Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion] - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

26-07-2008, 20:08   #1
JP Liz

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

What have they done to the character of Rory? They have turned him into an awful asshole. It would have been better for him not to return after Lorcan's death and now they have him chasing Niamh (why)???????

Now Geraldine is gone pschyo??????

MOD EDIT: I'd like to remind people that this thread should be bound to the same rules regarding spoilers as the Television forum.

That is:

Quote:
  • Just to be completely clear on the use of spoilers:
    - If a thread title has the word "Spoilers" in it, then it is OK to discuss the most recent episode (or older) without using [ spoiler ] tags.
    - If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
    - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)
    - Links to interviews, show news etc. are OK (people can decide on whether or not to click them).
    - Posting Youtube clips of "next episode" promos is also OK in the TV forum (people can decide whether or not to watch them).
    - Bear in mind that some show-specific forums in the TV category have their own rules about where promo clips can be posted. Please check their charter if you are not sure.
So anything hasn't aired (whether it's news or synopsis of a future episode) should remain in spoiler tags.

You can speculate without the need for spoiler tags though!

Last edited by Basq; 16-05-2011 at 16:43.
Advertisement
27-07-2008, 12:20   #2
gogglebok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz View Post
What have they done to the character of Rory? They have turned him into an awful asshole. It would have been better for him not to return after Lorcan's death and now they have him chasing Niamh (why)???????
I always thought Rory was a bit of an asshole. I think Carol is the Titanic and any other woman must look like a lifeboat. What Niamh sees in him is another question.

At the moment it looks more like he will end up with Orla, I would say. She's certainly throwing the signals.
27-07-2008, 12:28   #3
Madge

Yeah. and what about Barry- he used to be a nice caring interested teacher and principal and now as the editor of the local paper he's gone all nasty and mean and sly trying to dig up dirt and rumours on his neighbours and friends!? Seems like a complete unrealistic character change IMO.
27-07-2008, 17:32   #4
kerry4sam

It's a soap people ... It's about maintaining viewship and boosting ratings ... Having everyone all goodie goodie and happy during the episodes i one sure way to destroy a soap that's been running for years
28-07-2008, 19:08   #5
Miss Gulch

Al least we finally find out next week what happened to Lana
Advertisement
28-07-2008, 20:01   #6
sam34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Gulch View Post
Al least we finally find out next week what happened to Lana
do tell???
28-07-2008, 23:07   #7
Miss Gulch

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/series...9/125-128.html
(3) thanks from:
28-07-2008, 23:14   #8
Harpie

I fúcking love Fairly ****ty..The OTT characters and stereotypes are just highlarious to watch! Carol's outburst(s) in the Galley were just enthralling Bets on what happened to Lana? I say she ran off with Fossett's

Just clicked the link to see what happens with Lana...bit depressing to say the least!

Last edited by Harpie; 28-07-2008 at 23:23.
04-08-2008, 18:15   #9
JP Liz

Did Mick kill Lana?

Poor Leo
Advertisement
04-08-2008, 18:18   #10
Miss Gulch

I wouldn't say it was Mick, what was his motif? I think he was already in prison when she went missing as she went missing in August last year. Maybe someone told him when he was in prison?
07-08-2008, 00:40   #11
duridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Gulch View Post
I wouldn't say it was Mick, what was his motif? I think he was already in prison when she went missing as she went missing in August last year. Maybe someone told him when he was in prison?
I'd say you are right about Mick being in the slammer at the time of Lana's disappearance. I suspect that Lana was killed "on demand" by one of his cronies and Mick would simply have heard about it from them, or if Mick wasn't on the inside, maybe inquiries had been made in his own direction, when the "contract" was being sought, so Mick's role may be deeper - i.e., he may have helped with contacts, who to talk to, that sort of thing.
(Apparently, by the RTE website, the killer is Spoiler: ***Terence** - though probably not the John Creedon character from the 80's, I doubt the Dubs would have got a hitman from Cork :D).
My own suspiscion is that he was hired to kill her by that creepy Brian guy who used to (maybe still does) work for Séamus McAleer. That's the guy who stole Clare, the teacher, away from Damian last year. If you remember he had a big row with Lana when she was doing taxi work, resulting in Brian being ejected from her cab, and left stranded. He would certainly have had the money to hire a hitman, and certainly hated Lana. It wasn't long after that incident that she disappeared.

Last edited by duridian; 07-08-2008 at 01:02.
07-08-2008, 11:23   #12
smiles22

who was Terence in it? say's Mick gets a call 4m him??
07-08-2008, 17:54   #13
duridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles22 View Post
who was Terence in it? say's Mick gets a call 4m him??
To be honest, the only Terence I can definitely think of in FC is Terence McMahon, who is Róisín's dad, but I think there was one of Sylvie Garrigan's (and previously Billy Meehan's) upper level thugs named Terence as well, who used to appear now and again.
08-08-2008, 12:59   #14
gogglebok

I can't believe the website gives away the identity of the killer. They seem to have designed a site that fans of the series have to avoid. What's the point of that?

I thought the most obvious candidate to kill Lana was Tim, Leo's partner in the garage. He was pretty insane - he looked like the disturbed third member of Foster and Allen. He could easily have lost his temper with her for defending Olga. But he would have eaten the body rather than bury it, from the look of him.

It would be a great twist if the body in the grave wasn't Lana after all. She could walk into the trial as a surprise witness.
19-08-2008, 18:32   #15
tintinr35

I hate the way they just drop storylines after about two weeks, then another one starts and lasts for about two weeks and it is dropped again and totally forgetten about. WTF is the story with that kylie one, did her da not used to beat the Fcuk out of her and now they are bessie mates.
everyone has totally forgotten about the whole floyd heather thing now...... ah fair city i suppose its consistantly bad if nothing else!!
Thread Closed