Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who IS going to Vegas...

Options
  • 02-07-2006 4:34pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Regardless if you are playing or not, who's heading over??

There is an irish/scots bar in the Rio where we started to hang out last year, hopefully we'll get a few games of pool in again.

So, you are are going or know of players who are, please you post here.
    We'll be making a WSOP specific forum on Antesup soon to facilitate WSOP specific chat (particularly between people out there).

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

Myself , Dave Curtis , Derek Murray and John Cullnane are coming from Galway so far. We get in on the 26th.

Staying MGM myself and Curtis others in New York New York

cant wait :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

ill be down a few days before ME probably, to try a few sats etc. not sure how long ill be there, depends if anyone goes deep. not sure how many, if any, are coming with me from chicago but will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I'll be there for almost three weeks trying to go broke around the time of the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

Im over but not for WSOP, over at end of august, 21st - 31st

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah Mathew, you're going to miss it all! :(
    Theres going to be a big contingent from outside Dublin this year.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

3 weeks from the 21st. Getting close now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

DeVore wrote:

So, you are are going or know of players who are, please you post here.

Me make big war on pale face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'm there from the 26th to the 11th. Staying at The Orleans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

19th to 11th! Flamingo

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm off next Friday for 8 days (staying in The Mirage). Will be playing a couple of the smaller buy-in events.
    Still trying to win a seat in the main event so that I can get back there later in the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

not quite sure of the dates yet. ill be over for a long weekend from 21st/22nd to the 25th or 28th, depending on work demands. doubt ill be able to stay around for any of the main event......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

DeVore wrote:
    Ah Mathew, you're going to miss it all! :(
    Theres going to be a big contingent from outside Dublin this year.

DeV.

:( next year i guess! im letting you guys go ahead and find all the good games, and pubs for me.

Seriously have a good time. Im sure it'll be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

myself and pokypoky from the 24th July to 11th August

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

i'll be going from the 24th to the 10th, have a pretty decent crew of mainly non poker playing mates coming with me too, looking forward to it, mainly for the boozing!

and u never know, a miracle could always happen and i might cash in the main event! lol

ocallagh, i was also thinking about booking the flamingo, the special rates offered by the wsop look to be about as cheap as there is going and location and hotel standard look very good, what do u think about the place? or is there a better deal elsewhere?

i'll be going from the 24th to the 10th, have a pretty decent crew of mainly non poker playing mates coming with me too, looking forward to it, mainly for the boozing!

and u never know, a miracle could always happen and i might cash in the main event! lol

ocallagh, i was also thinking about booking the flamingo, the special rates offered by the wsop look to be about as cheap as there is going and location and hotel standard look very good, what do u think about the place? or is there a better deal elsewhere?

hey andrew,

lots of people are staying at the flamingo from what I can gather, including myself, karl, reggie and dave m. maybe we can all play football!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

wicked mate

i shall book ahead to try and get their 5 a side 'Soccer' pitch booked!!! lol

what sort of price did u get on the flamingo? did u use the special wsop entrant rate?

looking forward to it, glad to know there'll be a few more lads to get boozed with, bring on the large quantites of free alcohol!

what sort of price did u get on the flamingo? did u use the special wsop entrant rate?

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/reservations/

Unfortunately I haven't qualified yet so I'm paying quite a bit more than you would be. However, pre-entrant rate means that when I do qualify I stand to get the huge discount. The biggest problem for me is getting my home internet connection back in time so I can start playing online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Will be there from the 26th to the 7th and maybe longer hopefully.

Staying in MGM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

26th - 11th, playing main event and maybe one or 2 others, staying in the Rio.

Flamingo is the oldest one on the strip, and up until 2003 it was a dump apparently...:eek: but it was renovated in 2003 and now it's supposed to be nice enough. Nothing amazing.. the pool looks nice though and it's close to everything. 24th to 11th is costing about $1700 for twin room (so $850 each) i think with the wsop rates.

plus theer are so many staying there we should be fine for sharing taxis etc... go on... book it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I'm also at the Flamingo, with Dave, Niall and Oscar.
    I was thinking that it would be a great idea to get some football going with all the Irish who are going to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

so thats my goalkeeping gloves i have to pack now aswell as the pool cue and the golf clubs !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

25th July til 11th August and staying in the Rio.

stick me down for that soccer match :)

so thats my goalkeeping gloves i have to pack now aswell as the pool cue and the golf clubs !!!
    you bring your own cue? la-di-da!

i'm gonna lose all my money playing pool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

This whole thread should be posted in the Religion/South East Forum, where us poor unfortunates staying at home, won't find it.

Jammy bas_tards, one and all. :)

PS. Prob bet for the Vegas crew. five a side astro game when ye return for a nominal fee. Pick your best five out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im staying in the Flamingo 11th July to 11th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

So should we pick a spot before heading out for all the boards and irish in general to hang out, maybe a coffee shop or something.....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ollieboy wrote:
    So should we pick a spot before heading out for all the boards and irish in general to hang out, maybe a coffee shop or something.....lol

"The tilted kilt" I think its called scottish/irish wannabe type bar with pool tables in the Rio, around an hours walk from the wsop hall though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I haven't kicked a ball in two years. Can't believe I'll be making my comeback to football in Vegas.

Advertisement