Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT release 1.3 out now!

Options
  • 05-06-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Release 1.3

Improvements in this version:
    - Support for multiple accounts: AFT will store as many accounts as you like on the phone so you can easily switch between them.
    - Full support for VoipBuster and SMSDiscount. You can specify a "from number" which is the number that the text message will appear to have come from to the recipient.

You won't have to overwrite the existing AFT data to use this upgrade (but you will have to re-enter your default account details)

There is a new download location for this version of AFT:

http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar
    http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jad

or navigate to the wap page on your mobile phone:

http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.wml

All feedback greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nice work, must try this out!

++ edit ++
    Just downloaded and installed without issues on my K800i.

The support for multiple accounts is great - nice addition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

wooooo go dal :)

congrats

I have a good idea to integrate this with jakkass too :)

edit: for voipbuster, how do you set what number to send from?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

will the midp1 version be updated too ? cause this one is the only one that works with my samsung e390. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I get java/lang/OutOfBoundsException on my nokia 6070 if i scroll in the list of networks and go down to the main create new account screen again. Apart from this, it looks awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Unable to get this working with SMS Discount.
    Invalid account details each time.
    However i can send texts from the sms discount application.
    Any ideas?

Keith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

dal wrote:
    You can specify a "from number" which is the number that the text message will appear to have come from to the recipient.

Can't see where I can specify this?

Other than that it looks great. Working well with o2 and voipbuster.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

@donut,keith,akula

When you choose viopbuster or smsdiscount, the main form should then dynamically changeto have a field appended to it called "From Number". Does this not happen for you guys? Have you scrolled down to the very bottom?

Ok I fixed the indexoutofbounds exception, can those who had problems please try again?

-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

thanks for this wonderful program , i am well chuffed thanks :) using meteor bill pay to send almost free texts

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

Unable to get this working with SMS Discount.
    Invalid account details each time.
    However i can send texts from the sms discount application.
    Any ideas?

Keith
    I have the same; so far I've sent 2 from the PC client. Are you still on the few free trial messages from SmsD, or with credit on the account? I wonder if it's some kind of IP monitoring issue akin to their fair use policy on call minutes, and will work once I send money

Or another possibility? - I'm assuming that the number ID sent must still have been verified on the account. I'll try this new 1.3 with VB this evening

andy0 wrote:
    I'm assuming that the number ID sent must still have been verified on the account. I'll try this new 1.3 with VB this evening
    The "from number" needs to be verified for it to appear as the sender, but if it has not been verified then it should default back to your username.

Just a reminder: I fixed the indexoutofbounds exception, can those who had problems please try again?

• Advertisement

dal, I forgot to ask - is this just an MIDP 2.0 version? It means I must choose the right phone (6070 not 3120)

andy0 wrote:
    dal, I forgot to ask - is this just an MIDP 2.0 version? It means I must choose the right phone (6070 not 3120)
    Yes this is just MIDP 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Yeah, I am having difficulties with it. I am just getting "there was a problem sending your mail".

I tried to top up my account last night and it appears an approved authorisation request was made against my credit card from Betamax VOIP Credit in Cologne for €11.90 so I presume there are no account problems.

I also wonder with AFT that for the sender's number, it gives no facility to enter the + key so if I send a text to the US, my sender's number will begin with 00 which is not the US international access code.

Yeah, I am having difficulties with it. I am just getting "there was a problem sending your mail".

I tried to top up my account last night and it appears an approved authorisation request was made against my credit card from Betamax VOIP Credit in Cologne for €11.90 so I presume there are no account problems.

I also wonder with AFT that for the sender's number, it gives no facility to enter the + key so if I send a text to the US, my sender's number will begin with 00 which is not the US international access code.

Do you have a working net connection on your phone? Has AFT worked for you before?

Good point about the "+" symbol. I will change that tonight.

dal wrote:
    Just a reminder: I fixed the indexoutofbounds exception, can those who had problems please try again?
    Works fine now, thanks!!

my phone supports the MIDP 2.0 version but when i install it i can't scroll down to select different options. My phone is a samsung e390. What can i do. yes the midp 1 works on my mobile but i really want the new one

Betamax servers aren't in the USA, so this isn't relevant, just as you wouldn't dial a US number from Europe as 0111

And in fact, if you are sending + to the USA, you may have compatibility issues if the receiving phone is CDMA which doesn't support +, so I actually would suggest 00

Pyro Boy wrote:
    my phone supports the MIDP 2.0 version but when i install it i can't scroll down to select different options. My phone is a samsung e390. What can i do. yes the midp 1 works on my mobile but i really want the new one
    What do you mean you can't scroll down to select different options? What options? Where?

A bit off topic.

I only setup sms discount yesterday, i haven't bought any credit, just using the free texts so far to test. When you top up with sms discount, with €5 or €10 do you get texts up to value of your credit?, or is a set amount for those prices?

Haven't got this working with AFT yet, keep getting "invalid account", although i have prob used my free texts up, but it didn't work before anyway.
    When you enter your number in "From" field, you cannot enter +3538*****.
    The plus cannot be entered, could this be the problem?

Keith.

when you first have to enter in your account details . i can only write in the first box

• Advertisement

When you enter your number in "From" field, you cannot enter +3538*****.
    The plus cannot be entered, could this be the problem?
    Keith.
    Yep that was just mentioned a bit further up this thread. I will change it tonight. In the meantime, 00353....... works fine for me.
    Pyro Boy wrote:
    when you first have to enter in your account details . i can only write in the first box

Are you absolutely sure about this? I have tested AFT on a samsung e900 without any problems.

A bit off topic.

I only setup sms discount yesterday, i haven't bought any credit, just using the free texts so far to test. When you top up with sms discount, with €5 or €10 do you get texts up to value of your credit?, or is a set amount for those prices?

Haven't got this working with AFT yet, keep getting "invalid account", although i have prob used my free texts up, but it didn't work before anyway.

As I remarked above, I suspect they've restricted the [5] free trial messages by IP address, and you'll get the invalid account message because of no credit yet on the account.

I can't quite figure what you mean about the prices. The credit applied will be used at the tariff applicable when the future messages are sent, so we are taking a gamble on whether they'll increase them, not pre-buying a fixed quantity at the current price. I hope that's what you mean.

Hi Andy,

What i was getting at was: Are they like the text bundles on o2, voda etc....
    I haven't looked into the sms site much, so not sure how it all works.

Keith

No it's not a like a network's inclusive monthly bundle that will expire if not used. It will be open-ended, but as I say, with an exposure to risk of future tariff change.

I think it depends on how much use you expect. AFT can be used with the Irish network accounts anyway, so SmsD might be of more interest to foreign users like me, or non-O2 Irish users who send quite a few foreign messages.

I have my number verified with voip buster but it still sends using my username. Any idea how I change this?

Akula wrote:
    I have my number verified with voip buster but it still sends using my username. Any idea how I change this?

My verified number for smsdiscount is +353857..... and the number I enter into the "from number" field is "00353.......". This definitely works for me.

When you send a text normally from the voipbuster client does it come from your username or your number?

Donutface, you also made the "from number" change on the server for voipbuster, right?

andy0 wrote:
    Betamax servers aren't in the USA, so this isn't relevant, just as you wouldn't dial a US number from Europe as 0111

And in fact, if you are sending + to the USA, you may have compatibility issues if the receiving phone is CDMA which doesn't support +, so I actually would suggest 00

I think he means that the recipient not being able to reply straight away to a message beginning with 00, while replies can be sent straight away if the original message contains a plus.

Dal... I'm actually not seeing the from field at all.. Where should I be seeing it?

Akula wrote:
    Dal... I'm actually not seeing the from field at all.. Where should I be seeing it?

As soon as you select either Voipbuster or SMSDiscount a new field should appear just below the password field.

I have tested this on an SE K750i, a Moto V525 and a Samsung E900.

What kind of phone do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

When sending on an N73, keeps flashing?
    Have disabled flash after send feature

Advertisement