Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikini Bod

Options
  • 21-08-2008 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi All,

Going away in 4 weeks time. Want to get a nice bikini bod!!

I'm not fat but need to tone up.

Unfortunately I am moving buildings in work and I am extremely busy so I don't have time for the gym.

Any tips folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

You left it a little late.

Cant you go walking before work if your busy after work. All you need really is 1 hour a day at most.

Stick to a clean diet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

I know its late. i only found out today I was going.

Is there any excerises I could be doing to tone my abs, thighs and arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Ok 05 here goes,

Remove all the crap you eat, anything that comes pre wrapped is probably bad for you. Coke, snacks, crisps, deserts ANYTHING that comes pre-prepared,

Then you need to do pressups, and squats, if you dont know what these are have a search plenty of people have posted up good instructional video's of them before,

4 weeks is a long time, thats 28 days, at a decent rate of work you can loose a few lbs, and tighten stuff up

Thanks gabgab!

May get out running as well. If only we could get a couple of dry evenings.

I aslo noticed on sky channel 288 (body in balance) it has a few good yoga programs and also a Carribean (cardio) workout show. Might get stuck into those aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

4 weeks is plenty of time to see a difference!

Drop all junk as gabgab said - the less you eat the better the result.
    Get doing bodyweight exercises and weights if possible
    Get out doing some cardio and get the heart pumping!

Come back in the days before your hols and let us know what kind of results you got!

• Advertisement

Oh I will!!

Is there any supplements you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

liberal doses of will power is all you need :D

05D wrote: »
    Oh I will!!

Is there any supplements you would recommend?

You could supplement the Sky TV channel for........
    A good solid walk, interval run, dependant on levels of fitness etc,

Also stick up a log in fitness logs, nothing like a countdown and having to actually write stuff down to focus the mind,

OR

Take a bikini picture for yourself, and then have it in your head you have another 28 days or whatever it is to get in shape,

Go on I dare ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Esse85 wrote: »
    You left it a little late.

That's rubbish. The OP still has lots of time to clean up her diet and start doing a decent exercise routine.

OP if you're not too familiar with exercises or havn't an idea of where to start I would recommend joining some type of fitness class. Spinning, aeorobics, martial arts etc. The more intense the better.

Diet will also have a huge impact on how achievable your goal is. You will need to re-evaluate what you are eating, how much you are eating and when you are eating. The diet and nutrition sticky should help you with all the basics. If you have more specific dietry questions then there are lots of posters here who are more than willing to provide assistance.

Oh and this thread is nothing without pics!

Stick up a photo of me in sa bikini here?? :eek:

Although it is a very good idea taking a photo now and in 4 weeks!

Not sure about putting it up here though!

• Advertisement

Ok I am not suggesting that you need to post it up,

However I will say this, the motivation to achieve our goals can dwindle at times, for a number of reasons.......

However public pics, a written down declaration of single minded, determined, focused and driven struggle to these goals will help you along,

(seriously, without the doctor phil nonsense, nothing like doing it and then showing a loada people you achieved it)

You an cut your head out, but probably best to leave it in.

Purely so we can establish very important criteria that we wont go into here but I assure you are very important.......

I'll take a pic over the weekend so!

Just have to figure out how to put a photo up here now!

Al_Fernz wrote: »
    That's rubbish. The OP still has lots of time to clean up her diet and start doing a decent exercise routine.

OP if you're not too familiar with exercises or havn't an idea of where to start I would recommend joining some type of fitness class. Spinning, aeorobics, martial arts etc. The more intense the better.

Diet will also have a huge impact on how achievable your goal is. You will need to re-evaluate what you are eating, how much you are eating and when you are eating. The diet and nutrition sticky should help you with all the basics. If you have more specific dietry questions then there are lots of posters here who are more than willing to provide assistance.

Oh and this thread is nothing without pics!

Lots of time my arse:rolleyes:

The cheek of you to call what i said rubbish, your arrogance is cheap.

Lots of time my arse:rolleyes:

The cheek of you to call what i said rubbish, your arrogance is cheap.

Lads I'm not fat or anything! Just want to tone up! I'm 5' 7" and about 9 1/2 stone............

I'll take a pic over the weekend so!

Just have to figure out how to put a photo up here now!

And I was all ready to call you a coward :D:p

Go set up a log, attach it there and your laughing

Lads I'm not fat or anything! Just want to tone up! I'm 5' 7" and about 9 1/2 stone............

Im sure your not fat but as you agreed a month is not a lot of time to make much of a transformation especially if you haven't time to make the gym.

Its just very disrespectful for someone to claim your comment is "rubbish" when in fact the said statement makes sense.

I suppose.

I do have a bit of time though!

Stick up a photo of me in sa bikini here?? :eek:

Although it is a very good idea taking a photo now and in 4 weeks!

Not sure about putting it up here though!

Not of you, I meant in general. This thread's title promised so much and I fully expected bikini clad women. :mad: The comment was just a lame attempt to confirm my alpha-male status amongst fellow posters.

The photo idea is a good one. Make sure to take it in the same place with the same lighting and the same pose tho. You don't need to post it up here because the most important judge of your progress will be yourself.

Im sure your not fat but as you agreed a month is not a lot of time to make much of a transformation especially if you haven't time to make the gym.

Its just very disrespectful for someone to claim your comment is "rubbish" when in fact the said statement makes sense.

If you actually read the first post you would see that the OP is not looking to make a huge transformation. Just lose a bit of bodyfat so that she looks good in her bikini.

Also it's not essential for the OP to go to the gym to make progress which is what you seem to be implying here.
    Cant you go walking before work if your busy after work. All you need really is 1 hour a day at most.

Stick to a clean diet too

At most? Not sure what you mean here. Will OP blow up if she exceeds the hour?

Kudos on the "stick to a clean diet," comment too. Its not exactly the most helpful either.

I don't need to show your advice any respect. You posted on a public forum. I can critcise your post how I see fit within the forum's rules.

In conclusion, your advice is rubbish and I would recommend that the OP ignore it.:)

I suppose.

I do have a bit of time though!

Of course you do. The most important thing is that you start today. Not tomorrow or Saturday. Make sure to do some activity after work. Walk, run, cycle, climb a tree.....anything. Just don't make excuses.

• Advertisement

Have to travel to Carlow tonight, but instead of driving to the local shops I think I'll walk. Thats a start!!!

Have to travel to Carlow tonight, but instead of driving to the local shops I think I'll walk. Thats a start!!!

Extend the walk, take the long route and make sure to challenge yourself.

If you can get up early do so and start your day with some activity too. No excuses are good enough. If you have time to post on Boards you have time to train!

The term "never argue with an idiot, because they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" applies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

funny-pictures-fighting-jerry-springer-cats.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

At your height and weight you're not too bad in all fairness. As you've done extend your walking to every evening if possible for 40mins at least.

2 times midweek and maybe once at the weekend look to do these with a one minute rest between sets and two minute rest between exercises.

3-4 sets of bodyweight squats 8-10 reps
    3-4 sets of lunges 8-10 reps
    3-4 sets of shoulder press 8-10 reps (use tins as weights)
    3 sets of 15 situps

Nothing to drastic there you could throw in some press ups also if you wanted ie on your knees! If you do this workout it should take you no more than half an hour then go for a 20 min walk to cool down. Plenty of info on food in the stickies.

Good luck and enjoy the holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Hi All,

Going away in 4 weeks time. Want to get a nice bikini bod!!

I'm not fat but need to tone up.

Unfortunately I am moving buildings in work and I am extremely busy so I don't have time for the gym.

Any tips folks?
    You've left it too late. You aren't that dedicated either so you won't be having a beach bod to be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

You've left it too late. You aren't that dedicated either so you won't be having a beach bod to be proud of.

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

My e-penis is bigger than all of yores put together.

Please concentrate on assisting the OP peoples, next OT/ unhelpful /bitchy post gets infracted.

Al, post deleted, too far.

And how would you know I'm not dedicated?

I asked for advice on toning up not to be shot down and told I am not dedicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

And how would you know I'm not dedicated?

I asked for advice on toning up not to be shot down and told I am not dedicated.

Prove him wrong 05D, prove him wrong. :D

Consider it motivation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement