Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas Petrol Bombing

Options
  • 17-03-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats going on at the moment a couple of cars have been set on fire up around the berryfield area... scum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Jaysus..

Doesnt help Finglas with the tough name parts of it have..

There are always a few little kunts that give an area a bad name :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Theres mad riots going on people getting dragged out of there cars, garda or just standing around in riot gear away from it all doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Lets just hope they stay away from North County Dublin.

Theres mad riots going on people getting dragged out of there cars, garda or just standing around in riot gear away from it all doing nothing

I heard hookey talking about it on Newstalk.

Are you near the trouble?

Yea 2 mins away but im not going up for a look, chances are i know alot of them and ill end up fighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Not too far from there at the moment, Garda helicopter is overhead and I haven't heard any trains in a while (though thats probably a coincidence ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Moved from Dublin County North.

Go outside with a big poster with "boards.ie" on it.. it will be on the 9 o clock news. Bit of d'aul publicity wouldnt do any harm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

snyper wrote: »
    Go outside with a big poster with "boards.ie" on it.. it will be on the 9 o clock news. Bit of d'aul publicity wouldnt do any harm :D

Sure, a big sign with boards on it in the background of a minor riot, why wouldn't we want ourselves associated with the car burning skanger folks. No such thing as bad publicity :D

Screw it, just get the skangers to sign up to boards while you're out there, AH would turn into the thunderdome within an hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Pics or it didn't happen :D

• Advertisement

lol only have one phone pic of the garda standing around in riot gear its crap though

image014vy4.jpg Heres the crap pic i have rte are floating about now so i think ill run around naked with that banner i just made that says boards.ie is for cool people

image014vy4.jpg Heres the crap pic i have rte are floating about now so i think ill run around naked with that banner i just made that says boards.ie is for cool people

Thread in a grainy way.. delivers.

You are the boards.ie reporter. Try not to get lamped like Charlie Bird

Do it son.

Make a name for yerself.

You wil be long remembered here.

ah i just got chased by the garda into my house for indecent exposure, there banging at my door asking me to come quietly... what to do :eek:

Where's the burnt out cars though? :)

Wait a min, is that tolka valley rd there in the pic?

To the boards roving reporter...is the bad stuff still going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ah i just got chased by the garda into my house for indecent exposure, there banging at my door asking me to come quietly... what to do :eek:

Go out all guns blazing, Butch & Sundance style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

seems to have finished for the most part now. looks like the gardai had everything blocked off from the roundabout on cardiffsbridge road. Dunnes car park seemed to be the place to be for spectators, I thought I was gonna get charged an admission fee when I cut through about an hour ago.:eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Chew a pillow as you ejaculate through the letterbox?

Its still going on as far as i know and yes that is tolka valley road in the pic... im going to go load all my airsoft weapons cause im gonna go out in style mwahahaha :cool:

• Advertisement

Ok, i ran down to the scene about 20min away, took a few pics with a shaky hand with the icy air and keepin an eye on any gards going to snatch the cam off me :)
    Didn't see any action, just loads of gardai milling around and took aftermath pics

First pic, guy on left was only professional lookig photographer there so expect his fotos to be in some paper tomorrow!
    DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

First 2 pics are actually the riot squad milling around 2 of their vans with their woof woofs :)
    DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

Was this damaged fence here ages or as a result of tonight?
    DSCN0204.jpg

Lots of what looks like bud looking beer bottle glass smashed :D
    DSCN0205.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

It's just another drink engorged party.

That's good, because they'll leave the tokers alone at the slightly quieter party down the road. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Obviously they are rioting in support of a Free Tibet. They saw what is happening in China and couldn't sit around doing nothing. Who can blame them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

wyndham wrote: »
    Obviously they are rioting in support of a Free Tibet. They saw what is happening in China and couldn't sit around doing nothing. Who can blame them?
    :D

It stopped for a while and is back on now apparantly.... my mate is working down there tonight

DaveMcG wrote: »
    :D

It stopped for a while and is back on now apparantly.... my mate is working down there tonight

Ah feck, flippn typical, i took those pics at 8:45, left the scene and its starting again? :)

Someone else go down and get some pics!
    clown bag wrote:
    seems to have finished for the most part now. looks like the gardai had everything blocked off from the roundabout on cardiffsbridge road. Dunnes car park seemed to be the place to be for spectators, I thought I was gonna get charged an admission fee when I cut through about an hour ago.

Jayzus, did you not get any pics??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

so what happened anyway. overheard a few people talking about people getting pulled out of their cars. seen a few cars / vans ablaze earlier on. Gardai seemed to slowly surround the area where gurramok took his pics. was all clear again when I walked by a couple of hours ago.
    gurramok wrote: »
    Jayzus, did you not get any pics??
    Ha, there was no getting near that area you where when I was around earlier. Thought about taking a few from the car park at dunnes but was full up of scummers calling their mates asking which of them were arrested and which got away. thought it best not to start taking snaps.

edit: It just got 5 seconds on the bog 1 news at 9.

Is it really starting back up?

clown bag wrote: »
    so what happened anyway. overheard a few people talking about people getting pulled out of their cars. seen a few cars / vans ablaze earlier on. Gardai seemed to slowly surround the area where gurramok took his pics. was all clear again when I walked by a couple of hours ago.

Thk i arrived around 7:30, no signs of any burnt cars which might had been removed by the time i got there but plenty of debris around as evidence of ve-hicle damage.
    clown bag wrote: »
    Ha, there was no getting near that area you where when I was around earlier. Thought about taking a few from the car park at dunnes but was full up of scummers calling their mates asking which of them were arrested and which got away. thought it best not to start taking snaps.

I approached from tolka valley road with my cam. Understandable not taking pics though with them around, i was a bit nervous myself and careful to snap the above across the road from the ogling crowd.
    Is it really starting back up?

Dunno, aren't you near the scene anyway, take a gander around the corner :D

Though i'm tempted to head down again, might keep me fit :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Advertisement