Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swinging for a woman

Options
  • 28-09-2008 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello all ... a nice debatable question for a first post - if your a guy and a girl swings for you be it with a glass bottle or a fist, would you feel justified hitting back? (like in In Bruges for those whove seen it)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

thread title is seriously midleading here. :D

it is never right to hit a woman, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I hate this blind mindedness of people saying it is never right to hit a woman.

If a woman was beating me senseless I would hit back, as hard as I could, in the face.

And yes the title is misleading :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Does anal count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tod Unctious

lol theres so many threads on here u need fairly catchy thread titles! my minds not made up either way! anal may be an over reaction :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Jay D wrote: »

If a woman was beating me senseless I would hit back, as hard as I could, in the face.

And yes the title is misleading :D

+1000000000000000

Why is it more acceptable in society for a woman to hit a man? It can hurt the guy just as much and if it's from your lover, the emotional hurt that comes from that is severe and much longer-lasting than the physical pain.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Does anal count?
    99,999 posts?!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im like Postman Pat of the internet world! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If a woman swung at me with a bottle, I'd go technoviking on her ass.

it is never right to hit a woman, end of story.

Having absolute opinions is pretty ridiculous to be fair. There are numerous occasions where hitting a woman is fine. Similarly there are only a number of occasions where hitting a man is fine. I consider both equally rare and equally reprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Yeah, I would never hit a woman for an insult or something, but if she attacked me I have a right to knock that bitch out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Jay D wrote: »

another thread in here is discussin this in all fairness. if you get kicks from punching a woman, then you need to get out more. this thread will be locked anyway as soon as mods come across it, so maybe we should keep our opinions in a debate that is already open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Just walk away. You want to live with the shame of lamping a girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I demand a real swinging thread! This thread title got me all worked up, then I was profoundly disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Depends on whether she likes it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

What shame ? I'd gladly lamp a girl who swung for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I was in a night club many years ago and while walking to the bar I felt a blow to the back of my head,it felt like needles in my head and there was a crunching feeling too.A girl decided to smash a pint glass into my head because she thought I was someone else.I turned and punched her right in the mouth.I didnt know I had done it until she was unconsious on the floor with her lip split and missing 3 of her teeth,blood was running from her nose and dripping onto the floor.
    The Gardai were called and when they viewed the cctv in the club they smiled at me and said she deserved it.I was then taken home by the Gardai and told me I should have finished her off.
    It was instinct that made me lash out and I would have no problem doing it again, but to be honest it would allways be a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

A bottle would hurt so most definately, that biotch wouldn't get away with it. As for a fist, I dunno. It would depend on the circumstances, but I'd be the same even with a guy. I'm not really the fighting type. But if it was a slap, then no, they're pretty harmless and petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

I'd be much more powerful than most women due to kickboxing and the like, so if it came down to some drunken ho trying to swing, i'd just restrain her. However if a knife was involved, i'd go for k.o, broken arms...the full works. Male, female, child, adult.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

-Leave your bag and any loose accessories you may have down by the pole.
    -Make sure you hold on to both ropes tightly.
    -A sports bra may be necessary should the swinging cause you discomfort or unwanted attention.
    -Try not to wear a skirt, or if you must, make sure to wear one long enough so that the peak of your swing does not exceed a height such that your legs would be parallel with the average male's line of sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Disarm the girl and restrain. No need for violence. And then when no one's looking, sneak in a quick grope.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Disarm the girl and restrain. No need for violence. And then when no one's looking, sneak in a quick grope.

Fantastic, everybody wins;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If anybody is attacking me, and is not mentally retarded or anything like that (ie. they know what they're doing (no, drunkenness is not an excuse) ), then they're game-ball for a dig in a jaw.

Women don't belong on a pedastel by virtue of the fact that they have a vagina.

A woman is (usually) just like a really weak bloke. If a really weak bloke attacks me, I'll give him a dig also. Why should a woman be treated differently? What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

as you can see from my post in the other thread i didnt hit the girl that hit me

if one came at me with a bottle or hit me more than once than i can definitely see myself decking the scumbagette but other than that id never hit a girl unless its what turned her on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

If you are attacked first and you feel in danger, i.e. you can't walk away without them keeping at you then defo punch a woman in the face. **** this pc nonsense. Some of the most recent over the top savage attacks on both men and women have been carried out by packs of drunk women. They have a herd mentality that can be frightening and groups of women especially when attacking one of their own have been proved to be vicious.

You will invariably, if you are a man who punches a woman, be made out to be the bad guy. What the footage or paper report won't show is that it was ten drunken women attacking one guy who was defending himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

2qk4u wrote: »
    I was in a night club many years ago and while walking to the bar I felt a blow to the back of my head,it felt like needles in my head and there was a crunching feeling too.A girl decided to smash a pint glass into my head because she thought I was someone else.I turned and punched her right in the mouth.I didnt know I had done it until she was unconsious on the floor with her lip split and missing 3 of her teeth,blood was running from her nose and dripping onto the floor.
    The Gardai were called and when they viewed the cctv in the club they smiled at me and said she deserved it.I was then taken home by the Gardai and told me I should have finished her off.
    It was instinct that made me lash out and I would have no problem doing it again, but to be honest it would allways be a last resort.
    I was actually in the tripod at something, think it was Sasha and some bitch was bating the head off some bloke with her high heel in hand. She got thrown out because of it. Luckily or unluckily as there were so many people around and such a thing could easily go unnoticed but it's amazing that no one would grab the female to restrain her where as if it were a male slapping her, a different story all together.

Equality my ****ing eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

If she wants to act like a man, i'll treat her like one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The thing is though, if you're being attacked by a woman and you hit her a dig, there's probably a good chance some random bloke, seeing the injustice of it all, will jump in and attack you for it. "You can't hit a woman ye c*nt!"

• Advertisement

some interesting viewpoints so far defo something ppl feel strongely about one way or another

Advertisement