know I have lots of expensive gear we have even left the back door unlocked and gone out. Mind you it is pretty hard to get into the back of our garden as there is no side or rear entrance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

The two in the room next to me are at it.. :rolleyes::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

headphones block out all unpleasant sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

MizzLolly wrote: »
    The two in the room next to me are at it.. :rolleyes::o

emot-pervert.gifGigiddyemot-pervert.gif

banjopaul wrote: »
    emot-pervert.gifGigiddyemot-pervert.gif

Stopped already would you believe?!

:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Haha, hate that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

We have three cats and theres about 6 more on the road.

So I'm serenaded by the sounds of cats yowling and bells tinkling as they play hide and seek all night long.

Tragedy wrote: »
    We have three cats and theres about 6 more on the road.

So I'm serenaded by the sounds of cats yowling and bells tinkling as they play hide and seek all night long.

I'll swap ya the bangin' hillbillies for the noisey cats! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

we have 2 male who enjoy the odd fight normally near my window howling and making alot of noise

Then we have another mail Mr Mcgee who has a cat cold so he snores quiet loudly and purrs alot and sleeps about 2 inches from my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I'll swap ya the bangin' hillbillies for the noisey cats! :pac:
    I'd buy that for a dollar, nevermind swap!
    I can even find a use for that kleenex you gave me :pac:

ricky91t wrote: »
    we have 2 male who enjoy the odd fight normally near my window howling and making alot of noise

Then we have another mail Mr Mcgee who has a cat cold so he snores quiet loudly and purrs alot and sleeps about 2 inches from my head.

Awww.... sounds cute :)
    Tragedy wrote: »
    I'd buy that for a dollar, nevermind swap!
    I can even find a use for that kleenex you gave me :pac:

Ewwwwwww.... :eek:

*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Awww.... sounds cute :)
    the purring one is
    hearing the howling of cats fighting isn't :p

it could be worse

Advertisement