Boards Jersey Sightings - Page 16 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
15-03-2009, 16:45   #226
ROK ON
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenhat View Post
One today, at the cafe in Laragh around 12:45, rolled up and stated chatting to three lads, no doubt also Boards aficionados under cover. Would have introduced myself but my group was heading on at that point.
That was NiceOneTom. 3 blokes were Cadex, Madhatter and meself.
You should have popped up- were you with the Orwell gang. Impressive numbers out. Laragh was beautiful today.
ROK ON is offline  
Advertisement
15-03-2009, 16:54   #227
Mint Sauce
Full of minty goodness.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North West
Posts: 20,750
many boards jersey sightings outside dublin/east coast area, was thinking of getting one but didn't want to be the talk of the NW forum

Mint Sauce is offline  
Thanks from:
15-03-2009, 17:07   #228
rottenhat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROK ON View Post
That was NiceOneTom. 3 blokes were Cadex, Madhatter and meself.
You should have popped up- were you with the Orwell gang. Impressive numbers out. Laragh was beautiful today.
Yep, in the Orwell group wearing mostly black with a couple of Cinzano logos on the shoulders. I presume you were the handsome devil in the Rapha gear? I had a feeling you'd be boardsies but didn't want to get into a long involved explanation if you turned out not to be.
rottenhat is offline  
15-03-2009, 17:42   #229
niceonetom
Registered User
 
niceonetom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Pain Cave
Posts: 4,565
Yep, twas I.

*waves*
niceonetom is offline  
15-03-2009, 18:23   #230
ROK ON
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenhat View Post
Yep, in the Orwell group wearing mostly black with a couple of Cinzano logos on the shoulders. I presume you were the handsome devil in the Rapha gear? I had a feeling you'd be boardsies but didn't want to get into a long involved explanation if you turned out not to be.

Correct sir. That cinzano gear looked great - was it my imagination or was it merino? Anyway, looked very retro.
ROK ON is offline  
Advertisement
15-03-2009, 19:46   #231
TheTubes
Registered User
 
TheTubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cork
Posts: 568
Guy in a long sleeve boards jersey approaching Carrigaline from the airport side at about 2.30 today.
Any takers?
TheTubes is offline  
15-03-2009, 21:20   #232
Funkyzeit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTubes View Post
Guy in a long sleeve boards jersey approaching Carrigaline from the airport side at about 2.30 today.
Any takers?
For once not Roger... That was me Tubes - should have said hello !
Funkyzeit is offline  
15-03-2009, 21:53   #233
TheTubes
Registered User
 
TheTubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cork
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyzeit View Post
For once not Roger... That was me Tubes - should have said hello !
I was in the car, I was passed you before I relised it was a boards jersey, will beep next time!
TheTubes is offline  
Thanks from:
16-03-2009, 09:30   #234
peterk19
Registered User
 
peterk19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,216
Send a message via MSN to peterk19
I presume i seen Caroline_ie cycling on amiens street this mornnig at about 8:10 on a black bowery in a boards jersey
peterk19 is offline  
Advertisement
16-03-2009, 09:37   #235
Caroline_ie
Registered User
 
Caroline_ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: txiki bizikleta
Posts: 5,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterk19 View Post
I presume i seen Caroline_ie cycling on amiens street this mornnig at about 8:10 on a black bowery in a boards jersey
NO wasn't me - Was probably LDB - I work in D15
Caroline_ie is offline  
16-03-2009, 09:40   #236
peterk19
Registered User
 
peterk19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,216
Send a message via MSN to peterk19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline_ie View Post
NO wasn't me - Was probably LDB - I work in D15
Ah must have been i tend to relate the bowery to you straight away
peterk19 is offline  
16-03-2009, 09:44   #237
LDB
Registered User
 
LDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 445
Yeah, that was me alright. Hello!
LDB is offline  
16-03-2009, 09:52   #238
peterk19
Registered User
 
peterk19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,216
Send a message via MSN to peterk19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Yeah, that was me alright. Hello!
Hello i was stuck in traffic so didnt want to start beebong randomly
peterk19 is offline  
16-03-2009, 12:49   #239
rottenhat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROK ON View Post
Correct sir. That cinzano gear looked great - was it my imagination or was it merino?
100% - it's one of the vintage-velos jerseys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROK ON View Post
Anyway, looked very retro.
Ah, music to my ears.
rottenhat is offline  
25-03-2009, 14:35   #240
blorg
Registered User
 
blorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Thailand
Posts: 15,936
Spotted someone on the way to Enniskerry at lunchtime. I have a few theories as to who but not 100% sure, I had a bit of a tailwind at the time and was pedalling quite fast. I was in black and orange myself.
blorg is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet