Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 + €20 Deep Stack tournament @ the Sporting Emporium

Options
  • 04-05-2007 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,

This Saturday 4th May €200 + €20 Deep Stack tournament @ the Sporting Emporium

LEVEL SMALL B BIG B ANTE MINUTES

1- 25- 50- - 30
    2- 50- 100- - 30
    3- 75- 150- - 30
    4- 100- 200- - 30
    5- 150- 300- - 30
    5- 150- 300- 25- 45
    6- 200- 400- 25- 45
    7- 300- 600- 50- 45
    8- 400- 800- 50- 45
    9- 600- 1200- 100- 45
    10- 800- 1600- 200- 45
    11- 1000- 2000- 200- 45
    12- 1500- 3000- 300- 45
    13- 2000- 4000- 500- 45
    14- 3000- 6000- 500- 45
    15- 4000- 8000- 1000- 45
    16- 6000- 12000- 1000- 45
    17- 8000- 16000- 1000- 45
    18- 10000- 20000- 2000- 45

Doors open from 6pm Cards in the air 6:30pm sharp

Please note:
    This event is being run by the Sporting Emporium and all events at this location are commercial unless otherwise stated.
    “”We ask all players as a courtesy to each other to arrive at least 30min before the event to ensure a prompt start time.””
    All players must be at least 21 and be a member of the club.
    All tournaments are No-Limit Texas Hold’em unless otherwise stated.
    Structures and starting stacks are set in relation to the size of the buy-in and may be amended or changed at the tournament director’s discretion. (We always make an effort to give maximum value for all our players.)
    All tables are dealt to the highest standard.
    Card room rules available on request (amended TDA rules in practice in the club)
    As normal practice the Tournament Director / Floor person’s decision is final.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Who's up for a last longest for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Flushdraw wrote:
    Who's up for a last longest for this?

im in Tony

Nice one Mick...good to have some of you boys from the south coming up to donate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Stuck in Dub for the w/end so i'll prob be at this and am up for the last longest. Hopefully the weather won't effect numbers too much.

Flushdraw wrote:
    Nice one Mick...good to have some of you boys from the south coming up to donate!

have to try and get some of that team event money back off ya somehow Tony :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

yeah tony i ave some of that, fiver a head....

yeah tony i ave some of that, fiver a head....

lol u can multiply that by 6 and youre getting warm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote:
    lol u can multiply that by 6 and youre getting warm..

ok ok im in

i'm in but prob will be a little late . stick me down for last longest anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

58o wrote:
    i'm in but prob will be a little late . stick me down for last longest anyway.

ha ha - just home from the jackpot i guess?

• Advertisement

25 yoyos a head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Flushdraw wrote:
    25 yoyos a head?

Yeah Tony, count me in on that. I'll be pushing it to make it for 6:30 but I will be there.

PiperT wrote:
    Yeah Tony, count me in on that. I'll be pushing it to make it for 6:30 but I will be there.

Sound Tim. See you there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

GL to all the deros in this. I may appear for some drunken monkey stuff later on...

any updates on this??

LuckyLloyd, bottom feeder, BCB and Gholimoli all going strong when i was leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

lloyd kq, bcb kj... board xxxxj... or something... OSCAR DE LA HOYA WAS ROBBED!

/end transmission!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I finished 6th, BCB, Jay, Strewelpeter, Shane (red hair, not sure if he posts) and another guy all had decent stacks when I bust. Plenty of play left for tomorrow despite there only being 50 runners. We were hand for hand for over an ohur at the final table bubble.

That hand above was a very sick one, with questionable play from both I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

how many get paid....any idea of the payout structure ????

5starpool wrote:
    Shane (red hair, not sure if he posts)

Gone in 5th for 720.

Shane posts as 58o

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote:
    That hand above was a very sick one, with questionable play from both I think.

Calling re - raises pre - flop with KJ OOP FTW!! Then checking every single street for the double win!!

My mistake for never putting KJ or AJ in his range. Rating players as competent is a dangerous business. I thought the insta call could only have been JJ that rivered a set. Oh well, we live and learn.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I thought that might be him, wasn't sure though.

To answer another Q, there were 6 prizes, roughly 4k, 2300, 1100, 870, 720, 620.

Strewelpeter gone in 4th. Jay, 58o and Keith discussing a deal when i left. I think prize money was something like 3300, 2200, 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Flushdraw wrote:
    Strewelpeter gone in 4th. Jay, 58o and Keith discussing a deal when i left. I think prize money was something like 3300, 2200, 1200

Well done to Tony (Strewelpeter) for battling away to 4th. He was a bit short when I left with 14 left. Nice to see Shane and Jay get in there aswell. Well played to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Thanks, I was playing a below average stack for most of the night. I got ahead a couple of times but never got to build a monster. Until the FT I got very little in the way of playable hands JJ twice and AQ twice and never when in position to take the huge pots. Thats the beauty of a structure like this game, even at the shortest when we were playing the bubble (for nearer 2 hours than 1 I think) there was never less than 10bbs in front of me.
    On the FT I got very lucky to almost triple up with AA v KK holding up but I didn't really make the most of the few chances I had to use the bigger stack. In the end when we got 4 handed and as the blinds hit 2K/4K 500 I started to try to play, ahem... creatively against the big stacks that wasn't so clever so I quickly ended up in 4th and left the the three lads working on a deal. The Guy who had the CL wasn't going to be able to make it back tonight and the stacks were quite level some sort of a deal was done and Jay and Shane spit the last longest.
    Delighted to run good with all those good players and there were plenty of good laughs through the very long night.
    Shane posts as 58o
    He might want to change that to 82o :D

He might want to change that to 82o :D

LOL. I got well and truly cookie jarred there. Wp man.

3 way even chop in the end. Stacks me 102000, Jay 130000, Keith 160000. Blinds 2000/4000. Me and Jay happy to come back to play it out but Keith could not due to it being his daughters birthday today. Bit dissapointed we couldnt come back as there was plenty play left but couldnt really see an alternative tbh.Didnt really feel like being a hardass at that stage.

Very enjoyable tourney once again, a fair few interesting hands and good craic too (me and jay had some pretty big confrontations). Very happy with how i played apart from 1 or 2 FT hands but i was always chipped up enough to take the hits.
    WP all cashers and thanks to John, Alex and the dealers for another excellent tournie.

Calling re - raises pre - flop with KJ OOP FTW!! Then checking every single street for the double win!!

My mistake for never putting KJ or AJ in his range. Rating players as competent is a dangerous business. I thought the insta call could only have been JJ that rivered a set. Oh well, we live and learn.

Lloyd,

I wasnt going to comment on the hand, but hey seeing as how youv started i might as well.

I raise from EP and you immediately reraise me. It comes back around to me and im thinking that firstly im getting 2/1 on my money, secondly that you would be out to get one over on me and as a result I can open your range up a bit.

I gave you a big sweat and I know its not your anti well or anything but I will let you in on two of your live tells now.

1. You stared me down - this is a sign of weakness in your hand. When you have a big hand against me here you are focussed on the centre of the table trying to get me committed with a worse holding.

2. I asked you to count your chips and you initially stayed silent - instead pushing them forward towards the dealer. Again if you have a big holding here you are comfortably leaning back in your chair telling me "ah its about another 15k - its a lot of money" etc etc, instead you clam up. I reckon you then realised that you had stayed silent and decided you better talk and you muttered out about how much chips you have.

Now taking the above into consideration I am comfortable that you dont really want to go to war. I dont have you on AK/ AQ or PP's greater than 8's or 9's. i.e something you will instantly call a push with. So I decide to peel off a flop. and reassess it from there. Mistly because of the above and also cos its only your 2nd/3rd hand at the table and I wanted you to know that you were not going to be snapping off my raises for the length of time at the table.

Flop 10 high and if you ask me i have a pretty good table face here. I dwell and check. You bottle and also check. Why do I check? Well ive already decided that ive enough comitted to the pot and that I can give it up. Why? Well im not in the habit of magnifying my preflop mistakes.

Turn a brick and i dwell for ages and I check. You also check

River J, I dwell and check and you push and I insta call. Now why wouldnt I insta call? What am I playing it for if im not willing to get it in. The only thing Im really afraid of is AJ - now thats in your range but given what ive said above your range is wider than normal, its an easy call and there was no need for pains and dramatics over wether or not I can call.

Now rather than bemoaning my play please examine your own. Specifically look at your post flop play. I refer you to my point on your well thread - are you playing bad rather than running bad. Well In this case youv played it bad and post flop its your fault that you went broke in this hand. In fact if your looking for opinions why not start a thread examining your postflop play in this hand and also in your AK v A4 hand against baker1.

I know I played the hand sub optimal and I can acknowledge that. But your the one that failed to punish me for my bad play - your plan for the hand was to take it down preflop and when that happened you didnt know what to do. You only had a plan A.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I gave you a big sweat and I know its not your anti well or anything but I will let you in on two of your live tells now.

1. You stared me down - this is a sign of weakness in your hand. When you have a big hand against me here you are focussed on the centre of the table trying to get me committed with a worse holding.

2. I asked you to count your chips and you initially stayed silent - instead pushing them forward towards the dealer. Again if you have a big holding here you are comfortably leaning back in your chair telling me "ah its about another 15k - its a lot of money" etc etc, instead you clam up. I reckon you then realised that you had stayed silent and decided you better talk and you muttered out about how much chips you have.

I dunno about the first one, but I'm fairly sure he never counts out his chips, no matter what he's holding.

I dunno about the first one, but I'm fairly sure he never counts out his chips, no matter what he's holding.

That is not my experience and im very confident that ive logged quite a few more hands with Lloyd than you. Its not just about the act of counting of his chips its about his demeanor when I ask the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dear Diary,

I donked out of this tournament. I made a semi-standard move, but with bad timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

BCB your call preflop is horrendous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement